Chuck

Reaction score
I love my MH-417, gonna eventually try some EMG X's though since the blackouts aren't quite doing it for me

EDIT: but yeah I know you can do that with the amp, but it doesn't turn the volume all the way down like the volume pedal does. Plus I have everything I want in my patch anyways

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I love my MH-417, gonna eventually try some EMG X's though since the blackouts aren't quite doing it for me

EDIT: but yeah I know you can do that with the amp, but it doesn't turn the volume all the way down like the volume pedal does. Plus I have everything I want in my patch anyways

It does for me. Just set the minimum at 0.

You should try either a dimarzio crunch lab/liqifire or seymour duncan distortions. If your not liking the blackouts, I doubt the emg x's will do it for you.

I've used the crunch lab in three different 7's and two different sixes and they're killer. You even have the option to flip the ceramic bar around and have two different tones in the same pickup. I personally prefer the bar towards the bridge, but it's pretty common to see it facing the other way.

Just my $0.02

Shask

Reaction score
I think my hd500 is just fucked, I've tried just about everything recommended here and various searching online, and nothing has worked. Still just stuck in an infinite loop showing the boot screen

You have to boot it up in safe mode and re-flash it. Hard reset afterwards...

Chuck

Reaction score
Yeah they are still expensive but if I sell off my Blackouts and EMG's then it will be okay lol

Problem is no one seems to want to buy them on here lol

infreaks

Reaction score
Video of my first rehearsal using hd500 :

Pod HD Setting :
Rhythm :
Hard Gate - Dual Cab Treadplate Amps panning left and right 100% no cab, same amp DEP - return into Marshall JCM 900slx and Marshall 2000TSL.

TallestFiddle

Reaction score
Does anyone use compression on their POD tones? I feel like I want to use it, but I can't get any of them to sound right.

PasIvre

Reaction score
Does anyone use compression on their POD tones? I feel like I want to use it, but I can't get any of them to sound right.
Higher gain tones usually don't really need it after the amp, as the amp's distorted output is itself compressed compared to the original signal. When compression does help, it's usually going to need to be too subtle for the pod's in-built effects; it would be something you do in a DAW after the fact. Before the amp is a different matter, and clean and crunch tones can benefit from heavier compression after the amp than high gain ones.

')