Line 6 POD HD Pro Live?

• Thread starter IbanezShreds
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezShreds

Reaction score
Would I be better off running my POD through a power amp, or use my 5150 as a power amp?

Also, how do I go about running it though a power amp.

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm just getting into finding my sound.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
i run my pod hd pro through a power amp. The sound is absolutely devastating.. Especially through my rectifier cab ^^

IbanezShreds

Reaction score
Could you give me the run down on how to run it thought a poweramp to the cab?

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
If you tweak the Pod HD Pro, you'll have a killer tone without cabs or poweramps! I'd go from XLR output to FoH! Just try :)

Pat_tct

Reaction score
We ran our POD HD Pro live last week. Directly into the PA and from their we got a signal to our monitors. The sound was great. even without poweramp/box.

It maybe sounded a little to perfect.... but it's more of the uber-tight setting we were using

samclarke669

Reaction score
I used an X3 Live last night into my Bugera's power amp, sounded ridiculously good! Looking to change to an HD pro and some form of power amp too..

IbanezShreds

Reaction score
which out do i plug into the back to the cab that im using/PA? and if I decide to use a poweramp where does that one go in?

once again, sorry for the stupid questions. not much time nowadays to play around with this stuff

samclarke666

Reaction score
Last night i used the FX loop return from my bugera combo, that bypasses the preamp, would be the same on any amp with an FX loop. If you're using a standalone power amp, it just has ins/outs, fairly straightforward as far as i remember....

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
I use an XT Pro with a Carvin DCM 600 power amp, but it's simple. Use the Left and Right output jacks on the back of the POD Pro, plug those into the Left and Right (OR 1 and 2) inputs of your power amp. Then plug the power amp outputs to your cabinet. It's that simple.

I've never used my POD Pro through an FX loop so maybe one of the other guys can help you out with that. If you need me to I can snap a pic for you.

chimp_spanner

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Ran an HD500 direct to desk on the Contortionist tour I just got through with - sounded amazing pretty much every night. Some venues could've done with some loudness on stage though. I have heard some great things about the new Stage Line powered speakers from Line 6. 1300w PA speaker, stands about as tall as a 4x10 and by all accounts rivals a cab and power amp setup in terms of loudness, plus you get the full modelled sound too so you can still use any cab you want within the patch. Pricey, but worth investigating.

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score
I can confirm, even at a random divebar in Ft. Worth Paul's band's sound to FOH was absolutely killer. It definitely sounded just as good as, if not cleaner than, most of the other bands that played, and it seemed that the setup took less time as well.

One option I'm exploring is running my HD Pro to a powered monitor. There are many different sizes and powers so you could go for what you wanted. In addition, depending on where you're playing you could use it as a wedge monitor facing yourself, or as a speaker facing the crowd.

MiPwnYew

Reaction score
I can confirm, even at a random divebar in Ft. Worth Paul's band's sound to FOH was absolutely killer. It definitely sounded just as good as, if not cleaner than, most of the other bands that played, and it seemed that the setup took less time as well.

That was my first time going to Tom Cats West in Ft Worth and it was uhhh... smaller and different than I was expecting :ugh:. Looked like an old skating rink from outside :lol:.

Paul sounded great though!

Reaction score
I use my XT Live through a velocity 300 and it sounds great. I'm extremely familiar with the HD, having extensively used one, and if anything it'd sound even better through a power amp.

If you went direct, I'm not sure if it'd catch the same rawness that you get from a live cab. You might be looking for that kind of tone or not. Who knows?
Experiment a bit and find what you like best.

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
Hi all!

I have some difficulties with getting my home/studio patch sound decent in live foh situations.
When I tweak it at home with my headphones it sounds awesome. Also when I play it back on my stereo system.

BUT when I send that signal via XLR to the FOH in live situations the sound is very much plastic, fizzy, generic with too much gain.
Then I tame the highs and gain a bit and it is OK but it is not what I'm getting back home and on recordings.

I'm thinking going back on tube poweramp / cab micing live cause it seems way easier solution.

Does anyone else had similar experiences or is it just me? Or most PA systems where I play suck cause there is one time when everything sounded perfect.

Nemonic

Reaction score
I do not have similar experiences. What I know is that you tweak differently when using different monitoring system. The key is in tweaking with bass.
Sound tweaked when using 8" nearfields would possibly require tweaking when used at 15" PA system. I think that the bugger the size difference is, the more you would have to tweak.
Try to copy it to another bank, then start tweaking. Try brighter cab, less gain, less bass.

')