Alex6534

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone got a good Jeff Loomis type lead? Also with wah enabled preferably, or just a good lead with wah equipped on the expression pedal

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JoshDjent

SS's Only DemiGod
Reaction score
Okay so I have been thinking about finally getting a decent amp as an xmas present to myself. I was going back and forth between the bugera infinium 333xl and 6262 amp and the Pod HD500. Now I am pretty set on the pod for it's versatility/functionality. I've been wanting to start recording for years and the pod seems like a decent place to start. Although the bugeras would probably give me more of the raw/beefy tone I'm after, tons of bands and solo artists I listen to use the hd500/pro exclusively. And I would only be able to use the amp a few hours out of the day. I just basically want to know what exactly I need to get with it to start playing/recording. Do I just need to hook it up to my computer or do I need some kind of interface and special cables etc? I know it comes with the actual program to get your tone and use effects etc (pod farm i think?) but do I need to do anything to my computer? It's not the best, and I do plan on building a pc in the next few months, but will any comp do? Would I need a new soundcard or is it pretty much plug and play out of the box? And would I be able to hook it up to my shit spider 10w and use that as a speaker?

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Does anybody of you have an idea how to get something similar to Bulb's lead tone on the HD500?

I will get toontracks new EXmix pack which had an amp sim with that lead tone, to get an idea what tone I mean, check out the audio demo called 'Misha Ampy Lead' on Toontracks page: Toontrack - Metal Guitar Gods EZmix Pack

If possible I would love to achieve a tone like that on the HD500, I just don't have a clue how to get there....

any tips/clues would be very much appreciated!

could anybody give me some pointers on how to achieve this kind of sound with the HD500?:wavey:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Okay so I have been thinking about finally getting a decent amp as an xmas present to myself. I was going back and forth between the bugera infinium 333xl and 6262 amp and the Pod HD500. Now I am pretty set on the pod for it's versatility/functionality. I've been wanting to start recording for years and the pod seems like a decent place to start. Although the bugeras would probably give me more of the raw/beefy tone I'm after, tons of bands and solo artists I listen to use the hd500/pro exclusively. And I would only be able to use the amp a few hours out of the day. I just basically want to know what exactly I need to get with it to start playing/recording. Do I just need to hook it up to my computer or do I need some kind of interface and special cables etc? I know it comes with the actual program to get your tone and use effects etc (pod farm i think?) but do I need to do anything to my computer? It's not the best, and I do plan on building a pc in the next few months, but will any comp do? Would I need a new soundcard or is it pretty much plug and play out of the box? And would I be able to hook it up to my shit spider 10w and use that as a speaker?

90% of what you just asked is right on the line6 website.

To sums things up though, the pod is an interface. An interface works as your sound card so you don't even need one in the computer. Most computers from the last 5 years have more than enough to do basic recording.

Don't waste your money on a bugera. In 2 years, your pod will still work the exact same and won't have wasted your money on tubes and/or repairs. Also, I'm quite positive that I've got much "beefier" tones from my pod than you would a garbage bugera.

And yes, you can hook it up to your spider, but it won't sound as good as going into a decent power amp or PA speaker.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone got a good Jeff Loomis type lead? Also with wah enabled preferably, or just a good lead with wah equipped on the expression pedal

Interesting thought based on the comment about transposing a pod patch to axe-fx, why not try and find loomis' patch for axe-fx and go the other way around. The wah can be added to any patch as well as you can set the expression pedal to control nearly anything.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience using their POD live? If so, what did you use to amplify it? Im wondering if my HD500 would work as well in a live setting as it does in the studio/bedroom :shred:

pathos45

Reaction score

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone w a decent sounding patch using the RG8 stock pups, share that shiz...shiv

Decent sounding and stock rga8 pickups don't belong in the same sentence. Get some new pickups and any patch will sound good. Some d-activator 8's for example. I love mine even more than ever recently and I know meambobbo really likes his.

The pickups are what separate the rga8 from the rg2228 the most.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
I'm actually asking this question on behalf of my dad, who wants to get an HD500.
Is it possible to get resonator sounds with an HD500? He plays rhythm in a country band, and one of the songs that they are covering uses a resonator guitar.
Thank you in advance for any assistance that you can give.
EDIT: I should probably mention that he will be playing an acoustic-electric.

Reaction score
I'm actually asking this question on behalf of my dad, who wants to get an HD500.
Is it possible to get resonator sounds with an HD500? He plays rhythm in a country band, and one of the songs that they are covering uses a resonator guitar.
Thank you in advance for any assistance that you can give.
EDIT: I should probably mention that he will be playing an acoustic-electric.

I imagine you could pull it off somehow! I know there are some people that have made sitar patches so I don't think it would be very hard to pull off the tone of a resonator. Also, Ive been able to get some really nice county tones in the vein of John Meyer with my HD pro!

')