Let's talk about how much Ulcerate rules

• Thread starter Meldville
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
edit: I'm just going to retract my entire post, because the first song gave me a completely false impression of the band.

Meldville

THE DOCTOR OF DOOM
Reaction score
Glad some folks here are digging it! I laid in bed drunk as piss last night listening to this band just air guitaring hard as fuck :lol:

jamesboyd

Lord Boyd
Reaction score
super talented guys from my country yay :agreed:

smarts + machine like determination to write superior death metal = ulcerate.

I hear they're planning on moving overseas (most likely europe) so you brits/americans may get to see them one day (amazing live)

butcheredatbirt

Reaction score
Fantastic band and their new cd is great. They really pull off the dark and ambient yet brutal and dissonance thing very well. The last part of Everything Is Fire is simply crushing. Anyone listen to Of Fracture And Failure? If you liked EIF I'd recommend it.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
There were a few threads on this band I could Necro, but I liked the title of this one best.

How many here have heard the new track, Dead Oceans?

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
holy shit balls, thanks for that. I just got "Everything Is Fire" a little bit ago, love the shit out of that album. Definitely looking forward to this if the previous album is anything to go by. :yesway:

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
"Everything is Fire" was the metal album of 2009 as far as I'm concerned and unless Luc Lemay has something to say in 2011, "The Destroyers of All" will probably be AOTY material as well.

veshly

Reaction score
I literally got chills the first time I listened to EiF, somewhere along the second song.
Fucking awesome band. Love the atonal/dissonant melodies, cool rhythms, counterpoint, their progressions through songs. Everything just sounds perfect and massive on the cd.

Caecus is my favorite off of EiF for sure. That huge progression that ends with the heaviest riff ever at the end, so fucking awesome.

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
Really does remind me of Gorguts.
Thanks for the link, I was expecting another one of those supposed to be "brutal" wankery bands, but this one was a positive surprise!

Vocals remind me of Immolation :)

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
band is absolutely amazing.... OFAF was violent as fuuuck and EiF just crushed you with that huuuge atmosphere... surely destroyers of all will own, i have no doubts...

this is one band that certainly keeps making death metal interesting

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Btw. "Destroyers Of All" has to be one the most descriptive album titles since "Songs About Fucking Up" and "Love Songs For The Retarded".

')