This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ayaotd

Reaction score
Has anyone had success with using the exp pedal on the pod in an effect? I find it barely changes my sound and only deviates in small increments.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone had success with using the exp pedal on the pod in an effect? I find it barely changes my sound and only deviates in small increments.

You can use it to a very large extent. I use mine to control channel volume so that I can avoid using an fx block for a volume pedal. Ross (xCaptainx) uses the expression pedal to basically change between two patches. It adjusts the amp gain, the mix on his delay and a few other parameters all at once.

If you don't notice a difference, you aren't trying hard enough ;) try using it for the mix level as well as the parameter you were originally trying to change.

ayaotd

Reaction score
I was only able to change things by like 10% when I last checked it out. I'll have to do some experimenting later tonight.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
thanks! but how do you know if you havent tried them? ;)

They at least sound really friggen good.

Also, has anyone had experience recording into Garageband with the Pod HD Bean or Pro. I may end up getting the Pro, not sure yet.

I've heard of people having difficulty with Garageband + Pod HD. I was wondering if I should jsut pay the $60 and learn how to use Reaper. But as it stands the less I have to use that program the better.

Reaction score
thanks! but how do you know if you havent tried them? ;)

on a side note, im in the process of uploading my entire album on soundcloud right now. in case someone wants to listen, but doesnt feel its worth the space on their hard drive lol

edit: heres the link! https://soundcloud.com/rickycigs/sets/through-the-consumed

It was already worth when I had it in .wav format. Stop bringing your music down man; you're not a human, you're a djent masheen :metal:

Reaction score
I was only able to change things by like 10% when I last checked it out. I'll have to do some experimenting later tonight.

Sounds weird. Normal would be you could change any parameter and configure the amount of change you want on the whole expression pedal functionality.

To me it sounds like you're having a calibration problem. Go to Line 6 forums and enter into calibration mode. Calibrate the pedal and try again. Fastest way to try it is using the wah, for example, or assigning volume to an amp.

Reaction score
They at least sound really friggen good.

Also, has anyone had experience recording into Garageband with the Pod HD Bean or Pro. I may end up getting the Pro, not sure yet.

I've heard of people having difficulty with Garageband + Pod HD. I was wondering if I should jsut pay the $60 and learn how to use Reaper. But as it stands the less I have to use that program the better.

I never knew Garageband to be a good DAW. You should definitely purchase Reaper, or maybe download it and try it. I don't know knowadays, but Reaper use to have an unlimited time demo-mode; don't know if they've changed that. Reaper is considered a good DAW, and a cheap one.

Anything that uses ASIO drivers can handle the POD.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
I never knew Garageband to be a good DAW. You should definitely purchase Reaper, or maybe download it and try it. I don't know knowadays, but Reaper use to have an unlimited time demo-mode; don't know if they've changed that. Reaper is considered a good DAW, and a cheap one.

Anything that uses ASIO drivers can handle the POD.

It says I have four days left on my evaluation trial. Whether I can keep using it after that time I'm not sure. But if I can't I'll just buy it. And upgrade to PT eventually.

In a perfect world I'd be running Pro Tools.

I'll have to watch the tutorial videos o rread the manual for Reaper, I find the display a bit confusing, I can work my way around Pro Tools easily, quite comfortable with it, Garageband as well.

But something about Reaper makes it difficult for me to get used to

Reaction score
It says I have four days left on my evaluation trial. Whether I can keep using it after that time I'm not sure. But if I can't I'll just buy it. And upgrade to PT eventually.

In a perfect world I'd be running Pro Tools.

I'll have to watch the tutorial videos o rread the manual for Reaper, I find the display a bit confusing, I can work my way around Pro Tools easily, quite comfortable with it, Garageband as well.

But something about Reaper makes it difficult for me to get used to

I know it's a problem to learn a new DAW, but some of them are worth the time invested. When I first began recording music, I used Audition (crap) back in 2005, and it wasn't long since I felt I wasn't getting where I wanted. I switched to Cubase. It was hard to learn it, but it wasn't hard to know the potential I had with that. I even kept learning when my band went to studio and I saw the engineer use Nuendo. I don't know Reaper on it's full, but for what I've seen it's logic is a bit alike Cubase. In time, you'll learn common processes which can be done in many DAWs without problem, except those which work logic is different; for example FL Studio.

In the end, it's a matter of personal taste. If you find Garageband a must for you, check that it supports ASIO drivers and it should work with the POD.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
I know it's a problem to learn a new DAW, but some of them are worth the time invested. When I first began recording music, I used Audition (crap) back in 2005, and it wasn't long since I felt I wasn't getting where I wanted. I switched to Cubase. It was hard to learn it, but it wasn't hard to know the potential I had with that. I even kept learning when my band went to studio and I saw the engineer use Nuendo. I don't know Reaper on it's full, but for what I've seen it's logic is a bit alike Cubase. In time, you'll learn common processes which can be done in many DAWs without problem, except those which work logic is different; for example FL Studio.

