meambobbo

Reaction score
When you saved it? I would manually force the .h5s extension on it when you save or change the extension after you save. You may have to enable viewing extensions for known file types in windows. What OS and browser are you using? I've heard of ppl occasionally having issues but I could not replicate them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some info on what the POD 2 is like, and is it worth me spending £40 on, I just want something that is capable of recording (not top quality, just for demos and online sessions) and is cheap.

Airfish

Reaction score
Hi there.
This thread is way too long to search for it, but I believe somebody must have asked this already: can I use my Pod HD Pro as a cabinet simulator for my real tube preamp (Engl E530)? Is it possible to disable the amp simulations in Pod HD Pro and use only the cab simulations? If yes, can you please tell me how? Or could you navigate me to the part of this thread where it´s been discussed?
Thanx!

Reaction score
When you saved it? I would manually force the .h5s extension on it when you save or change the extension after you save. You may have to enable viewing extensions for known file types in windows. What OS and browser are you using? I've heard of ppl occasionally having issues but I could not replicate them.

Ah got it! Fixed! Thank you!

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some info on what the POD 2 is like, and is it worth me spending £40 on, I just want something that is capable of recording (not top quality, just for demos and online sessions) and is cheap.

Ummm.... This is the pod hd thread. If your looking for a good recording, the 2.0 is not the way to go. And you would need a separate interface.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Hi there.
This thread is way too long to search for it, but I believe somebody must have asked this already: can I use my Pod HD Pro as a cabinet simulator for my real tube preamp (Engl E530)? Is it possible to disable the amp simulations in Pod HD Pro and use only the cab simulations? If yes, can you please tell me how? Or could you navigate me to the part of this thread where it´s been discussed?
Thanx!

No, you can't use cab sims with the amp sims engaged. You could just load impulses on a laptop and run an interface out into your power amp.

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
Ummm.... This is the pod hd thread. If your looking for a good recording, the 2.0 is not the way to go. And you would need a separate interface.

Didn't know there was a separate thread, and I'm not looking for good recording, I just needed a temp solution till I can get a HD Pro

meambobbo

Reaction score
Ah got it! Fixed! Thank you!

Glad to hear. If you don't mind, please let me know what OS and browser you're using. You're not the only one with issues, and I'd like to get them sorted out. How'd you workaround? Right click...save as... then made sure the .h5s extension was on the file?

RobPhoboS

Reaction score
For around £300-350 - is the Pod HD still the main unit to have for typical metal/stoner tones ?

Looking at the range they sell, I'm not sure at the moment I can justify the price of the HD500, the HD300/400 I can do or even the bean thing.

Currently at home I just use several pedals, and software - which is ok but a bit fiddly sometimes and just a pain if I want to head over to a friends place to go over some riffs.
Ideally I'll be buying myself a decent amp/cab later in the year but for now the Pod stuff looks appealing.

Cheers for any tips (I'm definitely searching high and low for comments on it).

RobPhoboS

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for that link.
I'm not overly fussed about not having the expression pedal but I guess I could always buy one at a later date, I'd rather have the full sound capability of the thing.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a pretty big issue with my hd500, all of the sudden, about 3/4 of the time I try to plug it in, it just shows the boot up screen over and over again? anyone know whats going on?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a pretty big issue with my hd500, all of the sudden, about 3/4 of the time I try to plug it in, it just shows the boot up screen over and over again? anyone know whats going on?

This had been covered before, but I can't remember what the fix was. Try holding the down button during start up. That performs a hard reset.

Reaction score

Go to HD forum in Line 6's website. After every firmware update you have to make a full reset + pedal reset. Needless to save, save your bundle before doing this.

Perge

Reaction score
So the HD pro is no longer available through guitarcenters website. Any word on this? Is guitar center just not carrying it anymore?

Perge

Reaction score
Talked to a manager in Ft. Collins. Says they are back ordered through April. Wasn't clear on if it was them OR line 6 that was behind. But should be back up by then lolz...

that short guy

Reaction score

this happened to me with my HD Pro. I had to hold down the left arrow and the turn the unit on while still holding it. I cant recall if the 500 has the the arrow option but you'll probably have to do the same thing

')