Lets talk about the ibanez rga121

• Thread starter mystix
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
.Both RGA121s I've played fondly stand out as some of the best guitars I have ever played but I will never own one at this point. I just can't justify buying a used guitar that costs more than it did new :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Underworld

Reaction score
Given all the internet hype behind the guitar nowadays, it isn't surprising.

Same thing happened with CBS-era Fenders and Norlin-era Gibsons. You couldn't pay to give them away back in the day. Now, you can sell a '79 Strat for $1500 and a Norlin LPC for $2500.

*cough*blackmachine*cough*

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
installing Black Winter bridge. review coming up soon

Dentom79

Reaction score
So I got my Bareknuckle Nailbombs last week, they really surpassed my expectation sound-wise and build-wise.
As expected, we did have to cut the mounting feet to fit the very narrow pickup routing of the RGA121. And we also had to slightly dent the corners on the backside of the pickups in order for them to fit.

But the end-result is spectacular:
DSC_0015da2f1.jpg

DSC_002765ee9.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_00204bcc2.jpg

And the whole family hanging together:
DSC_0036b49ee.jpg

Sound-wise it fixes everything the stock V7-V8 pickups lacked. The low-end is very defined and with a lot of oomph. and the high-end is clear without being brittle. I know that sounds very cliche. but it's just that good.

Oh and I also changed the cheap replacement strap buttons to the original Cosmo Black ones!

demorior

Reaction score
Just got my second RGA121 from gatesofcarnage.
Thanks again!

Going to stain the one on the right. Purple maybe?

4kjGqcY.jpg

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
Finally got my guitar back with Blackwinter Bridge! I only played for 20 mins but man am I glad the stock bridge pickup has been replaced! It sounds a lot fuller and more aggressive.

11849186_110003152689467_1961041124_n.jpg

p.s wish all of you spectators all the best! hopefully the price will go down and more people can afford RGA 121... better yet Ibanez to reissue it. It might be unlikely but one can only wish.

gatesofcarnage

The Canada
Reaction score
Just got my second RGA121 from gatesofcarnage.
Thanks again!

Going to stain the one on the right. Purple maybe?

4kjGqcY.jpg

Glad to see she made it safe! Great guitar, just never quite bonded with it, your S should be on my doorstep tomorrow!

mbardu

Reaction score

Enter Paradox

Reaction score
Refinished the TKF into tung oil flat. Alpha and Omega. Best sounding RGA out of 3, second best playing after my CDR (DiMarzio Evos). VLF now awaits new pup - Lundgrens maybe ??

k7rkm493td.jpg

DarkNe0

Reaction score
Alright, so I've got my eyes on an RGA321F SPB and wanted to ask you guys how it compares to a JP6 BFR and also on how it holds its own.

The RGA is selling for $1200 with an SD Custom 5/Jazz combination and I've got a deal on a BFR for $1500. If the difference is huge in quality between those two I'd rather pay $300 extra but I've been GASing so hard for an RGA and wanted to here from someone who's got more experience!

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
Alright, so I've got my eyes on an RGA321F SPB and wanted to ask you guys how it compares to a JP6 BFR and also on how it holds its own.

The RGA is selling for $1200 with an SD Custom 5/Jazz combination and I've got a deal on a BFR for $1500. If the difference is huge in quality between those two I'd rather pay $300 extra but I've been GASing so hard for an RGA and wanted to here from someone who's got more experience!

I own both RGA121 and EBMM JP6. Both of them are great guitars but JP6's neck is very very thin to the point I can't play for too long.

nicktao

Reaction score
Go for the BFR if it's that cheap. The RGA is way overpriced.

')