RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Don't say that man. When you posted the link to your music again, I reminded that I had already downloaded it, when it was available in wav format. In fact, I have it in the desktop of my desktop computer. Thing is I've been troubled this past two weeks with studies and a relative in hospital, so I barely get to turn on my laptop sometimes.

I remember good stuff from your record, but you wanted us to say which is the song we most like, so I was expecting to have the chance to listen your record again sometime this weekend.

no worries. i whole heartedly appreciate any support i get. which is why i usually cave and give out my patches lol

ill keep you in mind when i release the next one as it will probably cost money. wayne and i decided to actually get discs pressed with real cases this time, so we have to charge enough to make our money back. we're not really trying to make money, but we've found that its easier to be taken seriously when you have a professional album!

now i just need to pull out my A game with the mixing and mastering so that its worth the disc is on lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
feel free to keep sharing lol

and no, the peripherick patch was an original by me. this one i tried to match the song letter experiment as close as humanly possible. the samples are on my soundcloud ;)

Ah ok, thanks for the insight bro. Just seeing if I wanted to download this madness.

MrGignac

Sonderkommando
Reaction score
HI everybody,
I just acquired one of these bad boys and had a quick question or 2. Ive had an XT live for like 5 years and have gigged out with it for that time and think its great for what it is. I like all of the HD models and the improved everything in my HD500. I want to know if there is a way to setup the groups of 4 patches and be able to jump between them without hitting the bank button. I have it set up on my XT live (A:Lead 2 B:Main Lead C: Clean D:Rhythm Distorted) and i would like to have the same setup on the HD. I just find having to hit bank before clicking another channel a bit annoying. or is there some simple setting I haven't seen yet? (Ive only had it 2 days)

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
HI everybody,
I just acquired one of these bad boys and had a quick question or 2. Ive had an XT live for like 5 years and have gigged out with it for that time and think its great for what it is. I like all of the HD models and the improved everything in my HD500. I want to know if there is a way to setup the groups of 4 patches and be able to jump between them without hitting the bank button. I have it set up on my XT live (A:Lead 2 B:Main Lead C: Clean D:Rhythm Distorted) and i would like to have the same setup on the HD. I just find having to hit bank before clicking another channel a bit annoying. or is there some simple setting I haven't seen yet? (Ive only had it 2 days)

I'm not sure what the problem is. You have 4 slots per bank just the same as the xt. You don't have to switch banks to change between a, b, c or d...

Reaction score
HI everybody,

#midicontrolsoftware

Have a laptop running a MIDI switching software for you and just program in cues to make it all automated. No manual switching with your feet on your part....ever again....

MrGignac

Sonderkommando
Reaction score
Maybe its some setting i have it on, I didn't get a manual with it. when i have it displaying 1A, i cant hit B and change it to that patch, i have to hit Bank then B. So it should let you switch thru 4 presets at a time like the XT. from what ive looked up there are 2 footswitch modes FS 5-8 and ABCD i just need to find how to switch them

MrGignac

Sonderkommando
Reaction score
ok figured it out, gotta go into setup, toggle the footswitch mode to ABCD. thanks for the input guys. cant wait to start makin some patches

feilong29

Reaction score
I posted this about a year or two ago, but that was WAY before I had a POD HD500 :D I'm going to work on this but maybe some of you gurus can help me out with generating this solo tone starting at 0:40:

I LOVE that tone; sounds like some compression (high?) and super delay/reverb! I don't have means to test that theory out at that moment but it seems simple enough. I think 6:20 might be the same but I can't tell right now, haha.

meambobbo

Reaction score
I would say do a tube comp into some EQ into a "Heavy Distortion". I believe it is modeled off a boss Metal Zone. The trick would be to use the EQ to get the distortion to sound right. I would start with a Parametric EQ at freq 35-45%, Q at 30-50%, and Gain around 60-70%, so make the tone super-clean and kinda fake sounding.

Maybe a touch of chorus and a healthy dose of reverb for post effects. A delay won't hurt either.

Not sure about the amp. You could use a clean amp model, or use low gain on something like the Park or PhD models. Not sure about cab/mic choices either. I like to mix two together, but if I had to pick one, I'd try either the Uber or the Hiway.

If you get too much high or low end, use a Mid-Focus EQ to lop it off.

EDIT : Let me know if you have success - that's like exactly the same tone as Michael Angelo Batio, and I wouldn't mind having that tone, although I'm not crazy about it and probably wouldn't spend time trying to get it.

ayaotd

Reaction score
What do you guys typically place the mix level at on reverb effects for lead tones?

elnyrb10

fly you fools
Reaction score
anyone got some good bass tones for the hd pro? the ones on the custom tone arent the best

Reaction score
anyone got some good bass tones for the hd pro? the ones on the custom tone arent the best

I got two killer ones I have been working on (promoted them a few pages back if you'll check).

They are for the HD500, but I can convert the patch to a .hre format or whatever for the Pro. It'll be perfect with no changes whatsoever.

meambobbo

Reaction score
What do you guys typically place the mix level at on reverb effects for lead tones?

It really depends on the verb you select and the settings you use. For natural sounding reverbs, I like the Springs and the Hall (Hall usually for DSP purposes). I typically use the default pre-delay and decay settings, and put my mix around 20-30% for a lead tone and 8-15% for a rhythm tone. Also, if you set the tone darker, I find you need a bit more mix to really hear the effect.

The cave, octo, and particle verbs are much more extreme, and I find they work better for extremely ambient clean or synth tones, with higher mix settings.

keep in mind, at 100% mix, you don't hear any of the original signal - only the response of the reverb. 50% is equal verb and original signal. I find there's rarely any reason to go above 50%, unless the verb itself is rather soft.

meambobbo

Reaction score
i had tried getting some Dimebag tones by running a Distortion effect as my main distortion into a cleaner amp, but I could never get it right. Seems like a lot of the tone on Vulgar Display is also the cab/speaker/mic used. Got that harsh, grindy, buzzyness to it. I gave up. lol. sorry.

there's got to be a way to do it, tho

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
My parents are going to order me the Pod HD Bean on Wednesday I believe.

Any really good patches I should be aware for stuff similar to Intervals or maybe Cloudkicker?

Any good metal patches in general I should consider getting?

')