progman

Reaction score
Yeah it's been a big improvement for getting that "big sound." Just for fun, I tried to go full Townsend last night. Quad tracked, and added a choir track too. :lol:

And no problem! I can upload it to customtone a little later. :)

Dude....Post that song! Have you tried the dimension effect or the bass octavator?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fadjar_rama

fadjar_rama
Reaction score
Hi all,
i've made some video using POD HD300(direct recording)
Enjoy :

i used tubescreamer + SLO100 amp sim(solo mode) + ENGL Cab sim + SM57 off axis.

shanejohnson02

Hammer of the Gods
Reaction score
Here's a trick I've been using lately: Dual-amp mode, same amp / settings on both sides, same cabs, different microphones. (57 / 421 on my setup).

Pan one hard right, and one hard left. Then, to double-track, just reverse the pan setting.

It also works well when you pan both straight up the middle and mix the two mic sounds to match personal preference. I like to do this for leads, adding a bit of reverb and delay and cranking the mids.

I also find myself using MUCH less gain than I would in real life. The Engl and Mesa models are almost unusable past 10-11 o'clock.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Dude....Post that song! Have you tried the dimension effect or the bass octavator?

The bass octavator no, the dimension I've toyed with a couple times but not very extensively. What is it exactly?

And I could bounce down what I have of the song so far, but uploading it would take roughly 2.64 weeks because I'm in the lounge at my school between classes, and the wifi is slow and it'd take forever to load it to soundcloud. :lol: I'll load the rough mix of it later though.

progman

Reaction score
The bass octavator no, the dimension I've toyed with a couple times but not very extensively. What is it exactly?

And I could bounce down what I have of the song so far, but uploading it would take roughly 2.64 weeks because I'm in the lounge at my school between classes, and the wifi is slow and it'd take forever to load it to soundcloud. :lol: I'll load the rough mix of it later though.

I am really not sure what dimension is supposed to be, but it has a chorus type sound. To me, it sounds much better than the chorus effects on the POD. You have to do some adjusting to get it to sound cool though.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
I might be joining a band soon, but I don't want to bring my crappy Line 6 Spider amp to band practice. What cables and stuff do you need to hook up a HD400 to power speakers? And should you run the POD through the mixer board if the place has one?

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Would you mind posting your patch on custom tones?

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/255233/

There's the tone for ya!
Sounds pretty pro dude, can't wait to hear the finished product.

Thanks man! The very intro part (that keeps going in this recording, it's just really quiet with all the layers, will mend that eventually too when I get to seriously recording and mixing it,) is an idea I've had for a while, I'm excited to finally make a song out of it, super fun writing so far. :)

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
I love messing with crazy effects. If I have time tonight after I wake up I'll toy with making a really ambient patch.

progman

Reaction score
Here's the song so far, there's stuff before this recording and there's gonna be a lot after since it's just an intro at the moment, but it serves its purpose as demo'ing the tone as it currently is. It's just a raw mix right now, recorded quickly, blahblah, more excuses, etc.. Here you go!

https://soundcloud.com/oceansbuiltonsinkingships/btw-i-lyked-robbie-teh-robut

Thanks for the tone, will check it out tonight. I dig the song intro too. What are you using for the synth chorus effect?

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Thanks for the tone, will check it out tonight. I dig the song intro too. What are you using for the synth chorus effect?

No Amp --> Dual Signal Path, top path with just a tube comp, and the bottom with an octave pitch glide with the mix at 100%. Then the paths rejoin and it goes: Analog Delay w/ Mod into a plate reverb.

Just uploaded that one too, here it is: http://line6.com/customtone/tone/255290/

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
You guys are gonna hate me (especially you, Ricky, sorry!) but I've tried searching this thread and couldn't find the answer to my question. I know I've seen it answered or explained, I just can't find the actual posts.

A.) Is there a way to record both wet and dry signals with a POD HD500 in Reaper?

B.) Does this leave dual-amp tones out to dry (har har)?

I'm using a tweaked version of Bobbo's Veil of Maya tone (from before his last update, I like it more) and it's a dual-amp tone. From what I remember, you have to have one amp panned hard one way, and an inactive amp block panned the other. I just can't figure out how to get this to work in Reaper, or if it works at all. Ideally, I would still use the VoM tone, but I've got some single-cab tones I like as well.

Again, I'm sorry for asking this. I get tired of retreading the same questions just reading them, it sucks for you guys who actually answer. I wish there was a way to bookmark posts in threads so you can just point out links to people.

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
You guys are gonna hate me (especially you, Ricky, sorry!) but I've tried searching this thread and couldn't find the answer to my question. I know I've seen it answered or explained, I just can't find the actual posts.

A.) Is there a way to record both wet and dry signals with a POD HD500 in Reaper?

I'm using a tweaked version of Bobbo's Veil of Maya tone (from before his last update, I like it more) and it's a dual-amp tone. From what I remember, you have to have one amp panned hard one way, and an inactive amp block panned the other. I just can't figure out how to get this to work in Reaper, or if it works at all. Ideally, I would still use the VoM tone, but I've got some single-cab tones I like as well.

Again, I'm sorry for asking this. I get tired of retreading the same questions just reading them, it sucks for you guys who actually answer. I wish there was a way to bookmark posts in threads so you can just point out links to people.

1. Yes http://line6.com/customtone/tone/217206

Stijnson

Reaction score
^^ Just run a dual amp patch, panned hard left and hard right, but one channel with the amp and the other totally dry. Then in Reaper just arm 2 tracks to record at the same time, one recording mono 1 and another recording mono 2. Piece of cake

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

Your so dead.

But as was said, you just need to set up your inputs in reaper. If your wet track is left as your dry track is right, then you set up an input bus that uses the left stereo input only and an input bus that uses rhe right stereo input only.

Have both tracks active, but turn monitoring on for just your wet track.

One thing I've noticed about this method is that the dry track has a slightly lower output that just doing a single dry track with the mixer set to center. If you set the mixer level on your dry track a bit higher, it should work out better, but you may have to adjust the gain on the reamp track to compensate.

Poltergeist

Reaction score
Ricky, you posted a few pages back about making a 500hz cut for Redwirez IR's, I was wondering where in mix IR2 you place the cut? Would I place 500hz low cut in the EQ path? Also I had a question about the WET parameter in Redwirez... Do you want to set it to 0db or -18db? I heard that recording proper levels for better head room would be -18db .. Could you shed some clarity on this please?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Ricky, you posted a few pages back about making a 500hz cut for Redwirez IR's, I was wondering where in mix IR2 you place the cut? Would I place 500hz low cut in the EQ path? Also I had a question about the WET parameter in Redwirez... Do you want to set it to 0db or -18db? I heard that recording proper levels for better head room would be -18db .. Could you shed some clarity on this please?

I use LeCab2 for an impulse loader, so I'm not sure how to set mix ir. the cut should be made after your impulse because its the impulse itself is what's boxy, not the amp sim. You only need a narrow cut. Nothing too drastic.

Latest posts

')