meambobbo

Reaction score
Good to see your still keeping your sanity Bobbo! I may have to check some of these out.

I actually attempted to replicate the redwirez impulses I've been using on the pod with very little success, so I guess I'll stick to using external ir's since I'm another one that doesn't play live....

On that note, keep watch in the not too distant future as I'll be posting album versions of my tracks, or possibly even the whole album! Got myself a thick ass heavy kick drum sound to top everything off, so things are looking up!

I made an entire setlist where I EQ'ed the crap out of the HD cab/mics to sound similar to their RedWirez counterparts from a frequency response standpoint. It gets close but not 100%.

www.foobazaar.com/podhd/PodCabComp/

I find the dual cab technique works better - better SNR and highs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I made an entire setlist where I EQ'ed the crap out of the HD cab/mics to sound similar to their RedWirez counterparts from a frequency response standpoint. It gets close but not 100%.

www.foobazaar.com/podhd/PodCabComp/

I find the dual cab technique works better - better SNR and highs.

I was getting good results with the dual cab/same mic/same amp, but I've fallen for the eminence legend v12's and the pod just doesn't quite do them lol

jimwratt

Reaction score
I REALLY wish I had one of these :(. I have a Boss GT8 and it sucks. I've literally never had good metal tone. Feelsbadman

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
^ Yeah man, at least get an HD300. They may not be as flexible as the 500s, but they still sound amazing.

jimwratt

Reaction score
Time to sell the Boss...Boss, and get what you want.

Trust me, it's days are numbered. If you don't play metal, its GREAT, just like all the Boss stuff. Cleans and mid gains for days. But I have a Mesa Lonestar Special for an amp. That base is very well covered. Metal tones are what I don't have. I just don't have the money for fear right now. I want a a POD and an 8 string, but the economy is not cooperating with me.:wallbash:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I just thought I would mention that I've now officially been following this thread for 100 pages. Quite a milestone for me.....

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
^ Yeah man, at least get an HD300. They may not be as flexible as the 500s, but they still sound amazing.

I agree on the sound, but I disagree on settling for the 300. It is extremely limited. Listen to a guy that's been there, it is very much worth the wait for a 500 or a PRO because it will save you mountains of frustration in the long run.

jimwratt

Reaction score
I agree on the sound, but I disagree on settling for the 300. It is extremely limited. Listen to a guy that's been there, it is very much worth the wait for a 500 or a PRO because it will save you mountains of frustration in the long run.

I'd get one if it did the 4cm and the price difference between it and the 400 pretty much means its more sensible to do the 500. As far as I'm concerned, the 4cm should be a standard feature like the USB and headphone outputs.

Purelojik

Reaction score
I'd get one if it did the 4cm and the price difference between it and the 400 pretty much means its more sensible to do the 500. As far as I'm concerned, the 4cm should be a standard feature like the USB and headphone outputs.

your gonna get frustrated quickly. i feel the price for the 500/pro is because theres nothing holding it back lol. also check Hello Music. they are on there for less than in stores

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
I've thinking about getting a HD Pro. Question: For the xlr stereo out...does it have the ability to be different tones on each out?

Reaction score
I've thinking about getting a HD Pro. Question: For the xlr stereo out...does it have the ability to be different tones on each out?

XLR outs work the same way as regular stereo outs, just that they are low impedance. That doesn't make much difference if used in rehearsal/live scenarios. I'd use XLR only if I'm recording in studio and they don't have S/PDIF inputs (That won't happen, they do have S/PDIF inputs).

About the different tones, I guess you want dual-amps or dual lines. That is possible in every stereo output, whether is regular, XLR or S/PDIF.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
XLR outs work the same way as regular stereo outs, just that they are low impedance. That doesn't make much difference if used in rehearsal/live scenarios. I'd use XLR only if I'm recording in studio and they don't have S/PDIF inputs (That won't happen, they do have S/PDIF inputs).

About the different tones, I guess you want dual-amps or dual lines. That is possible in every stereo output, whether is regular, XLR or S/PDIF.
Cool, thx

JLP2005

Chief Knuckledragger
Reaction score
I know this might have been asked somewhere else in this thread, but has anyone ever been able to get a 5150ish tone out of the HD500?

I have a few ways I think I could get close to that amp's tone (SLO-100 w/ a good treble boost).

Anyone got any ideas?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I know this might have been asked somewhere else in this thread, but has anyone ever been able to get a 5150ish tone out of the HD500?

I have a few ways I think I could get close to that amp's tone (SLO-100 w/ a good treble boost).

Anyone got any ideas?

Look at page 185.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Any HD Pro users out there using a piezo-equipped guitar with a single stereo output jack? If so, I have a question...

My guitar now has a stereo output jack--I just had a piezo system retrofitted into my Edge Pro 7.

Is my best/only option to use a Y splitter and go into the left and right inputs of the HD Pro? That's what I'm doing now, and I have the line-in the switch set for -10db, and the inputs configured for:

Input Source 1: Guitar+Line L
Input Source 2: Guitar+Line R

This all works okay, but I get a little low-level hiss that way. Wondering if I'm missing something obvious or could be using a better setup.

')