Let's talk about baritone sixes

• Thread starter Ed_Ibanez_Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Primitive Guitarist

Mastering Mastering
Reaction score
I'm gasing hard for a Baritone backtop tele
Played a few of them and they are real good value for money (about $950NZD over here)
Strung B through b and sounded tasty as

mitchybang

Reaction score
I just scored a MINT MMM1 on eBay last night! Those things are becoming more and more impossible to find in mint condition.

Roland777

Reaction score
I just scored a MINT MMM1 on eBay last night! Those things are becoming more and more impossible to find in mint condition.

1lMJa.gif

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Damn, I played a show about a year and a half ago and the guitarist/singer of another band was using an MMM1 that looked to be in great shape and fully stock and I didn't even think to ask him about it or to try it out since I had no idea what those things were all about at the time :(

Really wish I could try one out since I've liked the PRS Mushok's that I've tried and I imagine the Ibanez would be even better

Aghasura

Reaction score
Hope not to hijack, but anybody have any good suggestions for a 27" scale production guitar with a fairly flat radius and low, fixed bridge? preferably something that looks a bit vintage. I dig the blacktop tele, but it's got a fairly small radius (9.5). I'd like at least a 14.

mitchybang

Reaction score
Damn, I played a show about a year and a half ago and the guitarist/singer of another band was using an MMM1 that looked to be in great shape and fully stock and I didn't even think to ask him about it or to try it out since I had no idea what those things were all about at the time :(

Really wish I could try one out since I've liked the PRS Mushok's that I've tried and I imagine the Ibanez would be even better

Seriously! If you see one, pounce on it! The Ibanez is so much more guitar than the PRS.

Danno

Reaction score
I recently picked up an MMM1 for £350! Rather pleased with the result, it's a little beat up but nothing obvious. Got a set of Lace Dirty Heshers to put in it and turn it into a doom machine.

ceiling_fan

Reaction score
I love my Agile Harm 1 with 30 inch scale. Right now I have it tuned to G Standard with D'addario Chromes flatwound 7 string set (top string left out, so 15-65.) I need thicker strings to go lower or Drop F. Also kind of funny how all the strings are wound but the thinnest. Flatwound strings are awesome on a baritone, but not very "metal", I have other guitars for that ;)

It's such a cool guitar for being so cheap ($379 from Rondomusic)

Aghasura

Reaction score
I was using 65s for Bb standard on a 25.5" guitar, and honestly, it was just too muddy for my tastes. 27" has been super nice.

LeAdEr

Reaction score
I recently picked up an MMM1 for £350! Rather pleased with the result, it's a little beat up but nothing obvious. Got a set of Lace Dirty Heshers to put in it and turn it into a doom machine.

That´s really cheap. I payed around 600€ for mine, some scratches and stuff. But ,to be honest, i would do it again. This guitar is totally worth it.

At the moment i use 14-70 on standard B but i might use 13-72 Ernie Balls in the Future. I always play some thicker strings, 11-54 on standard E, 11-56 on Drop D and Stuff like that.

Latest posts

')