This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cyb

Tune Low Play Slow
Reaction score
heads up: the HD500 is on hellomusic.com for $398+shipping but it's almost sold out. I've seen it go as low as $350 in the past on there, though.

Purelojik

Reaction score
so i dont know if this has already been shared but putting a mid focus EQ before the amp just beefs everything up. i dont even tweak any of the settings.

here's some patches for all of you. i'll post the guitar and pickup combo used as well:

Seven String Baritone tuned to Standard Flat - Mahog body (darker) aftermath

Six string RGA121 mahog maple - ceramic nailbomb tuned Standard flat

I dunno i love the way it sounds for me. hopefully its usable to others as well.

i was just going for a tight and almost mix ready sound so i would only have to do minimal shit in the DAW.

Hope you like em.

geoffshreds

Reaction score
everyone, i updated the dualCabs.h5s setlist I posted back on page 134. Here's a direct link:
http://foobazaar.com/podhd/patches/dualCabs/hd500/dualCabs.h5s

geoff, here's the new patches individually:
Index of /podhd/patches/dualCabs/bean

and for pro users:
Index of /podhd/patches/dualCabs/pro

I'll try to make them into a setlist later today. the filename legend is 2_X_Yy_Zz[dr], where 2 means dual cab, X is the amp used (R for Recto in this case), Y is the Channel A Cab and y the mic (R- for Rectifier 4x12 with 57 on axis in this case), Z is the Channel B cab and z the mic (H = Hiway, U = Uber, G = Greenbacks, X = XXL, T = T75; / = 57 off axis, 9 = 409 Dyn, 4 = 4038 Ribbon, 1 = 121 Ribbon), and the optional d and r indicate if the patch has delay, reverb, or both.

took me awhile to decide.. but my favorites were 2_R_R-_G4 2_R_R-_Gd and 2_R_R-H4r everything sounded smooth/tight and crisp...i don't have any of your single amp patches to compare. but compared to other peoples single amp patches they sound fuller..more "alive" i guess you could say. i love that nasty death metal, i prefer a little more gain than what you use, so i dialed that up a bit. also i like a little more on the low end. i don't know if its just me, but it seems that 90% of patches i hear/download have little to almost non-existent low end in their tones. are people just leaving room for the bass to fill that job in the mix? because i like to use the pod like i would a real amp; dial it in just like one. it seems like a lot of people dial in their tones based on a one note ""djenty"" staccato riff.. which can sound cool but when used for anything other than that, sounds like ripping paper lol.
but yeah man, i don't know how you have the time to do all your research and everything but its great work.

geoffshreds

Reaction score
so i dont know if this has already been shared but putting a mid focus EQ before the amp just beefs everything up. i dont even tweak any of the settings.

here's some patches for all of you. i'll post the guitar and pickup combo used as well:

Seven String Baritone tuned to Standard Flat - Mahog body (darker) aftermath

Six string RGA121 mahog maple - ceramic nailbomb tuned Standard flat

I dunno i love the way it sounds for me. hopefully its usable to others as well.

i was just going for a tight and almost mix ready sound so i would only have to do minimal shit in the DAW.

Hope you like em.

needed more low end for my taste. turned down the low cut on the cab parameters and boosted bass on the amp. didn't need that much on the nail bomb, but had to take the bass up to 100 on the mahog7str to make it usable lol. thanks for sharing

Purelojik

Reaction score
needed more low end for my taste. turned down the low cut on the cab parameters and boosted bass on the amp. didn't need that much on the nail bomb, but had to take the bass up to 100 on the mahog7str to make it usable lol. thanks for sharing

np like i said, that sevn string patch is for my homemade 7 which when creating patches ended up being super dark. so the low end needed to be removed significantly otherwise it'd sound boomy. and that RGA is a surprisngly bright guitar. I also dont use any of these live, just recording. saves me a band while Eq'ing/

