Lets consider the options possible

• Thread starter Prog_Freak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prog_Freak

Reaction score
Verbal Manure was posted her, so forget the topic and have a few Beers/Cigarettes/Drinks and just laugh off today !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
K, what? You may want to go back and do a LOT of editing on that post to get it to resemble English because right now I've got barely any idea what you're saying.

Are you saying...

...we should give people "budget-friendly" suggestions below an arbitrary (fairly high) price point of $1,500, and then higher-end suggestions over that?

...that we give people suggestions within their budget?

...that we should assume what budgets people have?

#2 I'll cross off right away because that's already done for the most part. Someone comes in and says "I want a 7 string with specs x and y for $1000 or less" and they're mostly going to get suggestions for exactly that.

#3 is just a terrible idea. It's entirely on the person asking for help to specify what their budget is otherwise an unlimited budget is assumed.

#1 doesn't even make sense. Where do you draw the line? How many situations would that actually be helpful in? You'd have to pick another arbitrary number for every type of product as well - a $1,500 multieffects pedal is going to be in a whole different class than a $1,500 amp or a $1,500 production guitar.

No, our current "system" works as well as any could. Person comes in, says "I want this, I have this much" and people suggest things around their specified price point.

Mike

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't get it either. This really sounds like uneducated moms trying to communicate a complex idea via facebook post.

I think the way suggestions are requested here work perfectly fine and again as stated before, it's OP's responsibility to set the guidelines for their request. If they fail to do that, sooner or later, people responding to the post almost always ask what price range? what size/color? active or passive? neck through or bolt-on? etc. etc.

edit: woo post 1234

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Quiet a very large majority of people on this forum are buying, using and referring some better quality and unfortunately higher priced stuff.

You've made an assumption that is incorrect. A lot of people do have expensive stuff, and just as many, or more, have "budget", "cheap" "shi-fordable" gear and get by just fine with that. Tons of discussions about very reasonable cost bang-for-your-buck kinds of gear if you look for it. And lots of praise for entry level stuff that sounds great for what you put into it.

Prog_Freak

Reaction score
Ok I get the message loud and clear. It was just a thought, the last few posts I seen, the OP never mentioned price range then after 15 replies mentions their budget.
So it was a FREAKING HORRIBLE idea... That's cool, I just made a mistake in assumptions.

Also sorry for the "Goo Goo Gaga" speak. I've ran into forums where only 7% had a IQ that did NOT equal their shoe size, so I don't know if I'm going to get educated readers or mouth breathing "droolies".

KristapsCoCoo

Reaction score
Ok I get the message loud and clear. It was just a thought, the last few posts I seen, the OP never mentioned price range then after 15 replies mentions their budget.
So it was a FREAKING HORRIBLE idea... That's cool, I just made a mistake in assumptions.

Also sorry for the "Goo Goo Gaga" speak. I've ran into forums where only 7% had a IQ that did NOT equal their shoe size, so I don't know if I'm going to get educated readers or mouth breathing "droolies".

Dude stop with the quotation marks!
And I don't want to be rude, but judging by your posts, you're either very bored and want to rant about anything or you're trolling really hard... :rolleyes:

Prog_Freak

Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble but I'M NOT TROLLING. I just seen a few posts where the OP didn't give all the information. THAT IS ALL.
If YOU get the impression that I'm doing nothing but trolling, don't read the posts. Problem solved

Prog_Freak

Reaction score
It's just simply better to write this day off. Yes I've probably worded my posts wrong, so like no one else has ever ?? Just have few drinks and laugh the day off, I know I am

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Ok I get the message loud and clear.

We don't though....

I'm officially confused. Your original post was entirely incomprehensible. Not a clue in the world what you were trying to say, outside of the fact that some people have expensive gear and some don't. Maybe start over and rephrase what you were trying to get across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')