This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

meambobbo

Reaction score
Yup, me too. I learned that trick on the vetta but it still holds true to the Hd series. Every hi gain sim I have has an eq to notch that out, somewhere like 2k-2.5kz. It's a POD thing, apparently.

I used to notch 1 or 2 spots out. I think the issue isn't so much the amp modeling but the cab/mic simulation. Using dual cabs sims seems to seriously downplay this issue. I haven't bothered notching anything since I started using dual cabs. I do use the Mid-Focus EQ's to roll-off the high end, but this is way beyond the fizzy spot mentioned here.

Reaction score
I used to notch 1 or 2 spots out. I think the issue isn't so much the amp modeling but the cab/mic simulation. Using dual cabs sims seems to seriously downplay this issue. I haven't bothered notching anything since I started using dual cabs. I do use the Mid-Focus EQ's to roll-off the high end, but this is way beyond the fizzy spot mentioned here.

Yeah, it seems dual-amp makes sound a little better, if noticeable. Last time I tested 2 amps with the same exact settings (Not looking for a stereo image of course) and it sounded a bit better and complete than the 1-amp/cab patch. As I said, the difference is mild, but if you're not using many slots to reach the cpu limit, you might give it a try and see if it sounds better.

Rygar91

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at making my own patch using techniques that i've learned from all you guys. I tried to make a tone match for the rhythm tone used on Misery Signals album Controller. I cant really decide if it sounds close to the album but I think its a great tone on its own anyways!

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/225630/

Let me know anything you feel could improve it!

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
In case some of you aren't part of the Facebook pod hd group and want to help out, I'm looking for DI files to do a comparison of how different setups (guitar/pickups/strings/pick/player) can effect a patch.

If anyone wants to help out let me know. It doesn't matter what you play, just keep in mind that it will be reamped through a high gain tone.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
In case some of you aren't part of the Facebook pod hd group and want to help out, I'm looking for DI files to do a comparison of how different setups (guitar/pickups/strings/pick/player) can effect a patch.

If anyone wants to help out let me know. It doesn't matter what you play, just keep in mind that it will be reamped through a high gain tone.

I'd love to give it a crack!

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
*Not related to Ricky's post*

All I will say is...

GUISE.

Soon...

soon.jpg

:cool:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
One thing that has been bothering me about the pod and making me want an axe-fx is that the high gain sounds are too smooth. They don't have that roughness/grit of a cranked tube amp.

That being said, I am working on a patch that rectifies this situation. I'm finding though that the redwirez impulses are getting it closer. One part of the issue may actually be speaker distortion. The redwirez sound more like a pushed speaker.

I'll upload a sample when I get closer. As well as another bit of research/work I've been doing.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
^ That sounds very good, bet it would sound even more killer with some bass underneath it in a full mix.

Haha thanks. And yes it would. I'm gonna tweak it a tiny bit more and then do a full track with it. Possibly even cover the whole Feared song that the riff I used is from.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score

Here ya go, just check some of these threads for some amateur/pro DI's.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/practice-room-413/

OfArtAndArsenal

Reaction score
I've googled and searched and haven't found a final answer yet, though I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere in this thread:

How is the tuner on this thing?

')