Reaction score
Leech master, that tone is really sick but it's a bit too loud in the mix in my opinion. But that's the sound guy not you. :lol:

Thanks! :) I understand it even wasn't the mixer's output, but a whole different set of microphones. That was recorded in multi-track, so I could go to the studio and ask the guy to fix the mix :). This is meant as an advance of what was recorded that day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SDSM

Reaction score
This is one of the videos from my band's show; leaving stage with this Sepultura cover song. Sound was recorded from the mixing board. Before this show, I made a lot of questions here on how to improve the hard gate on high gain patches. Here's the result. I must admit it didn't work as I expected, so as you can hear during the video, mostly where I stop playing, speak or whatever, feedback gets loose sometimes, with a flickering sound. Maybe guitar coming out from the front monitor makes feedback to come in. When I tested it at home, it seemed it would work fine. Maybe next time I should ask the sound man not to send guitars over the monitor, but I was afraid I wouldn't hear it in this big open place.

No more words, the video:

Nice man! What amp/cab/mic sims are you using for that tone?

mcsalty

Keepin' it Kodos
Reaction score
pre-noob level question, and my apologies if this has already been asked/answered, but i'm thinking of getting a pod hd500 floorboard and was wondering if it could run through my 5150 III? i know some line 6 products are line 6 exclusive, so i wanna make sure i can even use it before dropping the money.

AaronGraves

Reaction score
You absolutely MUST turn hardware monitoring all the way down in the line6 audio devices menu. You also can't activate the monitor function on your daw. Essentially, you won't be able to hear what your reamping. There's no way to get around the feedback. It's like putting your phone too close to the speaker when you've won tickets on the radio and are on the air...

It's an endless cycle of your signal being ran into your pod, then out of your pod, into your pod, then out of your pod, then into your pod.... I think you get the idea.

I've actually figured out how to reamp and hear what I'm doing while I listen to it back in real time (not recording). I Keep the R/Mono out plugged into my monitor and I have the L/Mono out connected to my guitar in. On the mixer block, mute path B (both paths must be hard left and hard right, hard right being B) and in the DAW, pan the DI hard right. Mute the track getting reamped, but record enable it. Bam. Reamping in real time, while being able to adjust your patch to your liking. :shred:

incinerated_guitar

Reaction score
pre-noob level question, and my apologies if this has already been asked/answered, but i'm thinking of getting a pod hd500 floorboard and was wondering if it could run through my 5150 III? i know some line 6 products are line 6 exclusive, so i wanna make sure i can even use it before dropping the money.

Just run it into the effects return, and turn off the cab sim

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
If one more person asks "can I hook my pod up to X amp" I think I'm going to shoot myself. It's been asked more than 50 times in the last 100 pages of this thread. That obviously works out to every two pages. I'm pretty sure even the quickest search could find that answer.

Perhaps it's time I put the answer in all capitals in my sig....

Edit: I googled pod hd into tube amp. https://www.google.ca/search?q=pod+hd+into+tube+amp&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&redir_esc=&ei=MKW2Ub_CPMuAqgGN-oHoDA

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
:lol: Some people are gonna be confused by your sig.
Do you guys have any suggestions for getting an Opeth distorted sound? Ghost Reveries era, just something in the ball park.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
:lol: Some people are gonna be confused by your sig.
Do you guys have any suggestions for getting an Opeth distorted sound? Ghost Reveries era, just something in the ball park.

As long as at least a couple people don't ask again!

I've never really listened to opeth, so I can't be of any help there.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
As long as at least a couple people don't ask again!

I've never really listened to opeth, so I can't be of any help there.

Something along the lines of this

I've been using an Uber with the Tread+57on axis and PHD 57 off axis with really low gain and cranked mids.

Reaction score
Nice man! What amp/cab/mic sims are you using for that tone?

I'm using the "all-terrain" Dual Recto with its respective cab. The Mic is the 57 I believe, but I understand that in amp outputs (Stack power amp in in this case) microphone simulation is disabled. I also like to use the tube preamp before the amp :evil:.

EDIT: By the way, as you probably figured by the output configuration, it's connected to the power amp section of my amp head.

Poltergeist

Reaction score
Ricky, your Sevendust patch is really really good! If I had to make a request I'd be stoked if someone could do a Deftones patch. The Angel F-ball seems like it could deliver a Stephen Carpenter tone, but I just cant quiet get it right...

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Ricky, your Sevendust patch is really really good! If I had to make a request I'd be stoked if someone could do a Deftones patch. The Angel F-ball seems like it could deliver a Stephen Carpenter tone, but I just cant quiet get it right...

Thanks! I might add that to my list. My wife is in labour now though, so it won't be for a little while....

fraxtal

Reaction score
going to re-amp these tracks in a few days Rick with your periphery patch - https://soundcloud.com/d-i-m-3. these at the moment are using amplitude + tri-axis but the pod + tri-axis should sound pretty awesome i reckon

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
going to re-amp these tracks in a few days Rick with your periphery patch - https://soundcloud.com/d-i-m-3. these at the moment are using amplitude + tri-axis but the pod + tri-axis should sound pretty awesome i reckon

If your quad tracking you should also try removing the second amp with the hiway cab and keeping just the xxl for the second track. They sound great together! I also really like my diezel patch blended in with the peripheRick as the main.

That being said, I'm going for a nap.

Raf_666

Reaction score
Hi guys , just got a pod hd500 for home use (jamming with mp3's and headphone) and live to run in 4cm with my diezel d-moll

I started reading stuff regarding how to do this , will try in the weekend , one question is it really necessary to boost the signal with an eq block before the loop ? or just in some circomstances ?

Another thing I noticed with some presests I found on the net is that a lot of those use a noise reduction before the amps ? what's up with that , I always thought it should be at the end of the chain ?

Thx

Raf

')