Line 6 Helix Megathread - 2.80 update

• Thread starter demorior
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikah912

Reaction score
The metal ones sounded...kinda dated? Like someone trying to approximate modern djent or metalcore, but using an inappropriate Metallica-sounding tone to do it, almost.

Loved the clean sounds, tho.

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
I have to say those 2 metal tones were not impressive to me. They were ok, well the second one was ok, the first one was :rolleyes:.

I will have to hear more higher gain/distorted tones before I think about plunking down $1,500 on something, that so far doesn't sound better than my current 11r. But to be fair, it is just the first (obviously) half-ass'd attempt at a heavy tone.

All of the other tones I've heard form it have been awesome! Though I have noticed that official videos/showcases of tones from these companies shows clearly there is a priority of blues/clean/jazz/rock then any extra time is spent (one cheeking) the handful of token heavy tones to showcase. Usually for the heavier stuff, we have to wait for 3rd party showcases/reviews.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Clips not withstanding, I'd be willing to bet that 3rd party IRs will probably sound a bit better than the stock ones.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I hope they do a more in-depth video of that they showed at 0:34. A big complaint people seem to have with the unit is that the screen is probably fragile as all hell. I hope they can show it can take all that abuse.

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
Now THAT is how you market a product in this age. Holy hell that vid was so entertaining.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Edit: The more I find about it, the more I'm just tempted to save for the kemper I've been drooling over for ages now.

mikah912

Reaction score
Edit: The more I find about it, the more I'm just tempted to save for the kemper I've been drooling over for ages now.

Like Helix, you can always buy a Kemper on installment plans from American Music. I think it's broken into five chunks so a little shy of $400 each month.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
the panama 5150 model has been released as an HD add on bundle months ago. Now they have reworked it for the helix.

Actually, they built the Panama 5150 for Helix, using the new HX modeling, and scaled down the code to make it work in some of the HD series like the HD500X.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
New info from Line 6 and it's really awesome!!!

I got this from Digital Igloo's post on TGP. Note that a few tremolos were accidentally left off the effects list but will be included at launch. These include the 60s Bias Trem and Optical Trem. Also a Script Mod Phase.

Line 6 just updated the Helix info:

New product info on the Line 6 website:
Line 6

It has a official list of

Amps:

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06439cc0ef55b13d89a4aa8/application/pdf

Cabs:

http://line6.com/data/6/0a064339df6f55b13dacdc933/application/pdf

Mics:

http://line6.com/data/6/0a064339df7a55b13dcd860fc/application/pdf

And Effects:

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06439cc32f55b13d5d8e678/application/pdf

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I really wanna hear some isolated high gain guitar. All the sounds they showed us so far are buried too deep in the mix.

')