MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
^^^ Actually it's all used gear Ricky, so the speakers were pretty much broken in all around. There were some other variables like Mesa V30's vs a Marshall V30 and an aftermarket V30, plus the Splawn had 2 G12T75's in it too.

Anyhow, think i prefer the Mesa at this point. It just seems a bit more focused overall. My goal was to keep similar tone in a more compact cab, so i'm pretty happy - although not happy enough to prevent the purchase of another 1x12 to go on top!

Here's a clip goofing off on my standard rhythm patch (Recto pre-only model and a gate) recorded live. It's not cranked up or anything but even at low volume sounds pretty good - one thing is for damn sure - it sounds like an amp.

Soundcloud Link

very nice! what power amp are you using with this one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
Hello peeps!

Just got an HD300 and I'm having a REALLY hard time getting a clear,fizz-free sound.
I'm playing in Drop E with an EMG 81.
If anyone has any tips,please share them.

Happy new year

Thanks!

progman

Reaction score
Well, I thought I should share the same news as on my Facebook pod group.

I ordered a Laney Irt-Studio last night, so I won't be making any new patches. Sorry to disappoint you guys haha

Kinda pissed about this dude, haha. Are all your tones on customtone? Your Diezel and Periferick tones sounds awesome through my Alto 12 with very minor tweaking. Your high gain tones are boss. What I like the best about them is that they sound good at high volume.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Kinda pissed about this dude, haha. Are all your tones on customtone? Your Diezel and Periferick tones sounds awesome through my Alto 12 with very minor tweaking. Your high gain tones are boss. What I like the best about them is that they sound good at high volume.

99% of them are on customtone. I deleted a few random older ones. I'll be making one more patch guide video that should help people make their own killer patches.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
What do you think of using the HD series with something like the Torpedo?

You would be stupid not to. Two Notes impulses are THE BEST that there are. You can download the demo version of Wall of Sound from them. Even the 2 cabs that they give you are killer. It also has some pretty decent power amp simulation. Possibly better than the pods.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
You would be stupid not to. Two Notes impulses are THE BEST that there are. You can download the demo version of Wall of Sound from them. Even the 2 cabs that they give you are killer. It also has some pretty decent power amp simulation. Possibly better than the pods.

+1 to this. POD HD + WoS 3 = amazingly high quality guitar tone. I use pre only amp models now and use WoS for power amp and cab emulation. I've bought all of the cabs that are available now through WoS, and I have to say you wouldn't be disapointed. Though if you're going to buy some cabs, buy them in bulk. You get huge discounts.

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
That's because its free. It's the extra cabs that cost money

Gotcha. I think their description threw me off:

"You can use and evaluate all of the plug-in’s functionalities for 30 days. At the end of that period you will be reminded to place your first cabinet purchase in order to get a full, definitive license of use."

I took that to mean you have to pay a registration fee, but I guess it just means they "encourage" you to buy more cabs haha.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

"You can use and evaluate all of the plug-in’s functionalities for 30 days. At the end of that period you will be reminded to place your first cabinet purchase in order to get a full, definitive license of use."

I took that to mean you have to pay a registration fee, but I guess it just means they "encourage" you to buy more cabs haha.

I've had mine for more than 30 days and you just get limited to two cabs. You get 8 mics though and all positions.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score

Yeah, and don't forget that WoS can also load cab IR's. Though I highly recommend buying a few cabs because they are just so great. My favorites are the Angl VintC, BDeLuxe, Calif StdC, Green Tri, Vibro V30, and the Kerozen for guitar. For bass I absolutely love the AZ Ben and the Fridge.

thedonal

Reaction score
Well, after a few weeks of owning (and too busy/tired to get much use), I started my first user patches this week.

I think it's gonna take a little time to know how to get the most out of the different amp models, even with the online guide posted earlier in this thread... :)

It's already starting to show its value in playing with an amped sound at unsociable times.

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
Holy shitballs, Batman. This thing RULES. Way more well-defined than Recabinet. I should have checked this out ages ago.

The ones you can sample and buy don't sound nearly as good as the stock cabinets, oddly enough. I'm even using the same microphone positions and I still prefer the stock Marshall 4X12 to the Rectifier sim, which sounds super fizzy.

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score

Kristianx510

Reaction score
Using the Torpedo live with the POD HD would be amazing, but for a few hundred dollars more you can get an Axe FX.. Which is the exact same dilemma I'm in now.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
With the dual signal setup, can you route two signals to the house via xlr (with amp and cab sim) and a different signal to your amp (no amp and cab sim, using own tube amp pre amp in 4CM)?

')