Chuck

Reaction score
I have a couple extremely noobish questions:

I'm looking into getting a POD HD Pro. That much is for certain. I'm also looking for a power amp, and am thinking of something along the lines of a Mesa Boogie 2:90. The problem is, I've never messed around with a rack setup. I was thinking that's all I would need to have a "head" of sorts, that I could run into a cabinet, as well as plug into my computer via USB to do direct recording.

But then I read that some people have power conditioners. Would I need to invest in something like that? I'm not even sure what one does, or why I would need it (I'm very green when it comes to electronics). I'd like to get the HD Pro, 2:90, and put it in a gator rack case and be done with it. Is it as simple as that?

Also, does anybody have any experience with the 2:90?

(Sorry for all the green questions, and thanks for any answer or guidance)

Why not go FRFR instead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Flat range full response. Basically getting some sweet monitors instead of a power amp and cab. The monitors, being flat response, won't color your tone like a cab and power amp surely will. Plus a couple of monitors are way more convenient than a cab.

stringzoffury

Reaction score
The Alto TS115A/TS112A seem to be very popular among users of ALL modelers and are cheap in comparison to the QSC K12 which also seems to be pretty popular but costs over twice as much. I haven't tried either myself, but I'm also looking into them, so that's what others have suggested for me.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I own a TS112A and it's the perfect match. Plus, since it's active, you can take the power amp out of your bill and put it towards something else. And YES, people with Axe FX's use them as well :) If you are skeptical, then just take your rig to the nearest GC and try it out! That's what I did and that same day I left the store with a speaker :lol:

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
How reliable are these? Just doing some quick searches, and people are blowing them out in the first week. I plan on really cranking it.

Chuck

Reaction score
Wtf? I've heard nothing bad about the quality or about people blowing them out. I haven't had any problems with mine and you probably won't need to ever get it past 65-70% max volume

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Wtf? I've heard nothing bad about the quality or about people blowing them out. I haven't had any problems with mine and you probably won't need to ever get it past 65-70% max volume

Agreed, these things are pretty loud. I've had mine for a month(ish) and it's been through many band practices with a hard hitting drummer, 2 other guitars, a bass, and a key player. It's doing great for me. I just want another for the stereo too :cool:

Chuck

Reaction score
Agreed, these things are pretty loud. I've had mine for a month(ish) and it's been through many band practices with a hard hitting drummer, 2 other guitars, a bass, and a key player. It's doing great for me. I just want another for the stereo too :cool:

yeh, when I jammed with my drummer on Sunday, I actually drowned him out

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
I dunno...you can do a search just like I did --there are bad reviews out there.

But that's good to hear two people here who can vouch for them. I just have horrible luck with electronics, so I take any bad review under serious consideration. I may have to try one of these out in person. $300 isn't bad at all

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
Yeah, there's one on ebay right now for $212. I think I'm gonna grab it. Thanks guys!

Alex6534

Reaction score
Hey guys, just getting use to my pod hd500, just now I run into an Alto TS115A but was wondering if anybody here runs both 1/4 outputs to the monitor? Sounded beefier and more organic but only problem is I know that when it comes to live use I'll likely have to put output 2 back to Variax. Is there an easy way to switch outputs on the Pod's own interface?

EDIT: Also if someone has an awesome rhythm/lead patch(es) for a 7621 with CL/LF pickups would love to try it :D

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, just getting use to my pod hd500, just now I run into an Alto TS115A but was wondering if anybody here runs both 1/4 outputs to the monitor? Sounded beefier and more organic but only problem is I know that when it comes to live use I'll likely have to put output 2 back to Variax. Is there an easy way to switch outputs on the Pod's own interface?

EDIT: Also if someone has an awesome rhythm/lead patch(es) for a 7621 with CL/LF pickups would love to try it :D

The patches I keep posting were made on an rg927qm with a crunch lab. They're rhythm patches, but you could easily make a lead patch out of any of them.

Usernames sucks

Reaction score
Hi, i have been thinking about hooking my pod hd500 up to one of my studio monitors to practice (i have 2 krk rockit 5). I have my computer plugged in my audio interface, and my interface to the krks with trs or whatever it is called). But when i plug a single xlr to the xlr in on the krk, the volume is very low. Why? I have set it to studio/line.

')