Let the RG8 Mods begin...

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
But... but... but I'm saving up for my HD Pro, and I promised not to give in to my undying RG8 GAS till I purchased it. :lol: Wait a couple more paychecks and when someone (hopefully) buys my amp on eBay and then I will gladly buy it.

I'd like to buy one white ASAP, especially since white is color of choice for the RG8, but I feel like buying one before the HD would be a nono, since then I wouldn't have anything to play through.

But then again I do that the greater amount of the time anyway, so maybe I will just end up buying one of them. :rofl: I have no will power apparently, but as I'm typing this playing an 8 string sounds fun and I've been wanting to try and see if I could get along with 8 strings for a while now and $320's a hell of a deal.

GUIZ I NEED HALP, I'M SPINELESS, UNDECISIVE AND HAVE NO WILL POWER.

I'm gonna shamelessly bump this because I apparently don't have the ability to make my own decisions. :ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
killswitches are easy... just wire the lugs of the switch such that one is on the hot of the output jack and one is on the ground... so...

to recap... one goes to the middle lug of your pot and the other to the back of it. pressing the button causes these two positions to touch which sends hot directly to ground thus bypassing the ENTIRE system and cutting out your sound.

cyctahoh

Reaction score
could someone measure the depth of the body & length from end to end? Looking at cases with out my guitar & I need the specs.

length 105 centimeters = 41.3385827 inches
width 12.5984252 inches
thickness 6.5 centimeters = 2.55905512 inches

cyctahoh

Reaction score
killswitches are easy... just wire the lugs of the switch such that one is on the hot of the output jack and one is on the ground... so...

to recap... one goes to the middle lug of your pot and the other to the back of it. pressing the button causes these two positions to touch which sends hot directly to ground thus bypassing the ENTIRE system and cutting out your sound.

Ah, I think I understood you now. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3uwwix3umc8o4j/kitaramodaus2.png like this?

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Yea you can do it that way. I usually use the points that the jack actually connects to on the pot and just send both my output jack and my killswitch to the same spots. :yesway:

Zhysick

Reaction score
For those who are looking for cases for the RG8 I realized that it fits into my ESP CMHFF perfectly.

Negav

Reaction score
Ok so the GAS has been restrained a bit. The white model for 320 has free shipping but it is not worldwide... 89 to bring it to my doorstep. So my option is black for 350 still gassing hard for it but...I...can't...or can I?

Reaction score
I got mine today!
After waiting 2 months for it!
I'm really digging it so far, might be swapping the pickups for deathbars though.

1011073_563429243707343_1499144289_n.jpg

5901_563427150374219_996385051_n.jpg

945929_563430663707201_2108001214_n.jpg

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
So what's a good case for these things? The SKB Bass case or the Gator XL or perhaps a really nice padded gig bag?

AlexThorpe

Reaction score
Just ordered a hipshot bridge and hipshot locking tuners. When those get here, they are going on with some DA8's. Next round after that will be electronics and a pick guard on it. Can't wait!

Also if you are going to order them, I'll throw out another recommendation for Sporthitech on ebay or their webpage. Ordered them last night, woke up to an email asking what size holes I wanted on the tuners for the lower strings, and that they'd be out tonight. Fast and good service!

Santuzzo

Reaction score
hey guys, my white RG8 came in , looks awesome, but it's got a small issue (well, not sure yet if this is a real issue):

the fretboard seems to be about 1mm thinner on the side of the 1st string compared to the side on the 8th string. I had never seen that on a guitar before, I thought the fretboard is always as thick on both sides of the neck.
Is this a common thing with the RG8?

Did you guys notice anything like that on your RG8s?

Could this lead to any issues in terms of stability or anything else?
here is the fretboard viewed from top (low strings):
4dkn.jpg

and this viewed from the bottom (high strings)
2lgv.jpg

Zhysick

Reaction score
Mine the whole neck is thinner in the higher strings side than the other... but in the fretboard, the back of the neck is symmetrical... But it plays sooooo great so it don't bother me :)

And I repeat again:

ESP Hardcase model CMHFF its perfect for this guitar :)

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
length 105 centimeters = 41.3385827 inches
width 12.5984252 inches
thickness 6.5 centimeters = 2.55905512 inches

hey, could you double check the numbers for me? i want my guitar to fit the case perfectly in inches, but i dont think you have enough numbers after the decimal point to give a truly accurate messurement :rolleyes: :lol:

Santuzzo

Reaction score
did any of you guys notice on their RG8 the fretboard being thinner on the treble side than on the bass side?
just trying to figure out whether this is a production defect or if it's supposed to be like that.

channie

Reaction score
Slapped some Curt Manga 0.84 Strings on my RG 8 today , it sounds SO MUCH better.

993511_10151468821419080_1728420899_n.jpg

Take note :
#1 u need to file your tunning peg slot.
#2 ur nut slot.
#3 and the string slot at the bottom of your guitar.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
did any of you guys notice on their RG8 the fretboard being thinner on the treble side than on the bass side?
just trying to figure out whether this is a production defect or if it's supposed to be like that.

Could some of you guys check on their RG8 if there is something like this going on on theirs as well? I'd appreciate that:yesway:

')