Let's discuss Iron Maiden

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Note: I'm loaded.

- Seventh Son is the last real Maiden album. Nothing against the newer shit (anything with Blayze Bailey doesn't count), but 7th Son is the last real album.

- Roy Z needs to replace Janick Gers. Maybe Adrian Smith too. Adrian rules, and he has played some timeless shit, but let's not forget "ASAP: Silver and Gold".

- Bruce Dickinson is fucking untouchable as a metal vocalist. The only person that I can think of who comes close is Rob Halford, but Rob Halford was in Fight, and Fight sucked. Resurrection owned, however, so we'll give him a break, because Bruce also covered "All the Young Dudes", and if we can forgive that, we'll forgive Rob for everything Fight did.

- Roy Z needs to be in Maiden. He needs to produce, play and engineer everything. He fucking rules. He's the moden Maiden sound. I'll always appreciate old Maiden, but Roy is the only guy on earth that gets it. He picked up the torch. If Maiden never aged past 25, they'd sound like Roy Z.

- Dickinson. Leather. Spikes. Foot up on a monitor. That's metal, kids. Everything else was born the day Bruce first put his leather-clad boot on some shitty speaker in a club in some nondescript London club. He can be 90 years old and he'll still be Bruce Fucking Dickinson. The greatest metal vocalist and showman of all time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Roy Z > All. Roy Z would could probably play Janick and Adrian's parts while playing bass and producing Rob Halford's next album. At the same time.

All these points are Science Fact.

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
Agree, and 7th son is questionable. That album for me marked the downfall of metal. There is some good shit there,,,but it wasn't Peice of mind, or powerslave. Janick simply needs to go, I think Adrian and Dave will do just fine. I get the feeling that Janick was on the soccer team and was just invited to join on that reason alone. Who is Roy Z?

~A

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Allen Garrow said:
Agree, and 7th son is questionable. That album for me marked the downfall of metal. There is some good shit there,,,but it wasn't Peice of mind, or powerslave. Janick simply needs to go, I think Adrian and Dave will do just fine. I get the feeling that Janick was on the soccer team and was just invited to join on that reason alone. Who is Roy Z?

~A

Janick wasn't on Seventh Son.

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
Chris said:
Janick wasn't on Seventh Son.

Yeah I know Janick wasn't on 7th son,,,,I was just stating a time line on the slipping of maiden. Janick was just sort of insult to injury for me.

~A

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Allen Garrow said:
Yeah I know Janick wasn't on 7th son,,,,I was just stating a time line on the slipping of maiden. Janick was just sort of insult to injury for me.

~A

I'm with you there, but disagree on the other point. Moonchild, Can I play with Madness. Come on - that's maiden in high-gear.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chris said:

- Seventh Son is the last real Maiden album. Nothing against the newer shit (anything with Blayze Bailey doesn't count), but 7th Son is the last real album.

- Roy Z needs to replace Janick Gers. Maybe Adrian Smith too. Adrian rules, and he has played some timeless shit, but let's not forget "ASAP: Silver and Gold".

- Bruce Dickinson is fucking untouchable as a metal vocalist. The only person that I can think of who comes close is Rob Halford, but Rob Halford was in Fight, and Fight sucked. Resurrection owned, however, so we'll give him a break, because Bruce also covered "All the Young Dudes", and if we can forgive that, we'll forgive Rob for everything Fight did.

- Roy Z needs to be in Maiden. He needs to produce, play and engineer everything. He fucking rules. He's the moden Maiden sound. I'll always appreciate old Maiden, but Roy is the only guy on earth that gets it. He picked up the torch. If Maiden never aged past 25, they'd sound like Roy Z.

- Dickinson. Leather. Spikes. Foot up on a monitor. That's metal, kids. Everything else was born the day Bruce first put his leather-clad boot on some shitty speaker in a club in some nondescript London club. He can be 90 years old and he'll still be Bruce Fucking Dickinson. The greatest metal vocalist and showman of all time.

Note: I just spent 2 hours putting together a movie, and I'm not loaded. Where's the beer?

Maiden does in fact rule, and Dickinson is the epitome of the perfect metal vocalist.

Don't know about his showmanship being the greatest, though. The best I've ever seen was Marilyn Manson. I should see Maiden once in my life to see what I'm missing.

