Limited time offer (11/30/06): KxK Superstrat 7-string for $999

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Back on the KXK topic, when are you going to post some more pictures of the prototype that's now in your hands? Some of us are about to drop money on one!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Back on the KXK topic, when are you going to post some more pictures of the prototype that's now in your hands? Some of us are about to drop money on one!

I'd like to hear clips too. I'd be interested to hear how the neckthru sounds, in comparison to the Carvin DC I had.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score

Unfortunately, my camera was stolen a few months back, so I haven't been able to take pics yet. :mad: Mike got home way too late last night for me to borrow his. I'll get some tonight, I promise.

It is a killer guitar, though, I spent a good three hours playing it yesterday. The fretboard is about a 1/3" slab of ebony with monster frets. Upper fret access is ridiculously good. It plays like a dream, and the tone is crushing. I can't say I'm a fan of the X2N-7, but it is good for that heavy as a dump truck rhythm tone.

I'd like to hear clips too. I'd be interested to hear how the neckthru sounds, in comparison to the Carvin DC I had.

I'll see what I can do about getting something down, but no promises. I don't have a home recording setup, so I'll have to find someone that can help me out.

I'll be meeting up with jacksonplayer this weekend, and he has a Carvin, so he'll be able to detail the differences much better than I.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, I didn't really notice. It felt comfortable to me, but I'm not a Strat guy. The real test will be when Mike plays it tonight, since he'll notice things like that. I play a big ol' V, so lack of contours doesn't bug me. ;)

Come to think of it, it felt very similar to my Soloist, which does have a contour. Maybe it has a contour, and I just spent too much time playing, and not enough looking. It was plugged into an amp five seconds after I opened the case. :lol:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
He's not working Friday, so he just told me he's planning on sitting down with it for some serious play time. :yesway:

I'll post pics tonight.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool, it's going to be about 10 days until my buyer for my S7 get's paid so I'm not putting the deposit down til then. Any chance you could get a side shot of the bridge end please? I'd like to see how curved the body is. Cheers!

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm planning on snapping pics from every conceivable angle, just to give people a really good idea of how it looks. The top is very Jackson COW-like, if that helps at all.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cheers dude :yesway: I know this might seem a little strange, but any chance you could measure the side thickness where the arm contour would be? I've had carved top guitars before that were too thick for me to comfortably play, so I'm worried about this. Thanks!

[action=metalfiend666]realises he is being a fussy bastard[/action]

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, it's thinner than you think. It tapers to the edges, similar to an S-series Ibanez (but not as thin).

[action=metalfiend666]realises he is being a fussy bastard[/action]

It's a custom guitar. This is the occasion where you are supposed to be very particular. ;)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sounds like this guitar must be a tapping monster with the X2N and such huge frets :agreed:

ChaNce

Auto-banned?
Reaction score
Ok, I have almost convinced myself I want one of these (well, I want it of course, but I mean buy:)) Here are my questions:

- Choice of color
- Neck pickup for $80 more
- Inlay options (extra charges apply)
- Choice of 25.5" or 27" (+$80) scale length
- Choice of 4 headstock shapes (inline, inline reverse, 4+3, 3+4)
- Comes with a Coffin case.

Pickups: Which EMGs are these? The active ones? If I get the neck pickup, does that mean a 5 way or a 3 way switch?

Are there any inlay options that dont have an extra charge? If I choose no inlays, are there still dots on the side of the neck?

Has anyone played the 27" scale length? Can you tune it both normally and as a baritone?

Does the 999 include shipping? Also, what is the expected wait?

Thanks, C

What are the color options?

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Pickups: Which EMGs are these? The active ones? If I get the neck pickup, does that mean a 5 way or a 3 way switch?

Are there any inlay options that dont have an extra charge? If I choose no inlays, are there still dots on the side of the neck?

Thanks, C

What are the color options?

I am in no way in the know how..but if i were to guess on these. It's the active 707's I don't think they cann be coiltapped so 3 way switch..No inlays would still have side markers. Color I'm not sure.. i think it could be anything not too funky ie: solid colors maybe bursts?

Again these questions should be answered by noodles or the builder rob. :wavey:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm planning on snapping pics from every conceivable angle, just to give people a really good idea of how it looks. The top is very Jackson COW-like, if that helps at all.

So are we going to see these pics BEFORE the special price expires :scratch: :lol:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
I dunno, my LTD M-307 smoked the RG1527 Ive tried, but not the UV or K7 though:(, and its not in the RG's price range:D, but I would still like to own one:agreed: .

I get sad when I think about the LTD M/H/2/307 line, they came SOOOO close to smoking the Ibby 7's at the time IMO. Small frets killed what was a very capable production 7 string, and while I'm sure the Stephen Carpenter is a good guitar, the goofy design (pickup in the way of picking hand, too high bridge) keeps me from buying one.

I had seriously entertained dreams of modding my old 307, but it would have cost me as much as a KxK, or an LGM.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Well, first of all, read this post from page 5. If you go with EMG's they're not coil tap-able, so it's a 3-way.

Rob has told me dots are no charge. I'm guessing there's still side markers but I'll have to check.

Has anyone played the 27" scale length? Can you tune it both normally and as a baritone?

Yes, my RG7421XL is a 27" scale and it's fine in standard tuning.

Latest posts

')