Limited time offer (11/30/06): KxK Superstrat 7-string for $999

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Pickups: Which EMGs are these? The active ones? If I get the neck pickup, does that mean a 5 way or a 3 way switch?

Yes, they are the active ones. Rob doesn't use that Hz garbage. Of course, you have your choice of the 81-7 or 707. If the 60-7 is available, I'm sure he can get that as well.

Are there any inlay options that dont have an extra charge? If I choose no inlays, are there still dots on the side of the neck?

Yes, there are still side dots.

Has anyone played the 27" scale length? Can you tune it both normally and as a baritone?

I currently have the prototype in my possession, and it is tuned to Bb with a GHS 10-60 set. The plain strings were too tight for me in B. Compared to my 25.5" KxK in Bb, I would say it is punchier in the lower registers. I haven't tried it with lower tunings yet.

Does the 999 include shipping? Also, what is the expected wait?

Shipping is not included, but I can't see it being more than about $40-50 CONUS. Only Rob can tell you the wait, because I have no idea what his workload looks like.

What are the color options?

All solid colors are free of charge, although he is not doing white at this time (something to do with his spray rig making it difficult to get white right). You can discuss other finishes with him.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers dude :yesway: I know this might seem a little strange, but any chance you could measure the side thickness where the arm contour would be? I've had carved top guitars before that were too thick for me to comfortably play, so I'm worried about this. Thanks!

I totally forgot to whip out the tape measure, but it looks to be about 1.5". The body drops away from the middle as it goes towards the edge. You don't really miss the comfort contour.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
I get sad when I think about the LTD M/H/2/307 line, they came SOOOO close to smoking the Ibby 7's at the time IMO. Small frets killed what was a very capable production 7 string, and while I'm sure the Stephen Carpenter is a good guitar, the goofy design (pickup in the way of picking hand, too high bridge) keeps me from buying one.

I had seriously entertained dreams of modding my old 307, but it would have cost me as much as a KxK, or an LGM.

Modding like how? Might guve me some ideas.:agreed:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I totally forgot to whip out the tape measure, but it looks to be about 1.5". The body drops away from the middle as it goes towards the edge. You don't really miss the comfort contour.

That sounds cool with me. So, where are the pics? We're waiting...

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That sounds cool with me. So, where are the pics? We're waiting...

They're on my camera, which I won't be able to unload until tonight. So yell at me, since I forgot to give Dave the cable last night. :lol:

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score

[sign]
middle_finger.jpg
[/sign]

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, I'm getting quite eager to check this thing out this weekend. I'd definitely post my own review of it and compare to my Carvin.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, I'm getting quite eager to check this thing out this weekend. I'd definitely post my own review of it and compare to my Carvin.

I'll be doing the head-to-head against my Jackson and Washburn tomorrow. :yesway:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Modding like how? Might guve me some ideas.:agreed:

My original plan was to get LGM to replace the fretbaord with ebony, put in 6100 frets, and then add an OFR.

Not a lots of mods, but EXPENSIVE, just the fretbaord job alone was close to 500 bucks. I paid 400 for the guitar so...

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
My original plan was to get LGM to replace the fretbaord with ebony, put in 6100 frets, and then add an OFR.

Not a lots of mods, but EXPENSIVE, just the fretbaord job alone was close to 500 bucks. I paid 400 for the guitar so...

That actually wouldn't be that bad. Think of it, you're adding an ebony fret board and getting brand new frets. At that price, it's $900. I'd say a neck through guitar with an ebony board and fresh frets is worth $900. How much more for the OFR? Another $300-400 for the OFR and install?

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Noodles nice guitar!!!

A shame that in Argentina we can't have those guitars.

But here are some luthiers that are really really good, like Daniels.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score

I might just get it refretted with Dunlop 6000's and get a low profile trem:hbang:

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:lol: I just sent them to Dave. Sheesh, excuse us while we have rehearsal. ;)

Well, and go over to GC and play both the KXK and my Jackson through a SLO100, a Mark III, and a few other things. :metal:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score

Well, and go over to GC and play both the KXK and my Jackson through a SLO100, a Mark III, and a few other things. :metal:
Hmm...DC GC might have more stuff than the VB one? The VB one always has like 25 PRSs and 3 mesa stacks though :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

No zee promoshun ov zee KxK must come first :rofl:

On a serious note I am looking forward to seeing these pics, though my wife may kill me if I put anything else on the charge before I pay off the Nomad :squint:

')