In the end, it's a matter of personal taste. If you find Garageband a must for you, check that it supports ASIO drivers and it should work with the POD.

I'm totally willing to learn Reaper. THe more DAW's I can work with the better, I"m sure that it does certain things better than other DAW's. Plus $60 is a slick price. I think I may just end up buying it anyways, just so I have something decent to work with until I can afford PT 10/11.

The school I want to go to requires me to have PT on my laptop when I get there, so I'll need it eventually, but not right away. My High School has a copy that I can use at anytime for portfolio building, so I have access to it daily.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I'm totally willing to learn Reaper. THe more DAW's I can work with the better, I"m sure that it does certain things better than other DAW's. Plus $60 is a slick price. I think I may just end up buying it anyways, just so I have something decent to work with until I can afford PT 10/11.

The school I want to go to requires me to have PT on my laptop when I get there, so I'll need it eventually, but not right away. My High School has a copy that I can use at anytime for portfolio building, so I have access to it daily.

Reaper will still work after your evaluation period ends.

It's perhaps my favorite DAW of the few I have experience with, due to its simplicity and the price. It's easy enough to learn, but has enough depth that you can still do what all its peers can do.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

If your minimum value is only 10% away from your maximum value, then that's all it will give you. You have to set both. Minimum value is what it will be with the heel of the pedal all the way down. Maximum is the toe all the way down.

Have you calibrated your expression pedal? It won't do much of anything if it isn't calibrated...

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
It was already worth when I had it in .wav format. Stop bringing your music down man; you're not a human, you're a djent masheen :metal:

Haha I'm not trying to bring it down, but as you said, people are lazy. Oddly enough I got a like on one of my tracks that has zero plays... Now THAT'S laziness! Lol. I do appreciate the compliments though. One main flaw I've noticed with dropbox is that it doesn't count or track the number of downloads anywhere. There coul have been literally 5 people that downloaded my album and I'll never know lol. Having physical discs the bet time around will give me a much better idea. It also helps that Wayne will be promoting it on his channel that gets over 3000 views per day...

An I still have the wav format uploaded. I hit figured it was a lot less time consuming of a download if they were mp3's.

ayaotd

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for all the feedback. I actually havenever calibrated it. I bought it used and I guess it is not calibrated.

surfthealien

Reaction score

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I did a couple new patches today I used a fball and slo mixed

https://soundcloud.com/surfthealien/from-nothing

Rick I checked out the album I think my favorite track is ballerinas. I remember doing a solo for that one after yours. The tone match thing you are doing is awesome Im sure more that just myself appreciate it. I just found this guy on soundcloud what do you think of this tone?

https://soundcloud.com/simon-grove/eclipsed

I'm only on my phone right now, so I can't be an accurate judge, but it sounds cool.

I know there are at least a few people here that appreciate the tone matching. I kind of feel bad for falling behind on requests. When people ask in the thread I kind of lose them in the mix of things. I think the two next ones will most likely be cannibal corpse and thy art is murder. Thy art should be a popular one because I know at least one of the guitarists uses a 5150.

As long as everyone here bears with me doing tone matching after spending time with my daughter, working on my sexy new car, finishing an album, looking for a job, and playing the new sim city, the tones will keep coming!

On that note, I'll have to remember to upload my soldano patch tomorrow.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Oh, one last thing! I'm starting a competition on my Pod HD Facebook page that I took over for Ross where we have a week to make a high gain tone from an unlikely amp model. And to keep it fair, my entry won't count as I am the judge. If anyone here isn't already in th group and is interested, I can post the link. The competition will start in the next couple days!

feilong29

Reaction score
I'm only on my phone right now, so I can't be an accurate judge, but it sounds cool.

I know there are at least a few people here that appreciate the tone matching. I kind of feel bad for falling behind on requests. When people ask in the thread I kind of lose them in the mix of things. I think the two next ones will most likely be cannibal corpse and thy art is murder. Thy art should be a popular one because I know at least one of the guitarists uses a 5150.

As long as everyone here bears with me doing tone matching after spending time with my daughter, working on my sexy new car, finishing an album, looking for a job, and playing the new sim city, the tones will keep coming!

On that note, I'll have to remember to upload my soldano patch tomorrow.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Oh, one last thing! I'm starting a competition on my Pod HD Facebook page that I took over for Ross where we have a week to make a high gain tone from an unlikely amp model. And to keep it fair, my entry won't count as I am the judge. If anyone here isn't already in th group and is interested, I can post the link. The competition will start in the next couple days!

I'm down for a competition! I need the link too!

Latest posts

')