Let's discuss Iron Maiden

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skyclad

Reaction score
Yeah...

p.s. I just listened Doble CD of Bruce Dickinson with B-sides (UK edition, 2005), it is much better, than his Tyranny for ears.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rogue

metal is forever
Reaction score
ok so the new album, pretty good, not amazing but im quite impressed, feels really different to the other recent stuff though. but these colours dont run, now that a kick ass song.

2powern

Maiden England
Reaction score
I love Brave New World and Dance Of Death.

Powerslave was their peak (IMO) simply for the title-track.

There's no way Roy Z would fit into Maiden, and what's this about Yanick's wankery?

X Factor was too "gothic" for me, I much preferred Virtual XI, but Bruce sounds better singing those songs than Blaze does.:2c:

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A chain of CD stores here has been selling the Maiden back catalogue for $10 a pop here so I bought a few albums, I'm sure I'll regret it.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
New one is very cool, interesting that they didn't have in mastered, though that could change. It's definitely a pretty progressive album, IMO at least.

rogue

metal is forever
Reaction score
yeah it is its really going somewhere. you know on the first track, what does that guy shout before the riff comes in

ts73

Reaction score
Toshiro said:
Maybe I'm just a fanboy, but at least Maiden still sounds like Maiden, which a lot of older bands can't pull off.

I agree. The newer albums might not be as great as the older ones, but they are still good albums, and they give me the same vibe I get when I listen to Seventh Son, or Somewhere in Time (the latter is, coincidently, the first metal album I've heard :hbang: ).
While I don't have a beef with Jannik, I do think they just kept him after Adrian's return because they didn't want to be assholes... he really is not necessary. But Adrian? No way, nobody replaces Adrian.

but at the same time, it's not very fair to compare them to albums that are already considered classics.

Cyberi4n said:
Times ARE changing, and rock music by its very definition is designed to be disposable "here today gone tomorrow" - "hope I Die before I get old" sums it up nicely I think! There's no reason why you cant buy Marilyn manson or Korn and listen to it back to back with maiden, that is unless you're one of these old-timers stuck in their ways.........:lol:

That's just silly.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
This thread is bullshit...I've been a fan since the 80's, while most fo you were still on the tat! What's the point anyway, Janicks' not going anywhere, Roy Z will never play in Iron Maiden, Adrian blows Roy Z away on guitar BTW and Bruce will never wear leather, studs and spandex again...oh and to say that Seventh Son was the last greatest album, well sorry to say... WRONG!

ts73 said:
I agree. The newer albums might not be as great as the older ones, but they are still good albums, and they give me the same vibe I get when I listen to Seventh Son, or Somewhere in Time (the latter is, coincidently, the first metal album I've heard :hbang: ).
While I don't have a beef with Jannik, I do think they just kept him after Adrian's return because they didn't want to be assholes... he really is not necessary. But Adrian? No way, nobody replaces Adrian.

but at the same time, it's not very fair to compare them to albums that are already considered classics.

That's just silly.

Double bull, Jannick writes some of Maidens most epic tunes, and his style of soloing, is what it is...does Jannick sound like anyone out there? NO...but I can name tons of guitar players who sound like a bunch of other guitar players. Janick is original.

')