Line 6 Helix Megathread - 2.80 update

• Thread starter demorior
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
got update downloaded will dig in tomorrow, I have sadly neglected my Helix far too much but got the update done and uploaded all the A1 pick IR's from the OwnHammer heavy hitters 1 pack, so hopefully can unleash the beast now, switched roles at work so have a bit of time to live a little now! sorry to ramble.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aewrik

Reaction score
Nice title of the update..
Helix/HX Firmware 2.90 | Helix Native 1.90

"The Always Level Presets By Ear at Stage Volume with the Rest of the Band Playing Update"

lewis

Reaction score
The HX Stomp is getting two more with 3.0, FX/LT/Floor/Rack are all staying the same.

Ah bollocks!

I really need that other one. Ah well

I guess my plan of longterm buying the physical compressor and OD pedals Im using atm inside the HX effects, is the way to go because that will free up about 3 or so blocks.

It will eventually be a glorified Delay, Reverb and Lofi guitar effect on my pedalboard haha

Aewrik

Reaction score
Haha, crap. I jumped the gun redoing a couple of presets for this function, only to realize HX Stomp doesn't have the command center..!

Command Center > HX Preset

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Effects

A new Command Center command type lets you assign any preset (or Next Preset or Previous Preset) to any stomp switch. Together with HX Snapshot and HX Looper commands, you can now customize Stomp footswitch mode to your liking.

Ah well, guess I'm stuck with the TT-2 instead of an expression pedal. No biggie, some money saved : )

Iron1

Old School Blacksmith
Reaction score
I loaded the update and somehow lost a preset I'd saved right beforehand and all my levels dropped. Time to dig in and figure out what happened...

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Do I have to use the send on the side to run into my real amp/cab and direct. I tried for hours yesterday figuring it out. I split the signal before the IR and panned hard both sides at the split and the rejoin and the IR still affected my tone on the real amp side. I didn't use a stereo EQ at the end so maybe that's why. I wanna keep the send on the side for my real overdrive to have it on for heavy patches and out of the signal path for cleans. I just need a template patch argh.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Not yet - haven't decided if it's worth potentially losing anything else. :lol:
If you saved the patch right before you updated, and you followed the update instructions, your backup you made during the update should have your patch you're looking for, as well as resetting your global settings.

Avedas

Reaction score
Tuner bug is not a "known issue" and is definitely not fixed with 2.91 on my unit. Please excuse me while I go flip a table.

lewis

Reaction score
Tuner bug is not a "known issue" and is definitely not fixed with 2.91 on my unit. Please excuse me while I go flip a table.
IME Line 6 tuners have always been shit bug or no bug anyway.

Nothing beats just a no nonsense dedicated tuner pedal on a board infront of you.
One of the first things Im going to purchase will be a Korg Pitchblack.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
What is wrong with your tuner? After they added the fine and strobe modes mine works excellently even with my stupid-low tuned guitars.

Avedas

Reaction score
What is wrong with your tuner? After they added the fine and strobe modes mine works excellently even with my stupid-low tuned guitars.
It registers inputs about ~5 seconds late, making it nearly useless. This only happened with 2.90 update, and there were a few other LT owners on the Helix forum with the same issue. I've been using the tuner without a problem for years until now.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
It registers inputs about ~5 seconds late, making it nearly useless. This only happened with 2.90 update, and there were a few other LT owners on the Helix forum with the same issue. I've been using the tuner without a problem for years until now.
That's shitty. I'm always curious as to how some units are affected by stuff like this and others aren't. The only correlated one I've seen is that almost everyone that was having HX Edit connection issues was using a 8-10 year old Mac with the current OS installed, other than that it seems pretty random. I'm just gonna keep knocking on wood and having my fingers crossed. So far all the updates have gone smoothly for me.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
thats weird. Im also tuned low and mines shit
It was really garbage with the original tuner mode, couldn't tune below B without issues. Like it literally wouldn't pick up my low E on my eight string or the low A on my bassists bass. Since they added the Fine and Strobe Modes it picks up just fine, checked against an expensive Peterson Desktop strobe and it well within my tolerances for live performance.

Latest posts

')