Zehailiu

Reaction score
First check your input settings. I am not sure what settings the bean has, but the HD500 has several settings. Set input 2 to Variax. If you dont have Variax try a few settings because the default is same which doubles the input volume and clips things easily.

Second ditch the headphones. It could be the headphones clipping because the POD HD is very picky about headphones. It wants a certain impedance, and is known to act weird outside of that range. Besides, guitar through headphones suck, IMO. It always sounds horrible regardless of what unit you use.

Third I would start with a blank "new tone" patch. Slowly add things one at a time and see where the clipping starts.

Fourth on the mixer pan path A to center and path B to mute. The mixer does some weird things to the signal and it is best to avoid its weirdness. Only use both paths if you are using 2 amps.

I personally would never use an old firmware on any unit.... they update them for a reason....

I tried all those, but in a solution totally out of the left field, it turned out to be a dying battery...
I replaced the battery, and did the 18v mod while I was at it, now it's all good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

facepalm66

The Master of Joints
Reaction score
Can someone give me a honest answer: this or the 11r? the price range isnt as big, and I don't really care about several more effects, i'm into the sound of a hi - gain amp. Both guitar and bass. Thanks!
I've been surfing the net, and found both units sounding decent, and really can't find any 'turning point' reviews.. Please, help me out.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I have on youtube. IMO the SLO could be great but it's WAYYY compressed.

Try running just the preamp model into some cabinet impulses. I run pretty much all pre-models since I use it with a DT25, but the compression seems to come from the power amp simulation for that model.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Try running just the preamp model into some cabinet impulses. I run pretty much all pre-models since I use it with a DT25, but the compression seems to come from the power amp simulation for that model.

Ah I see, I'll give that a go!

Either way, I still think it's weird that people say the 11r can't do high gain? There are lots of examples on youtube, it's just less prevalent likely because of the whole protools proprietary issue. 'Course we all know the HD's can do high gain just fine. :p

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
More or less a PSA:

Meambobo's Vai Patch (with a little tweaking) is pretty much an awesome all-around sound if you like mid-voiced high gain amps (think Scale the Summit, but a hair warmer)

Insinfier

Reaction score
My Alto TS115A is almost here! Anything I should know so I don't break it? I'm not sure if I should have the switch on the back of the HD Pro XLR outputs to mic level or line level. Same for the TS115A. It has a line volume and mic volume. I'm so clueless. :(

SDSM

Reaction score
Anyone have a cool bass patch for the HD that you use for recordings?

Zehailiu

Reaction score
Go into the settings and set Input 1 to Guitar and Input 2 to Variax or something else entirely if you haven't done so already.

Oh no I've already fixed my noise/clipping issues.
I'm asking if anyone has experience replicating the timbre of a piano with guitar and pod hd.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
you'll want a smooth high end (lower treble), and a big low mid focus. Turn down bass, be careful with the mids knob, and boost presence a bit to get some air. Use one of the EQ's to do a wide boost around 2-400 hz somewhere. Use your neck pickup. Play with fingers.

Other than that, there's not too much you can really do.

Insinfier

Reaction score
Sweet Raptor Lord. I underestimated the size of this Alto TS115A.

I need to order another one.

TallestFiddle

Reaction score
@purelojik I think that's one way to really cut down on the fuzz and make the sound a lot bigger. I recently did that also and I love the sound I got.

also I learned from meambobo that using 2 different cabs on the same amp works really nicely to make the sound more full.

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

')