fraxtal

Reaction score
Damn rick damn! you've made me re-evaluate my tones now. that is by far the smoothest distortion i've ever heard out of the pod. 4 titties up!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nahkaparoni

Reaction score
Damn, I'm torn between two options. Either getting a Pod HD Pro or Axe FX. I wouldn't mind saving the money I'd be left with if I got the Pod. I rarely use other effects than delay + reverb to spice up my lead tones. I play mostly high gain stuff and need a clean tone very rarely. I have Kemper but want to get something different to have more options every now and then and I kinda need a second rig for home use/recording. What would you guys do? Are the high gain tones comparable between the two units? I've heard some really amazing Pod HD tones aswell as Axe FX tones so I guess I can't go wrong with either but I still feel I need some help.

ayaotd

Reaction score
My friend adjusted my pick up height. My pick ups sound tons better, but now all my tones I made before are altered. Is it possible a pick up adjustment can do that much to the tones? I guess it makes sense. I'll have to check your tone after Ricky, I always enjoy seeing what you come up with.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
My friend adjusted my pick up height. My pick ups sound tons better, but now all my tones I made before are altered. Is it possible a pick up adjustment can do that much to the tones? I guess it makes sense. I'll have to check your tone after Ricky, I always enjoy seeing what you come up with.

Yes. The distance affects the output because they're "hearing" less of the strings, since they're further away.

ayaotd

Reaction score
I had recorded seven songs with my previous tones I had crafted. They sound weird now. I am going to have to start over tonight with a blank patch and bring up Meamabbo's guide. My problem with making a new main tone is I feel like I am going to want to go back and re-record everything. The POD is such an interesting device. I am not a tone master like some of you guys, but I feel like after playing around with tones for a few months/seeing the difference in sound with my pick up adjustment/random experimenting, I will have a much better grasp of approaching. The guide will even make more sense now!

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

Haha good to hear ;)

Stijnson

Reaction score
Good sounding patch Rickycigs! Tweaked it a little to my own setup but I get better results then when using the TSEx-50 with IR's.

Do you do any post EQ'ing to these sound demos you make?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Good sounding patch Rickycigs! Tweaked it a little to my own setup but I get better results then when using the TSEx-50 with IR's.

Do you do any post EQ'ing to these sound demos you make?

None. I do all my hi/low pass on the pod so there's really no need to.

For some things I like the x50 and the lepou legion better than this tone, but this one is also killer. Saves on processing power too. Superior drummer eats up a lot more than ezdrummer lol

Stijnson

Reaction score
None. I do all my hi/low pass on the pod so there's really no need to.

For some things I like the x50 and the lepou legion better than this tone, but this one is also killer. Saves on processing power too. Superior drummer eats up a lot more than ezdrummer lol

Nice, thanks for the reply man. I haven't tried your patch in a mix yet, but your little demos sound very good without any EQ'ing then. I tend to do my hpf and lpf on the POD too, unless I absolutely have to use all the EQ's to take out some nasty frequencies. But I tend to have a Mid-focus on my patches anyway so. As for the tsex-50, I feel it sounds a little grittier and dirtier (in a good way) then what I can achieve with the POD.

Good to know about SD too, im still using EZdrummer with the metalheads expansion and some eq'ing to make it better. But I think my laptop is pretty happy about that! :cool:

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
Nice, thanks for the reply man. I haven't tried your patch in a mix yet, but your little demos sound very good without any EQ'ing then. I tend to do my hpf and lpf on the POD too, unless I absolutely have to use all the EQ's to take out some nasty frequencies. But I tend to have a Mid-focus on my patches anyway so. As for the tsex-50, I feel it sounds a little grittier and dirtier (in a good way) then what I can achieve with the POD.

Good to know about SD too, im still using EZdrummer with the metalheads expansion and some eq'ing to make it better. But I think my laptop is pretty happy about that! :cool:

If I could make a recommendation, sell Metalheads on ebay or something and get Metal Machine. I've found the latter is far more highly regarded. I have it and I've definitely plopped it down in a few mixes without any changes whatsoever hahah. Case in point:

https://soundcloud.com/hes-dead-jim/of-the-kingdom-of-darkness

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Metal machine is definitely better. Superior drummer just has a lot more options so I prefer it to ezdrummer. For example, you can load multiple kicks at the same time and process them differently.

The x-50 is grittier which I definitely like. I use it a lot more than my pod these days. It's just easier to not turn on my computer sometimes.

I may try and get my 5150 patch a little grittier for my personal use by just adding some higher end before the amp. Exactly what I did in my true grit patch.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
The S/PDIF output on my HD500 has started wiggling, and is kinda loose... I opened it up and found a place to stick some pretty dense foam to counteract it and give it more resistance when pushing in cables, but this doesn't bode very well at all. Some day in the future it's going to give.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
Just scored a sweet deal on a ec1000. Did the 18v mod to it, tweaked my lead tone some. Ive got to try out your new patch Rick. Also the patch evan9198 posted.

https://soundcloud.com/surfthealien/not-bad-kid-not-bad-at-all

I swear that is THE lead tone I've been chasing for the last three months.

Tell me your secrets.

On a side note, I got a LTD M-1000 with EMG 81's, so probably Friday night I'll record some stuff with it, I've been working on a rhythm tone for a bit now. In the vein of Lamb of God's New American Gospel/As The Palace Burns era stuff.

surfthealien

Reaction score
I wanna hear your demo of my patch!

I LOVE ec-1000's. I regret selling mine. It was a nice transparent green with the quilted maple top and pearl binding. I'm a sucker for green guitars....

Yeah man I am loving this thing. It's half step down now I think I'll leave it that way. Ill totally demo your patch. I'll start work on it tonight and post here late tonight or tomorrow.

surfthealien

Reaction score
I swear that is THE lead tone I've been chasing for the last three months.

Tell me your secrets.

On a side note, I got a LTD M-1000 with EMG 81's, so probably Friday night I'll record some stuff with it, I've been working on a rhythm tone for a bit now. In the vein of Lamb of God's New American Gospel/As The Palace Burns era stuff.

The 18v's really helped this guitar. More headroom and better dynamics. That lead tone I used a single slo100 I'll post the patch. A big part of my leads are the pinch's I get them as often as I can wherever I can.

Latest posts

')