btbamthewell

Reaction score
Check your control panel settings, change your sound input to HD500 and sound output to internal speakers.

Or change your sound output to HD500 and use headphones through it. Whatever you want to do :shred:

Thanks...There's like half a second delay from what I play and when it comes out...is this normal?

Must get a set of decent headphones....anyone any recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
latency issues can be a result of a number of things, most probably due to the simple fact that the computer isnt grunty enough.

Invest in a good set of headphones, or speakers and set the input and output to the HD500, connect the headphones/monitors/speakers to the HD500. That's what I do when I record via my macbook/repear/superior drummer. Totally resolves any latency issues.

btbamthewell

Reaction score
latency issues can be a result of a number of things, most probably due to the simple fact that the computer isnt grunty enough.

Invest in a good set of headphones, or speakers and set the input and output to the HD500, connect the headphones/monitors/speakers to the HD500. That's what I do when I record via my macbook/repear/superior drummer. Totally resolves any latency issues.

Thanks for the help buddy, much appreciated! Weird that i'm having latency issues with my laptop....it's 2.8ghz core i5 and 6 gb ram:scratch:

Reaction score
Hey guys, whenever I try to loop something with my HD300, the volume always cuts in and out whenever I try to play along with the loop. I'm using the latest firmware and HD300 updates. My signal path is guitar > POD HD300 > 6505+, nothing fancy. Anybody know how to fix it? Thanks!

meambobbo

Reaction score
For latency that computer sounds like it can hang no prob. Look in the driver control panel for a buffer setting and set it as low as possible. At the lowest settings it might cause clicks or dropouts. Then increase it until it doesn't. Also if using USB make sure it's at least USB 2.0 port not 1 although I doubt that caliber of computer has any 1.0 ports.

Just remember that latency is a setting. It's when u don't use enough latency that performance comes into play

primitiverebelworld

Reaction score
ASIO4ALL - Universal ASIO Driver

maybe this should help? I have line6 UX1, PodFarm and 6 years old computer. Everything works fine. In FL Studio I have 5ms latency with no crashes. Often its not your hardware thats slow but driver is not right.

I f I remember correctly there should be proper Asio driver included with Line 6 products? You should have no problems with i5 2,8ghz except maybe soundcard. If you connect HD500 or something to a laptop wouldnt you select this device to be your soundcard? This may sound like bullshit though because I own neither Pod HD(I will) or laptop. Just trying to help :)

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
MF_Kitten thanks for the patch but what cabs are you using? when I turn the cabs on pod has dsp overload...

hahaha, yeah, that's gunna happen! i use impulses, not the onboard cab models. So i use all the power of the POD on the tone, and none on the cab. i really don't get along with the cab modelling on the POD HD series.

btbamthewell

Reaction score
For latency that computer sounds like it can hang no prob. Look in the driver control panel for a buffer setting and set it as low as possible. At the lowest settings it might cause clicks or dropouts. Then increase it until it doesn't. Also if using USB make sure it's at least USB 2.0 port not 1 although I doubt that caliber of computer has any 1.0 ports.

Just remember that latency is a setting. It's when u don't use enough latency that performance comes into play

I can do this from control panel? I can't see to find anything. All i've been able to do is set the playback to my speakers and recording device to pod hd. I'm not using any DAW.

Tom 1.0

Djizz.
Reaction score
Selling my 300 for £200 posted....

drop me a PM if anybody is interested :)

btbamthewell

Reaction score
A DAW is just a computer. They used to be different things but most DAW's nowadays are just computers.

look at the screen grabs from here:
Community: How do I hear backing track AND my Pod HD when connected to PC?

you should be able to get to that.

Thanks again for the help. I guess I just need to get some decent recording software + studio headphones.

I do just have a few more questions (pilots handbook is useless!).

• "Guitar In" - If using just the guitar I should set to "normal"?
  • "XLR" - this is for buzzing/grounding issues? I've tried changing between lift and ground and noticed no difference. Which state should I leave it in as default?
  • "1/4" Out" - Should be "line" if using USB and nothing else?
  • Input - Does it matter if it's set to just "guitar" or "guitar+aux+varx"?
  • Output - Should just be "studio direct" if only using USB?

meambobbo

Reaction score
"Guitar In" - If using just the guitar I should set to "normal"?
i don't like the pad setting so I use normal, but if you find your input is too hot, it can be a little useful

"XLR" - this is for buzzing/grounding issues? I've tried changing between lift and ground and noticed no difference. Which state should I leave it in as default?
XLR is a balanced line, which is much less susceptible to interference compared to unbalanced outputs. the 1/4" output is unbalanced. If you are running longer stretches of cable or just want to guarantee you're not picking up interference, use the XLR. just be aware the XLR outputs do not sum to mono - you need to two cables to get both the left and right output. the lift/ground can ground the device or lift the ground, which is useful to avoid ground loops that may occur when connecting the Pod to another device.

"1/4" Out" - Should be "line" if using USB and nothing else?
if you're using USB and not the 1/4" out, this doesn't matter at all. neither does the lift/ground. use "line" when using the 1/4" out, unless you are running to the front of an amp, or you are running into something else that cannot take that hot of a signal. I prefer to roll back the MASTER knob before switching to "amp" though - basically the same thing.

Input - Does it matter if it's set to just "guitar" or "guitar+aux+varx"?
yes - selecting unused inputs will increase the amount of noise in the signal at the input and degrade tone. Only select inputs you are using.

Output - Should just be "studio direct" if only using USB?
Unless you are using external IR's in your computer/DAW, yes, set it to studio/direct and be sure your patches use a cab (not "no cab").

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
How is the HD Pro as far as an interface?

Would it be better to use the Pro or run it through my Presonus Firebox?

Apologies if this has been covered...its a big thread...:lol:

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Hey guys, do any of you use other pedals with the POD HD? I'm thinking of picking up another Fuzz Factory, obviously there are some pedals which do things that nothing else can. Where do you place them if you do use them?

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I run a Green Screamer in front of mine sometimes. (Yes, with the TS model at the same time, sounds good to me and makes it tight.) Can't comment on the routing because I have a 300 so there's only one way to do it.

I'll have to check out putting a fuzz in front though. I always thought the onboard fuzzes weren't that great.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I run a Green Screamer in front of mine sometimes. (Yes, with the TS model at the same time, sounds good to me and makes it tight.) Can't comment on the routing because I have a 300 so there's only one way to do it.

I'll have to check out putting a fuzz in front though. I always thought the onboard fuzzes weren't that great.

Hey cool thanks, makes sense it would go in the front, i have a 500 do i'm wondering if a send/return would make sense as well.

boltzthrower

Reaction score
I can't seem to get what I want out of the high pass filter. Once I get it to tighten the tone up to my liking, it makes it sound too thin overall, and if I try compensating with EQ it just seems to muddy it up. Can anyone recommend some filter settings?

My patch is like Gate>Screamer>HP Filter>Amp>EQ. I'm hoping to get it to behave like the high pass filter on the AXE FX, which has proven to be the ultimate tonal donkey punch.

Latest posts

')