guitarfreak1387

squirrel chaser
Reaction score
Im beyond dumbfounded right now. went to update my hd500 a little bit ago and for some reason i kept getting a 404 when i try. this is on any download i have tried from line6. iv tried disabling what they say to try and no help. so i deleted monkey,driver, and edit and just tried to re download everything all over again. and guess what?

getting 404 page now found. and iv tried doing this on 3 different browsers now.

anyone have any idea on what i can do? really wanna try out the new stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

geet752

Reaction score
Here is a quick pod hd 500 death metal test for you guys using the new amp model line 6 epic..
no post processing on guitars, so what i play is what you hear.

guitarfreak1387

squirrel chaser
Reaction score
after a little bit more searching on whats wrong i found out what it is and still confused that i was able to do the downloads when i first got them.

supposedly I cant download the stuff cus i have a satellite internet connection....yet as i stated before i was able to download the stuff when i first got my hd. the thread with the info was on line6 and was from back in 06. guess im kinda screwed.....

Shask

Reaction score
after a little bit more searching on whats wrong i found out what it is and still confused that i was able to do the downloads when i first got them.

supposedly I cant download the stuff cus i have a satellite internet connection....yet as i stated before i was able to download the stuff when i first got my hd. the thread with the info was on line6 and was from back in 06. guess im kinda screwed.....
Just go to a library or something and download the files onto a usb flash drive. You can then install it from that file...

Allealex

Reaction score
Lollo, ho visto che sei italiano. Vorrei chiederti che tipo di musica suoni sull'hd pro e se ci sono differenze tra questo e il 500. grazie!

What kind of music do you play with the pod hd? what are the differences between this and the 500? thanks!

meambobbo

Reaction score
How I can get a "Autotheism" sound from my HD Pro with SD Invaders? Can't tweak something close... :wallbash::wallbash:

Sounds like a Screamer max Tone, cut Bass, maybe cut Treble too. No Drive whatsoever. Maybe even use a Volume pedal in front to cut before the Screamer so that it does absolutely no distortion. Then use the ENGL amp, boost mids and leave everything else around 50%.

edit: maybe also try the SLO Overdrive/Crunch or the Treadplate with light Drive. and maybe throw a compressor in there if you can't get enough sustain/compression

I mean the tone sounds almost like a cocked wah to my ear, yes?

btw, don't know how i missed this album - every song thus far is freakin awesome

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I can't get the SLO or Epic to get me close to what I have dialed in with my Engl patches (I could be doing it wrong) but the tone I'm using is just what I'm looking for (for the most part).

surfthealien

Reaction score
The slo took me a couple of days of messing with it and consulting bobo's guide to dial in something I liked. I would say first are you a fan of real deal slo tones? I think it helps a lot to have a goal tone in your head then work towards that.

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
Lollo, ho visto che sei italiano. Vorrei chiederti che tipo di musica suoni sull'hd pro e se ci sono differenze tra questo e il 500. grazie!

What kind of music do you play with the pod hd? what are the differences between this and the 500? thanks!

I play Technical Death with some Brutal infuences. But I use it to play anything I want (from Djent to Pink Floyd) :lol: Tha main difference is that the Pro has more I/O options (POD HD | Line 6) but the amp models and FX are the same. If you don't want to buy an FBV (like I did) for controlling patches, get the 500!

Sounds like a Screamer max Tone, cut Bass, maybe cut Treble too. No Drive whatsoever. Maybe even use a Volume pedal in front to cut before the Screamer so that it does absolutely no distortion. Then use the ENGL amp, boost mids and leave everything else around 50%.

edit: maybe also try the SLO Overdrive/Crunch or the Treadplate with light Drive. and maybe throw a compressor in there if you can't get enough sustain/compression

I mean the tone sounds almost like a cocked wah to my ear, yes?

btw, don't know how i missed this album - every song thus far is freakin awesome

Thanks Bobbo :D

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone have any good, free v30 impulses that they wanna share? I've decided to branch out from just my pod since I don't play live or in any bands, and I'm not ready to shell out for the redwirez impulses yet when I need to upgrade from ezdrummer to superior ;)

meambobbo

Reaction score
btw I tried out something similar to those settings for a M Keene tone and they do work fairly well. I went > Tube Comp > L6 Drive > FBall > Param EQ > Mid-Focus EQ.

It wouldn't hurt to throw a touch of reverb in there too.

I set Sag to 0%.

I cut bass and treble on the L6 Drive and set the Mids to around 60-70%. That's definitely the key to getting his tone - especially cutting lots of bass. And substituting compression in for amp gain.

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score
A lot of very impressive stuff you guys are creating with the POD HDs!

If anyone is looking for some demos of the POD HD (Pro) in action, with dif types of styles, check out my soundcloud in my signature. Nothing special, just a decent showcase of the diversity of the POD. Recording with this thing is VERY fun and I definitely recommend trying the unit out for anyone unsure!

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score

Your type of broadban shouldn't matter, have you tried cleaning out your browser cookies and cache? Disable your anti-virus software?

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
btw I tried out something similar to those settings for a M Keene tone and they do work fairly well. I went > Tube Comp > L6 Drive > FBall > Param EQ > Mid-Focus EQ.

It wouldn't hurt to throw a touch of reverb in there too.

I set Sag to 0%.

I cut bass and treble on the L6 Drive and set the Mids to around 60-70%. That's definitely the key to getting his tone - especially cutting lots of bass. And substituting compression in for amp gain.

I'm tweaking it right right now and it sounds very close :yesway: You are the Pod HD Messiah!!

Shask

Reaction score
I can't get the SLO or Epic to get me close to what I have dialed in with my Engl patches (I could be doing it wrong) but the tone I'm using is just what I'm looking for (for the most part).
I find that I like the Epic model, but for some weird reason it sounds better with the master DEP really high. All of the other amps are better with it very low, but Epic is opposite.

I have not really found anything I love about the SLO. But, it is usually not one of my favorite models anyways on any unit....

')