Let's vote for your favourite amp reissue!!!

• Thread starter Kosthrash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
I wonder if the rumors of an Adam Jones sig rev F/G Dual Recto ends up being true. But from what I can tell he stopped using Rectos recently, a least on your.

There does seem to be some kinda 2 channel Recto in the works though?
I'll be honest, I won't even be marginally tempted to buy one. I'll just wait like an eager kid on Christmas Eve for the Fractal model 😂

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mesa's V-twin tube preamp pedal was really cool, wonder why they stopped production, it'd be very interesting a reissue with some modern additions like CabClone ir simulator & usb connectivity perhaps ( likewise Friedman's Ir-x pedal)...

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Bugera.

b210f014-8da7-4514-a3c7-bc4fdd0d8324-large16x9_21.jpg

Shask

Reaction score
I love rack gear. I only have a Helix, but to me, it's so much more efficient than the alternative. If life stopped getting the way, I'd have built out a nice rack by now.

Who doesn't like a nice rack?
I love rack stuff too, but it gets really hard when nothing is really made anymore. All the cool stuff is pedals these days, and if you get rack stuff, it is normally 30 years old.

Sometimes I stare at my 10 spaces of rack stuff, then look at my FM3, and just shake my head, lol.

Shask

Reaction score
Again, the most powerful modeler nowadays (Axefx 3) is in rack format.
Yes, the Axe is rackmount, but it really isn't a unit that focuses on being an effects unit. It replaces everything. It is really huge to only be used as an effects unit, and lacks features such as an analog dry-through, which is helpful to integrate into a tube rig.

I mean something like the Eventide H90 or TC Electronic Plethora X5. Units like that in a rack format, with features such as amp switching jacks and analog dry-through. Those types of units dont exist anymore. I would love to see a modernized Rocktron Replifex.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Peavey Ultra but with Pres/Res and seperate EQ's. I been meaning to get that done to mine, but now it needs a recap I think. It crackles randomly and I've rolled all the tubes. It was my crutch map but now its in a closet in a spare bedroom. Plus my RM100 needing the power section recapped too. And 3 cars that all need things :oops:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Peavey Ultra but with Pres/Res and seperate EQ's. I been meaning to get that done to mine, but now it needs a recap I think. It crackles randomly and I've rolled all the tubes. It was my crutch map but now its in a closet in a spare bedroom. Plus my RM100 needing the power section recapped too. And 3 cars that all need things :oops:
With how insanely tight and midrangey the Ultra(Plus) can sound with the boost on, that amp really was ahead of it's time lol. Like if Peavey did things backwards and released the XXX in 1995 to go against the SLO and Recto, and then released the Ultra Plus in 2003/2004 when everyone was starting to do the super-tight Metalcore thing, the Ultra Plus would have fucking thrived. I find it amazing the amp was discontinued like a year or two before boosted Recto/5150 tones REALLY took over

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
With how insanely tight and midrangey the Ultra(Plus) can sound with the boost on, that amp really was ahead of it's time lol. Like if Peavey did things backwards and released the XXX in 1995 to go against the SLO and Recto, and then released the Ultra Plus in 2003/2004 when everyone was starting to do the super-tight Metalcore thing, the Ultra Plus would have fucking thrived. I find it amazing the amp was discontinued like a year or two before boosted Recto/5150 tones REALLY took over
I've got the OG teal stripe. That clean channel will not dirty up. Lived on the crunch channel, boost on (no clean boost mostly). None tighter for drop A/G 7 string stuff. Like the EVH 50W Red channel. I really gotta get that thing looked at, but life 💩. I never got on with the Ultra channel till I figured out to leave the boost off. It disappears in the mix with it on. With it off it has this real unboosted recto meets 800 kinda thing going on. With the MXR CMBAO or OD808 it shined on 6 string stuff. When I had my EVH running stereo with it I would pair the Blue channel boosted. GOOD LORD!

')