Let the RG8 Mods begin...

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
10s in E Flat on a 27" guitar will feel like 10s in E on a 25.5" guitar - I've done the calculations, trust me.

I'd definitely swap out the pickups asap, if I/when I get one of these.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was just digging through the old photobucket today and happened upon this pic.

It was originally a sketch for somebody with an RG2228 and it got some pretty good feedback but because of the cost of the 2228 at the time, didn't end up happening. With the RG8 around, maybe it'd be more practical on one of those?

RG2228larger.png

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
I'll be listing my swirled RG8 once it's complete. :(

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the Blackouts installed...
CAM00146_zps857d3d66.jpg

CAM00148_zps58e047bf.jpg

I like some things about the Blackouts (super good sounding with gain) and some things about the modded Dimarzios (awesome cleans, especially the Petrucci style middle position single coil setting). I am seriously considering getting a white one to put the Dimarzios in. And maybe some gold hardware!

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm currently not even close to getting my RG8, but I have a question for you fellows in regard to my current plans for modding one, so I may kill my dreams now rather than getting my hopes up exponentially. :lol: So after seeing this:
SwirlJupiter.jpg

And this:

I've been so far planning on sending off my to-be RG8 to Livewire to get a "Jupiter Swirl" done. Basically my question is, would it be a frowned to get a swirl done with the same colors as in that above picture? I think it looks kickass, but I wouldn't wanna rip off anyone else's idea, (it could belong to someone on this forum for all I know).

:wavey:

Consciousness bump. :D

Khai H8drusH

H8dstringer
Reaction score
Hi all. I really do need sum advice rgdg applying the minwax to the freyboard. I tried applying the minwax onyx but the stain didnt seem to stick to the fretboard. The thing is that after applying the first coat, i immediately wipe the excess off gently BUT the stain came off as well. Arrghh..
Pls do advise. Any help is greatly appreciated.

LORD S810

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the Blackouts installed...
CAM00146_zps857d3d66.jpg

CAM00148_zps58e047bf.jpg

I like some things about the Blackouts (super good sounding with gain) and some things about the modded Dimarzios (awesome cleans, especially the Petrucci style middle position single coil setting). I am seriously considering getting a white one to put the Dimarzios in. And maybe some gold hardware!

Is that a hipshot bridge?

RadDadTV

Reaction score
So I just went through with my final mod... I think, but I installed a Lace Deathbar in the bridge, and holy shit, it sounds huge, and everything is so damn clear. I am extremely happy with my Lace purchase, and will be coming back to them in the future.. :yesway::yesway:

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    658 KB · Views: 289

RadDadTV

Reaction score
I saw that jobarnrd had been looking into making em, and I saw his prototype so I hit him up to see if he would cut me one, and he did indeed! :metal:

Reaction score
So I just went through with my final mod... I think, but I installed a Lace Deathbar in the bridge, and holy shit, it sounds huge, and everything is so damn clear. I am extremely happy with my Lace purchase, and will be coming back to them in the future.. :yesway::yesway:

Hey I was just checking out lace's website and they have a Deathbar 3.5 and a 4.0, which one did you get to fit into the RG8?
Also how was the installation? Easy, hard?

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score

you gotta make a sound clip!

obZenity

bwow-duh-da-dow
Reaction score
Just got pics back of my RG8 with the custom pickguard done. Here is a teaser shot, more pictures once I pick it up. The question is, should I get faux ivory binding or keep it how it is?

310208_170540816445542_1345387901_n.jpg

Kristianx510

Reaction score
Has anyone here taken the cover off the stock pickup and put it on a Dimarzio pickup? Kind of thinking about getting a DA8 just for the bridge when I get mine, an don't want it to look out of place. Any opinions?

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
Has anyone here taken the cover off the stock pickup and put it on a Dimarzio pickup? Kind of thinking about getting a DA8 just for the bridge when I get mine, an don't want it to look out of place. Any opinions?

I looked at it, and it looks like its all kinda super glued together or something. You'd pretty much have to ruin the stock pup to even see if it could work. Maybe someone else has already tried it though.

Latest posts

')