This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Hey all, I run an HD500 user group on facebook if anyone is intersted in joining it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/416000481758029/

attachment.php

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
So would anyone be interested in an obscura tone from the omnivium album or perhaps a sylosis tone? Or how about a request? I need something to do for a couple days since my unborn daughter is deciding that she never wants to come out....

fraxtal

Reaction score
Re-amping question ! i've followed this :

"
-Launch your DAW.
-Assign your POD HD500 as the audio device/driver.
-Create a track.
-Start using a blank patch, so that you can record your guitar clean.
-Connect your guitar to the Guitar Input.
-Record your guitar part.
-Disarm the record enable on this track once you are done recording.
-Create another track with the same input, but mute it, but record enable it.
-On the HD500, using a instrument cable, connect the L MONO out to the guitar input.
-Configure your tone, or bring up a patch.
-Launch the Line 6 Audio-MIDI devices menu, and under the inputs & recording tab please decrease the hardware monitor level all the way.
-After you are happy with your tone, press record."

But all that seems to happen is i create a feedback loop, really confused to what im doing wrong. Also i'm using the pod hd pro not the 500. I record a di track in the left input of my interface then create a second track muted/record - set the patch up , mute the volume on it then bam hit record and feedback eek .

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Re-amping question ! i've followed this :

"
-Launch your DAW.
-Assign your POD HD500 as the audio device/driver.
-Create a track.
-Start using a blank patch, so that you can record your guitar clean.
-Connect your guitar to the Guitar Input.
-Record your guitar part.
-Disarm the record enable on this track once you are done recording.
-Create another track with the same input, but mute it, but record enable it.
-On the HD500, using a instrument cable, connect the L MONO out to the guitar input.
-Configure your tone, or bring up a patch.
-Launch the Line 6 Audio-MIDI devices menu, and under the inputs & recording tab please decrease the hardware monitor level all the way.
-After you are happy with your tone, press record."

But all that seems to happen is i create a feedback loop, really confused to what im doing wrong. Also i'm using the pod hd pro not the 500. I record a di track in the left input of my interface then create a second track muted/record - set the patch up , mute the volume on it then bam hit record and feedback eek .

You absolutely MUST turn hardware monitoring all the way down in the line6 audio devices menu. You also can't activate the monitor function on your daw. Essentially, you won't be able to hear what your reamping. There's no way to get around the feedback. It's like putting your phone too close to the speaker when you've won tickets on the radio and are on the air...

It's an endless cycle of your signal being ran into your pod, then out of your pod, into your pod, then out of your pod, then into your pod.... I think you get the idea.

fraxtal

Reaction score
ha i'm so stupid , its working now ricky cheers! didn't realize there was a line 6 audio driver opion. Was turning off the volume to the amp FACEPALM!!!

SDSM

Reaction score
^ That sounds quite good to me actually. I bet it'd sound beastly in a full mix with a nicely toned bass. :D

Thanks man! Its the best tone I have came up with so far I think.

Next step will be trying to make a bass tone, which seems easier said then done on the POD HD lol

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
So would anyone be interested in an obscura tone from the omnivium album or perhaps a sylosis tone? Or how about a request? I need something to do for a couple days since my unborn daughter is deciding that she never wants to come out....

I need an SRV Little Wing patch - i always use humbuckers though, neck. The Jimi version would be nice too (intro mainly). I've got one made but i feel it could be better! I found one on customtones but it didn't blow me away

Reaction score
This is one of the videos from my band's show; leaving stage with this Sepultura cover song. Sound was recorded from the mixing board. Before this show, I made a lot of questions here on how to improve the hard gate on high gain patches. Here's the result. I must admit it didn't work as I expected, so as you can hear during the video, mostly where I stop playing, speak or whatever, feedback gets loose sometimes, with a flickering sound. Maybe guitar coming out from the front monitor makes feedback to come in. When I tested it at home, it seemed it would work fine. Maybe next time I should ask the sound man not to send guitars over the monitor, but I was afraid I wouldn't hear it in this big open place.

No more words, the video:

tripguitar

Settler of Catan
Reaction score

Do an acacia strain patch! either "the dead walk" or "death is the only mortal" would be awesome.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
no sylosis or acacia strain yet, but i did post a dimmu and sevendust patch on my customtone page found in my sig. the sevendust might work for acacia strain actually, its the same sort of warm/dry high gain tone i believe.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Leech master, that tone is really sick but it's a bit too loud in the mix in my opinion. But that's the sound guy not you. :lol:

')