Line 6 Helix Megathread - 2.80 update

• Thread starter demorior
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
Still cant work out if its necessary or not with the Iridium. It is pretty tube like and chunky as is.

Will play more later. So far ive only used my single coil strat and tried it
Thanks for Your reply, mate. Maybe that microtube thing is not just a gimmick, but it is in fact a tube driven compressor.

projectjetfire

Guitar Addict
Reaction score
In my downtime, Im looking at my Helix and loving it for home jams. I do have a couple of questions:

Are the DT770 250 ohm headphones still considered one of the best options for home practice?

For djenty metal (Im currently a Riffhard.com member and Im doing metal riffing with my 26.5 scale Ibanez SRGEX2 in Bb), are there any really good presets out there? Im using my own that Ive created, just curious if there any others around.

What power amps are people using to run into a powered cab? Ive used a SD170 in a couple of different cabs and I didnt like it that much :( but that could be more down the helix rather than the SD.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
In my downtime, Im looking at my Helix and loving it for home jams. I do have a couple of questions:

Are the DT770 250 ohm headphones still considered one of the best options for home practice?

For djenty metal (Im currently a Riffhard.com member and Im doing metal riffing with my 26.5 scale Ibanez SRGEX2 in Bb), are there any really good presets out there? Im using my own that Ive created, just curious if there any others around.

What power amps are people using to run into a powered cab? Ive used a SD170 in a couple of different cabs and I didnt like it that much :( but that could be more down the helix rather than the SD.
Not, it is SD PS170, bro. I have it and it is stiff and lacks any sustain. My remedy is the use of the compressor after the amp block.

lewis

Reaction score
I miss my old quadruple out front pedal rig of:

Keeley 4 knob compressor>ISP Decimator>Maxon OD808>Boss NS2>Amp

Im going to repurchase them all and never sell again. Trying this in the HX effects just never yields the same results as the real pedals.

Also, anyone know when the latest firmware is out that includes more blocks and metering? (it might be already)

GunpointMetal

Reaction score

Those headphones are great! When you're using the Helix with your power amp/cab setup are you using presets built for it or using the same headphones presets? There's nothing in the power amp you have that will change the sound or feel of what is going into it unless you change the EQ controls on the power amp. It's a high-headroom class D amplifier. What goes in, comes out.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Just sold my HX Stomp and got a Helix LT. First off, goddamn this thing is great. Second, trying to get a Holdsworth lead-style tone but maybe a little more "metal"ness to it I suppose.

Avedas

Reaction score
Any thoughts? Any feedback?
I just tried out your tip. Sounds killer man.

I just updated to 2.90 and the Revv Purple is insane. Loving it. I liked the Red channel for certain things but Purple has a profile that suits me a lot better.

Avedas

Reaction score
Tuner and tap tempo is all wonky. Weird time delay and not really working properly. Tap tempo is a few bpm faster than whatever you tap for an input. I haven't figured out how metering works yet.

Latest posts

')