This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Great work man! May I ask what you use in your pod hd patch?

Noise Gate > Q-Filter > Slo-100 Overdrive PRE > mixer > mid focus eq > studio eq

Pretty simple patch, I keep the drive low (13%).

DT settings: Class A/B, Topology III, Pent-mode

I LOVE THE TONES FROM THE DT25 BTW :hbang:

VikingGuitar

Reaction score
Yep. When you load up monkey, it should look at the devices you have plugged in. If you have more than one, click on "Change Device" on the left to select between them (ie your UX2, your POD HD, etc.) In the main window, it'll show the firmware version and have a green check mark next to it if it's current. If it isn't, you can download it by clicking on it and then clicking the Update button.

vmFin

Reaction score
I tried boosting old jcm800 with pod hd400 today.

I normally use modded Boss SD-1 in the front, so I put that in the loop of HD. Pod was more for cleaning up the sound with eq (low cut, 3kHz boost), gate and effects.

Worked great, I cut through better and not too much tone suckage. Those wahs are pretty nice on pod.

Effect buttons are pretty close, i accidently hit two at the same time with shoes more than acceptable. Especially that loop switch isn't tha easy to hit.
Not ready to go live with this setup yet.

Also, I really need to buy eq and gate as separate fx...

Nemonic

Reaction score
I tried boosting old jcm800 with pod hd400 today.

I normally use modded Boss SD-1 in the front, so I put that in the loop of HD. Pod was more for cleaning up the sound with eq (low cut, 3kHz boost), gate and effects.

Worked great, I cut through better and not too much tone suckage. Those wahs are pretty nice on pod.

Effect buttons are pretty close, i accidently hit two at the same time with shoes more than acceptable. Especially that loop switch isn't tha easy to hit.
Not ready to go live with this setup yet.

Also, I really need to buy eq and gate as separate fx...
Why? It seems to be a great device to pair with a tube amp with FX loop.
I have found out that HD is not a plug and play device. It requires serious knowledge.
Consider trying that Q Filter to boost, I wonder how does it sound.

Metal Guitarist

Reaction score
Do you get good quality sound using the headphone jack on the Pod HD Pro? Also, can you record directly into your computer using just the Pod and the USB?

eXile2

Taylor Wright
Reaction score
What I did with the POD HD Pro:

It's running through a Marshall JCM 2000, and 1960 lead cab.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Do you get good quality sound using the headphone jack on the Pod HD Pro? Also, can you record directly into your computer using just the Pod and the USB?

Have you not looked at the line 6 website? Every answer you've been looking for is there ;)

The headphone jack is just as good quality as any other output on the unit. You wouldn't hook up anything but headphones to it though.

And yes you can record direct with usb.

Metal Guitarist

Reaction score
"Have you not looked at the line 6 website? Every answer you've been looking for is there ;)

The headphone jack is just as good quality as any other output on the unit. You wouldn't hook up anything but headphones to it though.

And yes you can record direct with usb."

I just remember my old Peavey Vypyr sounding really bad through headphones. I feel stupid now. Thanks for the info. :lol:

vmFin

Reaction score
Why? It seems to be a great device to pair with a tube amp with FX loop.
I have found out that HD is not a plug and play device. It requires serious knowledge.
Consider trying that Q Filter to boost, I wonder how does it sound.

Why what? SD-1? For cutting lows and adding mids and dist. And my 2203 doesn't have a loop. Actually this was modded to be used with X2n and GE-7 set to arrow, kinda like slayer rig. I was fine in standard tuning, but b is bit muddy with overdrive alone.
Just trying out stuff. Pod is normally at "home studio", amps at rehearsal space. Digged that setup with pod, used just for fx.

e: not too hot on the jcm800 modelling in hd...

Reaction score
Some weeks ago I was asking how to control the noise and feedback with a stage amp (Head + Cabinet) at stage volume. Finally got to try today, one hard gate at the very beginning, and another hard gate ad the end. It didn't make much difference; noise would get loose sometimes.

The times are set to 0 ms, but the thresholds were different. The in threshold is by default higher than the out threshold, so I took thresholds on both hard gates to 65 db, just like the in threshold. It worked like a beauty in high volume, so I think I won't have problems onstage.

Thanks for all the suggestions I got in this forum!

P.S.: By the way...the mesa amp in the HD500 sounds awesome in my country-made amp head and cabinet. Sounds real high gain and in your face. I don't know if it sounds like a real Mesa, but damn, I get a very professional sound and I like it. I haven't tried the POD X3 or the XT, but the HD500 definitely sounds good and it has a quality sound.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
What do you guys usually use for your cab resonance settings? I took your advice Bobbo and turned it down to around 40% with my Tread 57on axis and greenback 57 off axis. It sounds much better this way. Not nearly as harsh as when I had the resonance up high.
Also, I fixed the phase issues and this is definitely my favorite cab and mic combo!

')