Let the RG8 Mods begin...

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
If you're okay with using a bass string, then a 95 or 100 would do it for that low D.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

silent suicide

Winter is coming
Reaction score
Would it fit through the body/nut/tuner?
Nut can be filed a bit and tuner can be drilled but I suppose not that much, beter to unwind it..

Reaction score
Or you could just do something different and play an 8 string in the tuning its in and maybe just drop the low string? This tuning seems a little redonkulous heh

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
Black pole Dactivators and a home made pickguard. I cut the whole damn thing with a dremel. I didn't use a template or anything. I just sketched out a rough outline of what I wanted and started cutting shit up unit it fit! My next one will be better when I actually have a bandsaw. :fawk: This was just to test the waters really. I'm gonna try a red/white/red ply next.

IMG_0249_zpseaa0e110.jpg

IMG_0250_zpscd53bfa9.jpg

EDIT: For the price you guys are buying these, you could just buy the stuff to make one yourself! I am going to make a few different colors though, and I'll probably end up posting a few for sale in the FS section. Plus I actually enjoy making them, so the price wouldnt be as high as someone who's making a living from this sort of thing ;)

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
Black pole Dactivators and a home made pickguard. I cut the whole damn thing with a dremel. I didn't use a template or anything. I just sketched out a rough outline of what I wanted and started cutting shit up unit it fit! My next one will be better when I actually have a bandsaw. :fawk: This was just to test the waters really. I'm gonna try a red/white/red ply next.

IMG_0249_zpseaa0e110.jpg

IMG_0250_zpscd53bfa9.jpg

EDIT: For the price you guys are buying these, you could just buy the stuff to make one yourself! I am going to make a few different colors though, and I'll probably end up posting a few for sale in the FS section. Plus I actually enjoy making them, so the price wouldnt be as high as someone who's making a living from this sort of thing ;)

That would look so classy with black pole/white Ionizers :drool:

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
That would look so classy with black pole/white Ionizers :drool:

:agreed:
I almost bought some white pups, too! But then I saw these black on black, and most folks have the metal lookin poles, so I had to jump on these!
"I'm different, yeahhh, I'm different" - 2 Chainz (But also applies to my pups)

Reaction score
Mods all decided on and underway

- Purple pearloid pickguard with matching truss rod cover
- D'activators
- killswitch
- ebonized fretboard
- purple strap locks
- locking hipshot 8 string tuners
- working on potentially pinstriping it but havent found the right tape yet

Cant wait

Reaction score
The guy above said he just drew it and went free hand, the guy I have making mine is making the template with the guitar. The other guy on page 23 probably did the same.

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
My GAS kicked in again today, there will be a new NGD soon enough(sadly not an ERG though). o.o

On a lighter note I have enough money on the side waiting for pegasus pickups!

Khai H8drusH

H8dstringer
Reaction score
Hi all.. noobie here. Will be an owner of a rg8L( lefty ) soon. Been following this thread for quite a bit and shld b replacing the tone pot with a killswitch, installing a pickguard, ebonizing the fretboard, swap pickups as well. :)

However, I may have missed some info within the thread. Any shop/fellow forumer whom i can contact in order to do the pickguard? Any help wld b much appreciated. Thks in advance.

TerminalFunction

Reaction score
God damn your tone is great. It's actually refreshing to hear a more thrashy sounding mix with an 8 string - and I don't even like the whole thrashy sound that much.

Got songs i can download?

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it.

No new songs up for download yet, sorry. Our last album "Measuring The Abstract" is available on iTunes, Spotify etc etc. (but we only used 7-strings on that album. ;)

CrashRG

I'm Back Bitches!
Reaction score
I've seen some Rg8's on the net that people have removed the tone pot for the stock pickups and said it cleans up the muddiness greatly. anybody done this yet instead of replacing the pickups?

')