Line 6 Helix Megathread - 2.80 update

• Thread starter demorior
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Boofchuck

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to access the tuner in snapshot mode on the hx stomp?

I'm curious if I could assign a long press to pull up the tuner using the command center but I have no idea if or how this would be possible.

Thanks.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to access the tuner in snapshot mode on the hx stomp?

I'm curious if I could assign a long press to pull up the tuner using the command center but I have no idea if or how this would be possible.

Thanks.
Page right and action on any screen will do it, not sure otherwise without reserving FS3/4/5.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
ok maybe dumb/crazy question

Does anyone know if the Helix can take a Line input? I thiiiink it can?

I was thinking of trying to reamp with it without a reamp box.

Apollo twin line out> Helix in (pad on..miiight need to use the Aux input?) > real amp> rivera rock crusher line out> Apollo Twin IN

I haven't tried it yet with my real amp yet. I did do a quick test with just the helix and it seeeeeeeemed to be ok. But I only spent like 2 minutes trying since I was busy with other stuff.

Think that would work without a true reamp box or am I opening myself to a crap ton of noise and other issues?

I know you're saying to yourself. "Why would you do that? You have a helix" lol. Don't ask. I'm just experimenting. haha

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
actually nvmd, i'll just move some things around to free up a usb port. I was just being lazy and trying to get around it lol

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Oohhh what it could be???

FB_IMG_1626034496825.jpg

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
The announced link leads to something teased by IK Multimedia so it's not a Line6 thing at all. It's just Digital Igloo trolling a bit and a stab at how everything has an X in its name these days.
Oh man ... that got me. I wanted a Vetta III to happen badly. lol

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Helix with wireless and more dsp would be sweet.
I just don't want them adding wireless to a $2k device unless its G90-level quality. I had to give up on my G10S and my G30 because neither one operates very well in busy venues due to all the 2.4GHz traffic.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
This hasn't been updated even since the last round of new Helix goodies, but I figured this was the best thread to bump.

3.15 came out yesterday! Has anyone had a chance to dig through it? I updated but had no time to plug in and give anything a go.

John Cordy's demos of everything sound fucking fantastic, as always, so I'm really jonesing to get my grubby, little mits on my Stomp.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
This hasn't been updated even since the last round of new Helix goodies, but I figured this was the best thread to bump.

3.15 came out yesterday! Has anyone had a chance to dig through it? I updated but had no time to plug in and give anything a go.

John Cordy's demos of everything sound fucking fantastic, as always, so I'm really jonesing to get my grubby, little mits on my Stomp.

To be honest, I'm pretty underwhelmed by this update looking through the release notes. The Dynamic Room/Plate and Shimmer reverb sound nice, but I was really hoping for some new high gain goodies. It was hinted as much over at TGP.

The only thing I'll end up using much is the Killer Z Metal Zone model probably.

sleewell

Reaction score
one new amp and a bunch of effects. looks like one of them is like a montreal count to five type of deal. heard one is kinda like an eqd dispatch master which is one of my all time favs. we are going to the studio tonight so i just practiced last night and got my guitars ready but i am excited to give them a whirl.

pretty freaking sweet!!!!!!!!

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There's some cool droney random delay/fx-y things that are kinda cool, and the new shimmer verb is nice albeit I'll probably never use any of them. They added all the old legacy things which is kinda nice to have back.

The new amp is interesting. Not sure if it's my cup of tea, but I need to mess with it some more. It's a little weird that they say to leave the master at 10 but the default settings don't have it as that.

With all the old legacy stuff in there now, the fx list for the helix is kinda ridiculously huge lol

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I LOVE the new amp, it cleans up soooo well with the volume pot, and actually gets a decent amount of drive out of it. Have to play with these delays but some sound cool.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was thinking I was crazy that the Das benzin Lead was sounding better, but indeed they did do a fix on it. It looks like the levels were out of whack before
  • Amp/Preamp > Das Benzin Lead channel output was set to -36dB instead of -24dB—FIXED

There are some other good bug fixes too
I am hearing really low levels on the legacy delays though. I'm not sure if it's just me or if other people are hearing that too. They seem waaay low even with the mix up.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
That new amp sounds really good. It's not a sound I use much, but I ended up just dicking around with a little chord progression for like 45 minutes when I landed on it. Some of those delays look fun even if I wouldn't have much of a musical use for them and I'll take all the dynamic verbs they want to throw in there.
Do people find there are actually holes in the high gain options, or is it just a more is more type thing?

')