Limited time offer (11/30/06): KxK Superstrat 7-string for $999

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
You could tell it was hand-made and hand-finished, but that was part of the vibe that made it as cool as it was. If I wasn't broke and he offered some kind of a trem and an oil finish, I'd be all over this right now. As it is, I'm not ruling it out completely.

I asked Rob about that too, no trems at this time, not even with an upcharge, still despite that, I'm not ruling this out completely either, as I've been wanting a hardtail, and this seems to be as good as it gets.

It's like I'm not even trying to talk myself out of this, just weird about buying "another" guitar sight unseen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VforVendetta00

Reaction score
27 frets FTW! and 27" scale to match too ;) i hope i sell my carvin so i can have rob make me another one, well i don't really wish to sell the carvin cause then i'd have to come up with the rest of the cash for the guitar! lol

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
:eek:
Oh great, now I have yet another excuse to buy one. I wonder if the lower cutaway is any deeper? I assume this would preclude getting a neck pickup.
Why? Do what Caparison did with their Angelus (I think). Slanted Hot rails in the neck. ESP did it too for some dude, its kinda the done thing with 27 frets now.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why? Do what Caparison did with their Angelus (I think). Slanted Hot rails in the neck. ESP did it too for some dude, its kinda the done thing with 27 frets now.

Probably because nobody makes hotrails for the seven string? And the ESP was the Kiko Loureiro sig.

37857_b.gif

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably because nobody makes hotrails for the seven string? And the ESP was the Kiko Loureiro sig.

37857_b.gif

I love that guitar. I've been thinking hard about risking divorce and having Rob build me a KXK version of that...

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
The guy from adagio has 27 frets and 2 humbuckers, Rob said you can have 2 picks ups and 27 frets.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love that guitar. I've been thinking hard about risking divorce and having Rob build me a KXK version of that...

Yeah you and me both... that as a seven string would rule (see the old 'sixes you wish were sevens' thread). Hmmmm if I sell my RG8670 AND my S7420FMTT I could probably even afford it :lol:

And in bright green :agreed:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score

:lol:

I've already broached the KxK topic with my wife and received a decent reaction--of course, I'll be selling some stuff to pay for it if I do pull the trigger. I think my wife has finally resigned herself to the fact that she married a kook.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
1) It is missing a string
2) After duty and shipping, the KxK would cost about the same amount.
3) The KxK would positively smoke that Edwards.
[super opinionated mode]Yeah except it'd be ugly as shit. No offense but all the KXKs I've seen besides yours have been ugly as fuck.

Plus how much does Rob charge for 12th to 27th fret scalloping?

I know it wasn't mentioned here, but as far as KXK, beside that rounded V all of them look like cheesy BC Rich copies.[super opinionated mode]

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
[super opinionated mode]Yeah except it'd be ugly as shit. No offense but all the KXKs I've seen besides yours have been ugly as fuck.

Plus how much does Rob charge for 12th to 27th fret scalloping?

I know it wasn't mentioned here, but as far as KXK, beside that rounded V all of them look like cheesy BC Rich copies.[super opinionated mode]

Thats odd i think most of his guitars look really cool.

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
I like his Vs. I do, however, feel his website needs an overhaul. Too much black going on (imo). Same with the guitars; 3 out of the 4 models up right now are shown in a solid black finish (technically 2 have the blood tips). I wish he would show more detail, better lighting, and different backdrops (except for the warface, that backdrop works with the guitar). The pictures he has up don't do the guitars enough justice.

For example, I liked the SSV before I saw this video, but I was blown away once I saw the video.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You pretty much worship at the altar of ESP, don't you?
lmao not really, I dunno but I feel with them. Some noobs love Ibenhad, some love schecter, some like Jackson, I like ESP, haha.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
lmao not really, I dunno but I feel with them. Some noobs love Ibenhad, some love schecter, some like Jackson, I like ESP, haha.

A lot more than just noobs love Ibanez, and save the clever play on words. It's not amusing.

An RG1527 would would smoke pretty much everything ESP has in that (RG1527's) price range. Oh that's right; ESP doesn't have anything in that price range.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
A lot more than just noobs love Ibanez, and save the clever play on words. It's not amusing.

An RG1527 would would smoke pretty much everything ESP has in that (RG1527's) price range. Oh that's right; ESP doesn't have anything in that price range.

Now, now, Jeff, if the poor fellow wants to be known as a noob who likes ESP, that's his right. :fawk:

I do agree, though, how does liking something from any of those companies make one a "noob," exactly? :spock:

')