MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Hum off? You mean 50%. I like 55% for a more Mesa mark tone where I don't use a screamer but a mid focus eq. I actually like 75% for the 5150 tone. Makes it a bit more aggressive but you have to watch out for leads bc increasing hum can lead to ghost notes and microphonic type feedback.

actually, all the "hum" setting does is emulate 60 cycle hum noise. it doesn't change any of the other characteristics. it just makes a humming noise.

So i turn that off.

What you're probably thinking of is the Sag setting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

meambobbo

Reaction score
No it's hum and it actually adjusts the ripple plate voltage simulation in the model. For many models it has little effect. The uber sounds way different. It is definitely not simply the amount of 60 hz ac hum.

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Thrash metal by xcaptainx on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Found something on my computer I recorded about 7-8 months ago. Using the engl amp I think, this was before 2.0 came out so no deep cab editing.

Just a work in progress, gotta expand on it lots more.

Spend today expanding on this idea some more.

Dorsia - Demo track 1 by xcaptainx on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

New guitar tracks are using my D.I patch. Main difference between this and the previous take is 2.0 firmware/deep editing. Also the bass on the updated track is using the HD500 (previous one was using Metal Amp Room VST)

Still learning how to record stuff at home properly, but it's a lot of fun.

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
Spend today expanding on this idea some more.

Dorsia - Demo track 1 by xcaptainx on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

New guitar tracks are using my D.I patch. Main difference between this and the previous take is 2.0 firmware/deep editing. Also the bass on the updated track is using the HD500 (previous one was using Metal Amp Room VST)

Still learning how to record stuff at home properly, but it's a lot of fun.

1:18

Not sure what 80's thrash band that reminds me of but I really like it

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
No it's hum and it actually adjusts the ripple plate voltage simulation in the model. For many models it has little effect. The uber sounds way different. It is definitely not simply the amount of 60 hz ac hum.

Wow, in that case the line 6 folk i've spoken to haven't been very informative! They said it was there to emulate the humming noise from old amps :lol:

Gotta go try it out!

ArrowHead

Reaction score
They said it was there to emulate the humming noise from old amps :lol:

It is. You got the what right, you were just off on the how. It emulates that 60 cycle hum, but when you start playing with the knob you can get some pretty interesting reactions from the amp. It even describes this a bit in the manual.

As Meambobbo said - it can be a completely different effect depending which amp you're using. Some give you some weird alien noises, where other it seems to have no effect at all.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Messed around some more with the pod, it's sounding HUGE now!
One guitar per side(Left/Right) and drums, no bass or post processing. :D

Just random riffery/idea tossing, trying to come up with something useable for a new song, so don't criticize my songwriting just yet!

Totla progress by Chris Larsen 1 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

That's a good tone. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I've messed with recabinet (demo) just to see if it's worth my time and I can't get anything close to that. So I've stuck with the onboard. Ive had pretty good results with them, but I want amazing, not pretty good lol

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
It is. You got the what right, you were just off on the how. It emulates that 60 cycle hum, but when you start playing with the knob you can get some pretty interesting reactions from the amp. It even describes this a bit in the manual.

As Meambobbo said - it can be a completely different effect depending which amp you're using. Some give you some weird alien noises, where other it seems to have no effect at all.

well, if it alters how the amp sounds or reacts, then they neglected the important part of it.

Also, the power amp features didn't exist when i first got the HD500, so it's not in my manual :lol:

itsallinmyh3ad

...Made me do it.
Reaction score

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
worked on another track today with my usual patches and my Ibanez RGA8. this one is more Deathcore than the previous ones, but still a good tone sample. rhythm guitars and drums completed, writing lyrics right now.

the track is called Cannibalistic Genocide and its about the bath salts drug.

Cannibalistic Genocide (Preview) by RickyCigs on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

let me know how it sounds!! this one was a lot harder to track than the rest because its quite a bit faster lol

')