Line 6 Helix Megathread - 2.80 update

• Thread starter demorior
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Avedas

Reaction score
Finally metering in the next update? Thank god.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AndiKravljaca

Reaction score
I just want a couple of power amp blocks, so I can plug a Synergy preamp into something that'll add a little power amp character to it. I'm not asking for separate power amp blocks for every amplifier, but like, one EL34 power amp and one 6L6 power amp based on a popular rackmount model shouldn't be that hard to do. It would open the Helix up to a whole new sort of usage.

sleewell

Reaction score
I just want a couple of power amp blocks, so I can plug a Synergy preamp into something that'll add a little power amp character to it. I'm not asking for separate power amp blocks for every amplifier, but like, one EL34 power amp and one 6L6 power amp based on a popular rackmount model shouldn't be that hard to do. It would open the Helix up to a whole new sort of usage.

since they already have preamp blocks this would be a really great idea. in addition to what you described it would basically allow you to see if you liked any amp better with different power amp tubes. they could just make one power amp block that has the ability to swap types of tubes and wattage.

Last edited:

Avedas

Reaction score
Whats metering?

Also poweramp emulation efx blocks would be outstanding
There's currently no way to tell how hot your signal is without hooking up to a mixer or DAW. Metering has been one of the most requested features for a long time now.

lewis

Reaction score
There's currently no way to tell how hot your signal is without hooking up to a mixer or DAW. Metering has been one of the most requested features for a long time now.
Oh of course. Silly me haha.

Yeah defo needed

sleewell

Reaction score
does anyone blend 2 amp sims at once on the helix for their high gain tones?

i am going to try blending the revv and badonk next rehearsal, sounded pretty good last night at home.

wondering if people have any tips or recommendations based on what they have tried. thanks!

Steo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I kinda run something like this. I run tube screamer esque boost into tight metal pedal. That then goes into Mark series sim on hx stomp. Headphones out (at home) or f/x return on Laney Ironheart studio (at practice)

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
does anyone blend 2 amp sims at once on the helix for their high gain tones?

i am going to try blending the revv and badonk next rehearsal, sounded pretty good last night at home.

wondering if people have any tips or recommendations based on what they have tried. thanks!
My main live tone for my 9-strings has been an Engl amp model and the 5150 model after a boost and a frequency split (over 300Hz to engl, lows to 5150), the mixed back together right before a Mesa OS IR.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
My main live tone for my 9-strings has been an Engl amp model and the 5150 model after a boost and a frequency split (over 300Hz to engl, lows to 5150), the mixed back together right before a Mesa OS IR.
Where can I find the split block - EQs?

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
I know it might seem stupid for many of You, but recently I found one main remedy for my HX sounds: LA studio compressor set behind the amp, before mod/dly/rev. If set right it gives that ooommmphhh and saggy chug similar to my valve amps.

sleewell

Reaction score
I know it might seem stupid for many of You, but recently I found one main remedy for my HX sounds: LA studio compressor set behind the amp, before mod/dly/rev. If set right it gives that ooommmphhh and saggy chug similar to my valve amps.

I'll try it! Stock settings on the comp or anything in particular?

sleewell

Reaction score

tried this on sat night and it was awesome. thanks for the tip!!!

lewis

Reaction score
I use Hedgehog D9 ->Revv Red ->LA Studio Comp ->Cali Q Graphic (EQ from Mesa Mark) ->Delay -> Reverb
Compressor set:
PkRedc = 6.5
Gain = 6.9
Type = Comp
Emphs = 0.9
Mix = 100%
Level to taste

I 4CM the HX Effects with an Amp1 Iridium. Even though that already feels like a tube amp, im going to try this tip and put the compressor in its loop and see what happens.

Latest posts

')