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
Well,,,maybe Moonchild, but you gotta admit the dynamics of the bands ability to write great songs like anything on Peice of mind or powerslave not to mention number of the beast. Those were the days of metal genius, they maiden was like Folk metal. The "mojo" was fading 7th son.

~A

Somewhere in time took Maiden on a different direction, there were some great songs on that album as well, but I could feel the chemistry fading. I remember when I would get all giddy listening to a maiden album the first time, and then getting all excited upon hearing of a new release. Those days are gone, actually those days are gone for alot of music anymore. Do you remember the album covers? I remember staring at the album art for hours, trying to find something hidden Derick Riggs was a genius! I think his last art work for maiden was on the 7th son. Do you remember the symbol he used?

~A

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
.jason. said:
umm..erm i don't listen to Iron Maiden?? *ducks for cover*
I'm right there with you. The only album I ever bought from the was Seventh Son. They have some good stuff, but I just couldn't get into them to much.

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
09.jpg

Chris did you like Maiden with Paul DiAnno? Iron Maiden and Killers kicked ass!

~A

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Donnie said:
I'm right there with you. The only album I ever bought from the was Seventh Son. They have some good stuff, but I just couldn't get into them to much.

yeha i have heard the normal stuff "The trooper" "run for the hills" but thats about it

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
I think Chris passed out! LOL,,,,, It's 01:52 CT for me,,,so it's like almost 3:00 at Chris's house...... Passed out on the floor with a maiden album stuck to his face and a finger up in the air!

~A

skyclad

Reaction score
Chris said:

- Seventh Son is the last real Maiden album.

I'd rather say - best Iron Maiden album... IMO.

Nothing against the newer shit (anything with Blayze Bailey doesn't count),

Is it Iron Maiden? :lol: Anyway, I like X-factor. As a side project. Blaze vocal is weak, but music ideas is good, though not outstanding. Virtual Xi is pure impossible to listen boring shit.

Bruce also covered "All the Young Dudes",

Much better than other cover versions of the above song. I like it

Roy Z needs to be in Maiden. He needs to produce, play and engineer everything.
He is good at mixing.

Dickinson...

still got the problems with his head. :lol: falling down from the stage was rude for him. His last solo album is something close to Virtual Xi, and his last real good solo album was almost 10 years ago from now. IMO, last 2 albums of Dickinson is very close to last IM albums - with no gasoline in their blood anymore... Game over?

p.s.
Iron Maiden and Killers kicked ass!
Yeah! :shred:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Note - I'm fucking hammered, too/. :agreed: Hammered.

Ok, so 7th Son is deemed true as fuck, I'm with you Chris. That shit is the last great IM albumm, no doubt.

But replace Adrian Smith? What the fuck, dude? Are you fcking kidding me? Deemed uber-false. Watch the douchebaggery, bro. :lol:

:wub: Fucking irishman.

Holy fuck! It's 59 degrees out!!! :happy:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Seventh Son is supreme, and the pinacle of Maiden's entire career. Always shall be.

BUT...I have no problem with the newer stuff...Brave New World was a great album, and seemed more of a continuation of the style the developed on SS than the stuff that came in the meantime.
I have no problem with Janick either. While he's not especially original, he's a decent enough player, and has certainly pulled his weight on the albums he's played on.

Roy Z's work with Bruce was great, especially the Chemical Wedding, but I'm not sure I could see him slotting into Maiden's format. The Chemical Wedding was great, just because it was different to Maiden, who at the time were kinda going in circles.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Note - I'm fucking hammered, too/. :agreed: Hammered.

Ok, so 7th Son is deemed true as fuck, I'm with you Chris. That shit is the last great IM albumm, no doubt.

But replace Adrian Smith? What the fuck, dude? Are you fcking kidding me? Deemed uber-false. Watch the douchebaggery, bro. :lol:

:wub: Fucking irishman.

Holy fuck! It's 59 degrees out!!! :happy:

+1

No One Will Replace Adrian Smith. No Adrian = No Maiden. They've proved this. If anyone has to go, it's Janick with his wankery, but even then..... :nono:

I happen to like Brave New World, and Dance Of Death. Live they still fucking own 90% of all metal bands.

')