Line 6 announcement on January 23rd. New amp?

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
It looks like it might be a FRFR guitar cab. If so, that's pretty cool.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
I know what it is now... Similar to something that starts with the letter of Tommy Lee Jones' character in MIB. Not a Spyder.

Insinfier

Reaction score
Line 6 does have their own PA tech. It has a neat setting that allows the unit to behave a little more like a guitar speaker cabinet, rather than a standard PA speaker.

However, they do not have a combo amp with dozens of amp and cab sims with an integrated FRFR speaker system. This is what I'm hoping it is. Something easily portable as well. :)

SandyRavage

Reaction score
Saw this a few months ago, and a buddy got to do some testing. Game changer for sure.

tyler_faith_08

Strings of Chaos
Reaction score
Saw this a few months ago, and a buddy got to do some testing. Game changer for sure.

Pics or it didn't happen. J/K

I hate when people bash Line 6 just because they aren't full blown, tube only amps. I had quite a few people say they preferred my MKII to my old 6505. The Bogner tube section really makes a huge difference over the smaller SS series, which are amazing first time amps (not much to say for them outside of that). They're some good amps if you take the time to set them up right.

Most people play them and just hope for something to justify an "inferior to tubes" claim, even on the Bogner designed units. These people are called idiots. I know a guy (and he's on this site) who says that a Line 6 will never match a tube only amp, simply because it uses digital technology. The same guy uses a plethora of digital effects both in front and in FX.

I digress. A new Vetta would be nice, so long as they don't tone it down so as to prevent a significant loss of sales for the POD series or give it an MSRP of +$2k.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
Another picture, iPhone interaction with amp?
file.jpeg

celticelk

Reaction score
^^^ Maybe an iOS interface for programming and loading shared presets via Bluetooth, like what Eventide has done with the H9?

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
It says tone match, so maybe it's an iOS-linked tone matcher that works from songs in your music library? So sort of like EZ Mix, but automated?

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
I'm definitely willing to wager that it is going to be a competition to jamup now. All of the pictures have been digital, so what would say there are any physical parts?

Oxidation_Shed

Nightman.
Reaction score
I'm definitely willing to wager that it is going to be a competition to jamup now. All of the pictures have been digital, so what would say there are any physical parts?

+1

There's absolutely no actual pictures so surely it's got to be something digital. I can't see them launching something like a Vetta III when there's the whole Line 6 link thing between the HD's and the DT series.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score

I hope this is a different product than "Reinventing" the guitar amp....I'm so sick of iOS tethered musical equipment. The iPod/iPad/iPhone is just as a much a toy as any Android device, so why not do both. Android uses USB in some form or another with inexpensive adapters available for digital audio and there are just as many, if not more Android devices...either way, I'm not interested in musical equipment that requires an additional $200-$500 device to operate.

')