Limited time offer (11/30/06): KxK Superstrat 7-string for $999

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Now, now, Jeff, if the poor fellow wants to be known as a noob who likes ESP, that's his right. :fawk:

I do agree, though, how does liking something from any of those companies make one a "noob," exactly? :spock:

It's petty for sure, but the whole "Ibanhad" thing really grates me. Especially coming from someone who plays LTD's, not actual ESP's.

I like LTD's (and ESP's) too, as well as Ibanezes, Carvins, etc. I don't feel the need to bag on other brands.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The "Ibanhad" thing grates me too, but seeing the way their build quality and model range is going lately I sadly can't help but find some truth in it right now. Let's hope the new S7 or even an 8 string materialise and prove it wrong by being high quality instruments at a reasonable price.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's petty for sure, but the whole "Ibanhad" thing really grates me. Especially coming from someone who plays LTD's, not actual ESP's.

I like LTD's (and ESP's) too, as well as Ibanezes, Carvins, etc. I don't feel the need to bag on other brands.

:lol: You missed all the condesention in my tone, I guess. ;)

Ibanez is capable of some awesome quality work - they're no longer the bang-for-buck steal they used to be (you know, when the dollar was 40% higher on the yen than it is today, thank you George W. Bush), but I don't see how anyone can pick up a properly set up UV and NOT think it's a great guitar (personal taste issues like bodywood, trems, bolt-on vs set, etc aside).

Maybe I've just gotten lucky with recent Iby's I've played or maybe I haven't played enough, but I've had no trouble with the newer ones...

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I do agree, though, how does liking something from any of those companies make one a "noob," exactly? :spock:
It doesn't. I'm talking about those superioristic fags like Elysian and his god-awful guitars, those guys who take a "holier than thou" attitude towards guitar brands. Who cares? So what if some company has some good models, another company has good models too. It's not like one company is any better than the other ones, they're all corporations out to make money, it's not like there's one which is "focused on creating the perfect instrument."

Those are the n00bs, the fanboys.

An RG1527 would would smoke pretty much everything ESP has in that (RG1527's) price range. Oh that's right; ESP doesn't have anything in that price range.
I've played the Universe as well as the K-7 and 2 Jems and my H-207 totally destroys them all. I really don't care about "in the price range." You can totally find a cheap guitar which destroys expensive ones (which is my case) and find expensive ones which are just mediocre. Like I said above, brands are brands, just that, they all have shit, no single one is better than the other.

Too bad I don't have enough money to get real ESPs otherwise I would have one, my VB-200 and H-207 do play very well though, both are really resonant too. Really it doesn't matter.

I will say, though, that my beef with Ibanez is they put the worst stock pickups in their guitars, that's what originally turned me off from them. I played a lot of guitars before I got my first guitar and the Ibanez ones all sounded like ass, there was no way I was gonna get one of those! They'd have way more sales if they sounded half-decent imo.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It doesn't. I'm talking about those superioristic fags like Elysian and his god-awful guitars, those guys who take a "holier than thou" attitude towards guitar brands. Who cares? So what if some company has some good models, another company has good models too. It's not like one company is any better than the other ones, they're all corporations out to make money, it's not like there's one which is "focused on creating the perfect instrument."

Finally, intelligence. I believe we're beginning to get through to you. :lol:

:fawk:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score

Those are the n00bs, the fanboys.

Oh I see it now. You've got something against seafood! Asshole! :lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Finally, intelligence. I believe we're beginning to get through to you. :lol:

:fawk:
no, this is my stand from the beginning. This is why I hate all the douchebag comments about people stealing shapes too.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
An RG1527 would would smoke pretty much everything ESP has in that (RG1527's) price range. Oh that's right; ESP doesn't have anything in that price range.

I dunno, my LTD M-307 smoked the RG1527 Ive tried, but not the UV or K7 though:(, and its not in the RG's price range:D, but I would still like to own one:agreed: I wouldnt buy anything from the ESP line, since I dont like the Stephen Carpenter:noway: I think the reason not too many people have ESP 7s is because of the "limited" variety ESP offers. So LTD is the only option for most.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I dunno, my LTD M-307 smoked the RG1527 Ive tried, but not the UV or K7 though:(, and its not in the RG's price range:D, but I would still like to own one:agreed: I wouldnt buy anything from the ESP line, since I dont like the Stephen Carpenter:noway: I think the reason not too many people have ESP 7s is because of the "limited" variety ESP offers. So LTD is the only option for most.

I've played the H207 and 307, and while they were nice, didn't have as nice of a fit and finish as well as feel compared to my 1527. Though the pickups were better, stock.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I highly suspect I'll be playing one this evening...

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
:lol: You missed all the condesention in my tone, I guess. ;)

Ibanez is capable of some awesome quality work - they're no longer the bang-for-buck steal they used to be (you know, when the dollar was 40% higher on the yen than it is today, thank you George W. Bush), but I don't see how anyone can pick up a properly set up UV and NOT think it's a great guitar (personal taste issues like bodywood, trems, bolt-on vs set, etc aside).

Maybe I've just gotten lucky with recent Iby's I've played or maybe I haven't played enough, but I've had no trouble with the newer ones...
To me, I see it all as internet talk. There's one fact that people have to learn about guitars. Every single one is going to be different. There are going to be many lemons, but there will also be many awesome guitars. Another important aspect is the fact that everyone has different tastes in guitars. You also can't compare guitars of two different brands.

I've had a MIJ 7620 that was a pretty bad lemon. I've had a Korean RG321MH that smoked the 7620 and a MIJ S540MOL that was a better than the rg321MH. I've now got a Indonesian RG7321 from technomancer that has had a fretjob/locking tuners and is absolutly incredible. It resonates better than any guitar I've ever had and it plays extremely well.
Of course, the stock pickups on all these guitars are absolutly horrible(7321 DEFINITELY!!), and they all need proper setups/fretjobs to be playing at YOUR specifications.

wow...this was off topic a bit :/

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dunno, Mike posted about the Kiko sig, dunno where it went after that.

No, I posted that I'd like KXK to make me one as a 7 (or, really, a Caparison Horus as a neckthru 7), and then everything went to pieces. See what you get for posting an ESP? :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, I posted that I'd like KXK to make me one as a 7 (or, really, a Caparison Horus as a neckthru 7), and then everything went to pieces. See what you get for posting an ESP? :lol:

Damn, it was all my fault for posting that luscious ESP pic :rofl:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
ESP sure will build you anything if you ask them, that's for sure.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
ESP sure will build you anything if you ask them, that's for sure.

for an absurd price. :lol:

their custom shop stuff is killer, but dude, even you have to admit their prices are nuttier than a Snickers bar.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
for an absurd price. :lol:

their custom shop stuff is killer, but dude, even you have to admit their prices are nuttier than a Snickers bar.
they are expensive, but when you want a guitar shaped like a Peter Griffin which laughs when you pull up on the whammy bar they're the only place to go to :lol:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
they are expensive, but when you want a guitar shaped like a Peter Griffin which laughs when you pull up on the whammy bar they're the only place to go to :lol:

Well, ya got me there! I love that wood themed F series custom in their 2005 catalog. It had wood knobs, wood pickguard, etc. Very cool looking, almost a contradiction to the shape of the guitar, which is obviously metal.

')