Limited time offer (11/30/06): KxK Superstrat 7-string for $999

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
By the way, Rob said he can extend the lower cutout to make fret access easier on the 27-fret guitars. I'm waiting to get a drawing from him of what mine will look like.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
You need more access than it already has? :eek:

For 27 frets, yeah. The fretboard will extend down further into the body, and the last two or three frets would be more difficult to reach, as 23-24 are on the Schecter Blackjack. The bottom cutaway should end at the last fret, and it will do so on my guitar, unless some kind of construction issue pops up or something.

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
Ok, so I just got off the horn with Rob and I am in on this shiz. Paid.

Specs:
Model: KxK Superstrat
Colour: Opaque Purple w/ Matching Headstock +200
Body: Mahogany
Neck: Neck-Thru-Body Quartersawn Maple
Neck Finish: Tung Oil +100
Neck Dimensions: KxK Prototype Profile
Headstock Type: KxK 734
Tuning Machines: Sperzel Locking Tuners
Fingerboard: Ebony
No. of Frets: 27 Jim Dunlop® 6000 Extra Jumbo Frets +80
Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® 59™ SH-1(N) Humbucking Pickup
(Yes, A neck wound pickup)
Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
Bridge: Recessed TOM Bridge with Strings-Through-Body
Hardware: Black
Case: Includes Coffin Case
Scale Length: 25.5”

Unique Features: Flat or No Fingerboard Radius,
No inlay, Black KxK Logo, CTS® 250K Pots

I'm waiting for an email on an actual 734 headstock though, cause I love the Prototype, and need to know if I should do reverse inline.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
This guitar has the headstock shape that he will be using for 3+4 and 4+3 headstocks:

NEW_KXK_WARFACE_V_B_000.jpg

Are you sure that you want a neck wound pickup in the bridge? Bridge pickups are a lot hotter for a reason: the strings vibrate less at the bridge than at the neck. I put a neck pickup in the bridge once, and it was completely anemic--underpowered to the point of being completely unusable. If you like the '59, they do make a bridge version.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, back on to the KXK. According to the website there are 3 case options. The low end is the coffin case, the high end is the bulletproof flight case, what's the middle option like? I ask because I don't know that I want or need the flight case, but I really don't like coffin cases, they're just too emo goth wannabe for me.

')