Line 6 Helix Megathread - 2.80 update

• Thread starter demorior
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

that short guy

Reaction score
I haven't really contributed anything to this thread in awhile so here we go

I've been messing around trying to make a heavy/djenty tone close to the tone that After the Burial use on the song Mire but I wanted it to be a little more bright/present than theirs. I used the Mark IV Lead channel with a dual 4x12 cab (the Mesa and the Blackback 30) and this is what I got. I like it, It's definitely heavy and blends well with my bass patch, but I think I might've gone just a little over board on the brightness lol

Guitar used was a mahogany/koa Carvin DC800 with EMG 57/66

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/i_get_bored/helix-mark-iv-tone-test[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Radau

Bongoloid
Reaction score
dude that bass tone is just nasty sounding.... I mean that in a very good way. I know a lot of it is probably your bass but what the hell did you use lol

I'm using three separate paths, a DI/Sub, Cail 400 Channel 1 Pre and the ANGL Meteor with some Ownhammer Ampeg IR's

that short guy

Reaction score
Lately I've been messing around on my acoustic a lot and I've found that getting a good acoustic patch in the HX is a huge pain in the ass. This is the best I got after many tweaking sessions but I'm still not too happy with it. But on a side note I do like the effect you get if you split a signal with a hall reverb on one side and the particle reverb on the other on an acoustic.

what do you guys think?

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/i_get_bored/acoustic-thing[/SC]

I'm using three separate paths, a DI/Sub, Cail 400 Channel 1 Pre and the ANGL Meteor with some Ownhammer Ampeg IR's

I haven't thought about using a a 3rd signal path for a DI... Might have to give it a shot.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
I have been loving the Essex 30 for cleans lately. Ever since I played a real AC-30 and fell in love with the chimey cleans. All the suggestions above are good too, the JC120 with a touch of chorus is fantastic.

Element0s

Low Fantasy/Black Denim
Reaction score
Music store I teach at offered me 15% off a Helix and 0% financing so I just had to order one. Should be here inside two weeks!

I only recently stepping into the serous modeling game after picking up an Axe-FX standard last month and I've been pretty happy with it so far. From what I can see, the Helix will be a pretty serious upgrade and I'm looking forward to condensing my live rig a bit. Might do a side-by-side comparison video or something.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
I'm drooling for that archon model. Sadly my rack is at the practice space, and I won't be there until next monday!

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Digital Igloo, Line 6 dudes and dudettes, everybody,

"Damn. Damn. Daaaaamn."

That's pretty much my first 45 minutes with this update and the Archon Lead sim. As far as an update goes, a "minor" update with 3 very good amp sims is pretty crazy. It gives me confidence that I invested in a worthwhile product. So much was done and the tweaks were all asked for. Ideascale is obviously looked at. Keep at it!

Vrollin

Reaction score
From what i can tell we now have switchless wah? Diving in to find out when i get home!

')