Let's Talk Humidity

devastone

Reaction score
Same here. I used him for one of my guitars that developed a case of fret sprout. He did a great job.
If you work close by, you might just stop in and say hello. He and his partner are fun to chat with.

Good to know. I just ordered a MusicNomad fret end file to fix some fret sprout on an EVH Frankie. I was going to be lazy and let someone else do it, but I got a quote in Longmont and decided I could spend some time doing it myself in front of the TV.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

devastone

Reaction score
I moved from FL to CO for 2 years and then back to TN. I never had an issue with that extremely drastic humidity change but I'm sure it can happen. Guitar builders should be using dried and stable woods right? Maybe I am over simplifying guitar building and I apologize if that's the case.
I grew up in Kingsport, then move to Raleigh after college and lived there for 12 years before moving to CO. It is definitely drier here, so far the only "damage" I've had is some binding cracking on an old US made Ovation Balladeer that was easily glued back down. I did work in a "used gear" music store in Denver for a while, and we did get in a lot of acoustics with cracked tops.

DoctorStoner

θάλλ
Reaction score
I grew up in Kingsport, then move to Raleigh after college and lived there for 12 years before moving to CO. It is definitely drier here, so far the only "damage" I've had is some binding cracking on an old US made Ovation Balladeer that was easily glued back down. I did work in a "used gear" music store in Denver for a while, and we did get in a lot of acoustics with cracked tops.
I hope it was Gravity on Federal. That place was the bomb.

')