Line 6 announcement on January 23rd. New amp?

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Well... It kind of looks cool. Like a space heater or something.

I'm honestly clueless as to why they'd go back to podxt/podx3 models for this though. The HD stuff has been out for kind of a while. Those are seriously nearly 10 year old models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Radatats

Reaction score
So like I said, stereo SS power amp with 4 "presets" (tone/EQ settings) and a Stagesource style cab. No ability to create or manage a patch within the unit, only with an Apple iOS product. No screen or controls to manage amps or FX or signal chain. It doesn't look like it is really usable unless you own an iOS based product.

Will also serve as a Bluetooth boom box from Android, iOS, Mac and PC. Hooks up to the old FBV, no mention of POD HD compatibility or hook up.

Really makes me wonder what you are actually getting. $499 for the big one, or same price for POD HD500. $800 for a similar cab (L2) without the sims. I think this may be intended to replace the Spider series but not in the same league as the POD HD series.

UncurableZero

Reaction score
I don't think this would be replacing the spider series.
At least in my country an iPhone 5s is like 800$ new, don't know how it is in the US.
Just buying an iOS device costs a lot more than a spider amp.
When the Android app comes out, I guess it would be more convenient for a lot of people.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Only good thing I could say is that if you own an iOS device and wanted a more readily available Vetta alternative, I guess this is the way to go. :shrug:

Lain

Reaction score
I wonder if you could just use USB and Windows to edit the patches? I am definitely not going to buy an apple or android device to control an amp.

Insinfier

Reaction score
I drag my ass out of bed and see... Whatever that is. The prices are alright, at least for people that don't need to drop money on a new iOS device....

Well, at least the Orange Dual Dark 100 looks ....ing awesome.

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
...and then i was like
yo-dawg-at-first-i-was-like.jpg

slothrop

Reaction score
"More than 70 amps, 100 effects and 20 pregnant"

What the hell does that mean?

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not really aimed at me, I guess. If I was in the market for a home stereo system that I could play my guitar through, I might be interested. I mean, hell, I have a little Bose Bluetooth thinger that's like $200, so an extra $200 for a 75 watt unit that looks pretty cool and lets me do all sorts of editing and patch creation from my phone, well, that sounds pretty cool to me. (I am an Apple guy and have been since 1979. All my Apple IIe homies say "hey yo!!" What, there aren't any of you? Balls. Getting old sucks.)

I can see something like this being cool for my kids. An FRFR system that sounds good and is super easy to use and gets tones that just aren't available from the Spider series and is loud enough to jam with a drummer doesn't totally suck. But if my kids were that serious, I'd probably drop $300 on a used HD500 and $150 on a decent used powered monitor and let them have better modelling and an upgrade path. This thing, like so many of Line 6's products, is the end game. With the bare exception of the DT series amps and the HD series pedals, nothing Line 6 is built to work with other Line 6 stuff to make something awesome awesomer.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
...So if I lose/break my phone, I can't even play guitar until I get a new one? that seems inconvenient.

Reaction score
This is clearly more for home use and the integration with iOS seems pretty cool. It's pretty useful to be able to edit tones easily on a nice interface like that and uploading tones to a cloud also seems like a neat idea. It's not perfect for everyone but it seems to fit quite well with people who are starting out or who want a flexible practice amp. Holy shit you guys whining about it relying heavily on iOS, yeah, no kidding, iPhones are the single best selling phones in the US, millions and millions of people have them and they're all of similar specs. That can't be said about Android phones, there's a ton of shitty ones. JamUP, BIAS, and all the other iOS amp sims are right there next to this. I'd like to see tech integration like this evolve, but I'd rather see something more from the POD HD series stuff.

Reaction score
Is it possible to use the flat response mode when feeding in a guitar signal? If this is an affordable FRFR speaker that looks like a guitar amp and doesn't sound horrible it's already pretty cool, getting a free POD XT in the same package seems more like a bonus to me.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Is it possible to use the flat response mode when feeding in a guitar signal? If this is an affordable FRFR speaker that looks like a guitar amp and doesn't sound horrible it's already pretty cool, getting a free POD XT in the same package seems more like a bonus to me.

Even if that is the case, 150 watts on a three way system isn't even enough juice to get over a drummer in a rehearsal situation, plus there doesn't appear to be any sort of professional direct output option, so you're gonna mic a three-way speaker?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
AMPLIFail.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Line6_AMPLIFailure.jpg
    Line6_AMPLIFailure.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 165

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
^ LOL.

Cruel joke, but it is indeed a sign of the times.

What have experienced HD500 users been asking for for the last 2-3 years? Custom IR loading, 5150 HD models. Podfarm HD. Have we received these? nope.

Their ideascale has some great discussions about digital IEM systems. That excited me as their digital wireless range is great. Has this happened? nope.

I was/am a HUGE advocate for the HD500 and I made the switch to Axe FX 2. I couldn't be happier. I like the L6 products for what they are (mass market solutions) but they fall short. If THIS is their game changing product then yeah I don't really expect anything from them to excite touring/semi pro musicians for quite some time.

')