Lets hope Chapman can cut the mustard here on SSO! (preorderd the ML-7)

• Thread starter Les
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
Awesome, that means the only supplier in my province will have it for $850 bare minimum.

I don't think Rob Chapman would choose a dealer who would do that. Part of the entire lure of his line up is the price. He does several things to keep costs down while still providing a quality instrument. You might try emailing him for details on how you could acquire one.

EDIT: Dude check his YouTube channel, there are 3 dealers in Canada now. I'm sure shipping will be reasonable.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck4FGNZ6_dQ

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this. I really wonder if they are as good as they look?

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this. I really wonder if they are as good as they look?

There are many videos about the Chapman line up, this is his first 7 string though. Well there is the super strat type and tele type ML-7. The first ML-1 came out in 2009/10 I believe. They seem to sound great and be well built. Have yet to see one in person. There is also lots of NAMM 2014 footage of the Chapman booth. Worth a look for sure. The Tone King (YouTube also) does a review as well of a couple models.

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
Damn these things are cheap, do they outplay their competitors within that price range?

My understanding is that you get name brand hardware, quality construction as well as fit and finish, and options that are selected by voting of the public. So if we want a flamed maple top, we can vote. Or ebony vs rosewood vs maple fretboard. Hardtail or Floating trem. Finish or natural.

He also revealed in a youtube video that at the factory where these are made, the companies that call certain things "upgrades" and charge more, actually don't cost any more to manufacture. The Chappers passes that savings on. He also doesn't use distributors. So its factory direct to dealer.

So these guitars were built the way they are for the "people". You can vote on the current ML-3 right now which will be the newest in the Chapman line up. All in all i think hes doing a real neat thing here. Giving people what they want by asking, "hey, whaddya guys want?".

And remember, this would have been launched along side Keith Merrow too, but he was approached by Schecter right at the end of development. Keep in mind, the quality should be on par with Schecter, they are made in the same factory and the Chappers I believe has a good handle on the quality control.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I can't afford that sucker any time soon, but I'll definitely be looking for one around the end of the year.

TuffyKohler

sawdust generator
Reaction score
jumped on the bandwagon. Pre-ordered an ML-1. Wanted a HotRod. List is full for those, still a few spots on the pre-order list for the first batch of 7's at Flipside.

I'll see how this goes, then see about a 7.

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
jumped on the bandwagon. Pre-ordered an ML-1. Wanted a HotRod. List is full for those, still a few spots on the pre-order list for the first batch of 7's at Flipside.

I'll see how this goes, then see about a 7.

Rob Chapman apparently bought the remaining pickup stock from Seymour Duncan for those. Killer pickup (Seymour Duncan TB4 JB Trembucker). Maybe try contacting Andertons, or maybe you'll get lucky and someone will back out of their Hot Rod order!

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
If that Denver place is for real, then 100 down and 825 for the one I want is a bargain (they said june to july....plenty of time to save the coin for final delivery)

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
If that Denver place is for real, then 100 down and 825 for the one I want is a bargain (they said june to july....plenty of time to save the coin for final delivery)

It seems like the last batch of people who ordered them from Andertons are receiving them, and now Rob is encouraging people to buy from the new dealers. Considering he picked up most of them just after NAMM 2014, and we will be getting guitars around 4 months later, id say thats pretty good. I know of a couple of deals involving new dealers of products that took more than a year!

stevexc

Reaction score
I don't think Rob Chapman would choose a dealer who would do that. Part of the entire lure of his line up is the price. He does several things to keep costs down while still providing a quality instrument. You might try emailing him for details on how you could acquire one.

EDIT: Dude check his YouTube channel, there are 3 dealers in Canada now. I'm sure shipping will be reasonable.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck4FGNZ6_dQ

I'm having trouble finding the other 2, unless you meant the 3 Guitarworks locations - Hopefully they won't price them too high, but the cynic in me expects them to based off of past experiences. Everything they sell seemed to be 10-20% higher than anywhere else.

I would be in absolute heaven if AXE or L&M started carrying Chapman, though. I've always had good experiences at both (little biased towards AXE, I only worked there for ~3.5 years).

That said, if they're reasonably priced at Guitarworks, I may end up gunning for one - if my GAS can hold out that long, haha. My buddy called the other day and was told 4-6 weeks before they show up and can give out prices.

hanachanmaru

Reaction score
just wonder if the ML7 is a satin body or its thinly lacquered ? any options available? ie a wenge neck ? or if we prefer to have a lacquered body ?

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
He also revealed in a youtube video that at the factory where these are made, the companies that call certain things "upgrades" and charge more, actually don't cost any more to manufacture. The Chappers passes that savings on. He also doesn't use distributors. So its factory direct to dealer.

I have a little tiny sprout of a memory of that too. Do you remember in which video he said it?

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I like that 12th fret inlay... And actually that's one of the few teles I look at and enjoy. Something about the more traditional ones really just doesn't tickle my fancy...

hanachanmaru

Reaction score
Made in Korea, meant to be nothing but a barebones workhorse guitar, $700 price tag. I think you can do the math from there.

sharks.... its almost sexy as hell with all the specs being nailed down i think its thick than any schecters ? neck and body? if only they have an option with an upcharge for a lacquered body... barebones is not going to last well...

Neilzord

.Metal.
Reaction score
I thought these looked awesome! .... Would be 100x more attractive with black hardware though IMO haha

Latest posts

')