LFR gets bitch slapped...

• Thread starter heffergm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

heffergm

Reaction score
My DC727 got the tremol-no smackdown tonight. No time for an epic (or even interesting) picstory. In fact, I got finished and realized I'd forgotten to take pics of the actual tremol-no being installed.

But in any event, I've now got a hardtail DC727. Not quite what I'd envisioned, but it's my first and only hardtail, so having something different around is appealing. Plus it stays in tune, which never hurts.

Gratuitous glamor shots for your pleasure:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wlminter

Not a mod
Reaction score
Now, I'm not an expert on the termol-no system, but are you using a chunk of cardboard to block the trem? If so, +7 to you!

heffergm

Reaction score
The cardboard's just there to keep the trem bottoming out on the body of the guitar while I'm doing the tremol-no install...

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
im so nominating this for guitar of the month next month, every time i see that quilt :yum: makes me gas hard for a carvin

heffergm

Reaction score
Goddamn, the LFR on Carvins is inexcusably ugly.

Thats a mind blowingly pretty guitar dude! :holy:

Yeah, it's not the best looking trem. But if I'm going to leave it locked down, I can't really justify bothering with an OFR, although it's still somewhat tempting.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Your guitar is just pure class dude :drool:

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
1. that guitar is pure secks

2. the picstory is a phailur

speedy1

Reaction score
I just ordered a hardtail DC727 about 10 days ago...:hbang:

I'm curious-- why did you not keep it as a floating trem? I know your guitar didn't have a locknut, did it have trouble staying in tune?

heffergm

Reaction score
I just ordered a hardtail DC727 about 10 days ago...:hbang:

I'm curious-- why did you not keep it as a floating trem? I know your guitar didn't have a locknut, did it have trouble staying in tune?

A bit, although take that with a grain of salt. My ears bleed if I'm off a few cents.

That said, I'm not quite sure if I'm going to stick with the tremol-no being locked down. For some reason, I'm getting a ton of resonance through the bridge, and it's really hard to keep the strings muted (like beyond what I'd consider normal).

EDIT: at this point I'm sick of mucking around with it, so I've decided to just leave it in hardtail mode. Dropping the pickups down a bit helped actually, and it sounds a lot less treble-y which is an added bonus.

')