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Before I go and create a separate thread, just curious if anyone has any input on my question on pg. 136 of this thread? Sorry, I know it's kinda mundane, but I'd love to use the HD's looper features if possible... without dropping $200 on an FBV I'll otherwise not use much.

meambobbo

Reaction score
swweeet. thank man! just got them loaded in hd edit. messed around with a few, sounding good man. sound really tight. i dialed up the gain a little though. ill have more time to play with them later today. appreciate your efforts man.

no problem. yes - i like more gain as well, but since it's a proof-of-concept for a wide range of people, i tried to keep them in neutral ground, even though I am using the Rectifier amp model and 4x12 cabs.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Before I go and create a separate thread, just curious if anyone has any input on my question on pg. 136 of this thread? Sorry, I know it's kinda mundane, but I'd love to use the HD's looper features if possible... without dropping $200 on an FBV I'll otherwise not use much.
I've read about it in conjunction with the bean, which I'll assume will function the same as the pro. Apparently, you have some control of looper functions with the express if you manually activate the looper on the pod first. So, you can't just tap it on with your feet, but once it's activated you'll have some control over it.

Seems the fancy FBVs are still needed for it to really function correctly.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
I've read about it in conjunction with the bean, which I'll assume will function the same as the pro. Apparently, you have some control of looper functions with the express if you manually activate the looper on the pod first. So, you can't just tap it on with your feet, but once it's activated you'll have some control over it.

Seems the fancy FBVs are still needed for it to really function correctly.

Thanks for the info. Hmm, I'm just not seeing any way to access the looper functions on the unit itself. It's as if they don't even become accessible unless you plug in one of the big pedal boards I mentioned in my OP.

I'll plug my Express pedal in again, and fart with the settings on the unit some more and try again to somehow enable them. So far, no luck. :wallbash:

meambobbo

Reaction score
took me awhile to decide.. but my favorites were 2_R_R-_G4 2_R_R-_Gd and 2_R_R-H4r everything sounded smooth/tight and crisp...i don't have any of your single amp patches to compare. but compared to other peoples single amp patches they sound fuller..more "alive" i guess you could say. i love that nasty death metal, i prefer a little more gain than what you use, so i dialed that up a bit. also i like a little more on the low end. i don't know if its just me, but it seems that 90% of patches i hear/download have little to almost non-existent low end in their tones. are people just leaving room for the bass to fill that job in the mix? because i like to use the pod like i would a real amp; dial it in just like one. it seems like a lot of people dial in their tones based on a one note ""djenty"" staccato riff.. which can sound cool but when used for anything other than that, sounds like ripping paper lol.
but yeah man, i don't know how you have the time to do all your research and everything but its great work.

This just made me notice my naming convention doesn't work for URL's - the "/" I use for off axis mic gets dropped. I'll have to change that to something else...

FWIW my favorite right now is the Tread V-30 and on axis mixed with the Hiway and 121 Ribbon.

DMONSTER

SS.org Dweller
Reaction score
did you try those Uber/L6 Drive settings I suggested. I agree it'd be better to have the actual amp model, but in the meantime...

I can say that those settings you posted replicate a 5150 pretty damn good i could post what ive got for those who wanna try what ive dialed in

brector

Reaction score
nope! But I can't find them...
Put a Line 6 Drive in front of an Uber with the following settings:
Drive 0, Bass 30, Mids 70, Treble 75, Output 100

Adjust the Amp DEPs on the Uber as follows:
Master:45, Sag: 60, Hum: 60, Bias: 40, Bias X: 60

From a page or so back

-Brian

meambobbo

Reaction score

Thanks, Dan!!!! Clip sounded teh brootz as per yoozh

I need to make a dual cab version to get killer chugga chug bass. Actually, I need to do it for the whole dual cabs setlist. I much prefer the fake 5150 tone over the Dual Recto tone I dialed in.

Zei

Reaction score
')