progman

Reaction score
Anyone else absolutely in love with the octoverb? I have it on the lead guitar track for a song that I'm helping a local band write. Let me know what you think. I have it on a high gain part and a clean part. Bacon Bits V6 AMSS Version by Fretless on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Yes!!!! I am totally loving octoverb. If you download any of the "synthesizer" tones on custom tone, many of the cooler ones (imo) have it. It is starting to surprise me how many people post "listen to my new song with the pod" and it is just some generic djent or deathcore tone (no to knock anybody). The pod can do so much more. I am also loving the bass ocatavor (think 311 or CKY) and the Dimension effect. Some of the phasers and flangers are good too. Seems like no one want to put any effects into their stuff except for delays in there solos. I have been listening to Dead Letter Circus a lot, so I have been playing around with effects lately.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stijnson

Reaction score
^^
https://soundcloud.com/stijnson/ambient
Here is some non-generic and non-djent or deathcore stuff made only using the pod! I have mostly experiemented with using ambient style clean tones (besides high gain tones obviously hehe), which I think the POD can be very good at. Mind you this was just a test for the Ambient Swell patch I created, nothing special, but I still think it sounds cool.

progman

Reaction score
^^
https://soundcloud.com/stijnson/ambient
Here is some non-generic and non-djent or deathcore stuff made only using the pod! I have mostly experiemented with using ambient style clean tones (besides high gain tones obviously hehe), which I think the POD can be very good at. Mind you this was just a test for the Ambient Swell patch I created, nothing special, but I still think it sounds cool.

Would love to hear some more stuff like this. Mr Cig's... I was looking at your stuff on customtones. You seem to be an aficionado on the Pod. Would you happen to have any non deathcore stuff you would be willing to share?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Would love to hear some more stuff like this. Mr Cig's... I was looking at your stuff on customtones. You seem to be an aficionado on the Pod. Would you happen to have any non deathcore stuff you would be willing to share?

I really only play hi gain stuff, so I have both kinds of tones. Deathcore AND djent ;)

Stijnson

Reaction score
Sounds real good Rickycigs! But you used IR's with that right? Im guessing the Bogner as the pre-amp?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds real good Rickycigs! But you used IR's with that right? Im guessing the Bogner as the pre-amp?

Nope. Guitars are 100% pod

Edit: forgot to mention that I used the treadplate. On a side note NEVER use the pre only models when using good impulses. Your just setting yourself up for disappointment. See my write up a few pages back if you want to know why.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
Yes!!!! I am totally loving octoverb. If you download any of the "synthesizer" tones on custom tone, many of the cooler ones (imo) have it. It is starting to surprise me how many people post "listen to my new song with the pod" and it is just some generic djent or deathcore tone (no to knock anybody). The pod can do so much more. I am also loving the bass ocatavor (think 311 or CKY) and the Dimension effect. Some of the phasers and flangers are good too. Seems like no one want to put any effects into their stuff except for delays in there solos. I have been listening to Dead Letter Circus a lot, so I have been playing around with effects lately.

The high gain lead part also uses a bass octaver. Gives it a really good cut into the mix.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score

Edit: forgot to mention that I used the treadplate. On a side note NEVER use the pre only models when using good impulses. Your just setting yourself up for disappointment. See my write up a few pages back if you want to know why.

I use pre only presets, but I also use an extern power amp simulator, so it makes sense to turn it off

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
When I make my patches I tend to start with the cleanest tone I can make then I decide what I am going for be it a clean patch with effects or a gritty distortion tone. I always try to make the most versatile patch that I can. I'd want to be able to use it with any of the songs I write over every genre.

daedae

Reaction score

Okay, I went back 15 pages and I didn't see anything obvious, so I guess I'm just blind. :wallbash: Unless you're just referring to the comment about them being too thin-sounding...

I assume if you're using TPA-1 and an IR, you're using just the pre model with that? Or do you use the POD's power amp modeling and the TPA on top of that? (I guess really this is one of those "if it sounds good, it is good," regardless of whether it would make sense to have two power amps in series on a physical amp...) I haven't played around with it much yet, because I haven't figured out how to wire everything up so that I hear only the post-VST output with TPA/IRs instead of the raw POD sound and then the processed sound slightly delayed.

')