Line 6 Helix Megathread - 2.80 update

• Thread starter demorior
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KristapsCoCoo

Reaction score
Line 6 posted some new clips on SC, including this.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/line6/metal-full-mix[/SC]

This one sounds pretty decent to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnoozyWyrm

Reaction score
Did someone realise they really had to post some good metal clips and suddenly started trying to? :lol:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Where did that SD video say it was the Helix? I didnt see it in the description/anything. Sounds good tho, I hope thats what it was (not that I'll be buying this Helix, hoping for a smaller version in the future like the Pod Desktop.. Otherwise its the Fractal AX8 for me)

that short guy

Reaction score
Where did that SD video say it was the Helix? I didnt see it in the description/anything. Sounds good tho, I hope thats what it was (not that I'll be buying this Helix, hoping for a smaller version in the future like the Pod Desktop.. Otherwise its the Fractal AX8 for me)

it don't think it said it in the description (full disclosure I didn't really look) but you can clearly see it a few times throughout the vid

jbealsmusic

Reaction score
You can see him playing through it throughout the video. Can't tell whether he's using it for FX only, but since Paul is sponsored by L6 and pretty much always plays through their stuff on demos like this, I imagine he's using the Helix for the majority of the tones.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Honestly, I've always been the type to completely ignore reviews unless they're mostly negative. I've owned two PODs, the XT and the HD500, and I got tones out of them that I loved. There were a few guys in the POD thread who were practically gods at setting up patches even on the HD's limited pool of high-gain amps.

More to the point, though, is that I go into a lot of things fully expecting that the reviews are going to be catered towards my needs. My tastes tend to run towards the niche, comparatively speaking, and so expecting a company to put out a demo of what I consider a good metal tone is out of the question. I'm willing to bet that those of you who aren't satisfied with the videos fall in the same category. If you like H.P. Lovecraft, you wouldn't expect a glowing review of the Twilight series to apply to you, would you?

Laimon

Reaction score
Honestly, I've always been the type to completely ignore reviews unless they're mostly negative. I've owned two PODs, the XT and the HD500, and I got tones out of them that I loved. There were a few guys in the POD thread who were practically gods at setting up patches even on the HD's limited pool of high-gain amps.

More to the point, though, is that I go into a lot of things fully expecting that the reviews are going to be catered towards my needs. My tastes tend to run towards the niche, comparatively speaking, and so expecting a company to put out a demo of what I consider a good metal tone is out of the question. I'm willing to bet that those of you who aren't satisfied with the videos fall in the same category. If you like H.P. Lovecraft, you wouldn't expect a glowing review of the Twilight series to apply to you, would you?

Well, if by niche you mean Deathspell Omega, no, they aren't covering that. If you mean djent/sorta Meshuggah stuff, they did.

Lain

Reaction score
What i have been saying all along is still true!

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Damn those Pearly gates pickups sounded nice on that clip.

...and I won't take the Helix seriously until I hear how it can do an overdriven Marshall JCM800 sound - that's my baseline for just about anything. Screw your modern metal amp needs. :lol: ;)

big_aug

Reaction score
Anyone pre-order one?

I preordered through Sweetwater. I did the 36 month financing promo with 10% off so it won't hurt too much. Ill set up autopay and forget about it.

')