LanceLink

Reaction score
This is pure speculation but imagine if:
It has 2 DSPs thus alleviating the dreaded "DSP Limit Reached" message + the obvious additional connections
It has 1 DSP but allows connecting an HD500 to control it and increase the "DSP Limit"

I'm thinking Line6 will not come out with a "POD HD Bean in a Rackmount with some additional connectors"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Levi79

Reaction score
So i got an HD500 along with some KRK Rokit 8's last night and I've been playing with it ever since. The clean and lower gain amps sound awesome, but all of the high gain amps sound fizzy to me no matter how much I try to dial it out. Am I missing something? Who has some HD500 patches to share with me?

nathanwessel

Nathan Wessel
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am new to the whole POD (and line 6) family with my hd500. Its a brilliant piece of equipment. My question is, is there a way to load non-hd500 custom tones (from line6 site) into the device? It seems like a bummer to only accept the few hd500 tones.

Thanks for the help!

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
Doesn't it accept HD300 and HD400 tones? I got my HD300 a few days ago and finally had the time to play with it for a bit today. I really like the "Mesa Death Metal" HD300 tone they have on the site.

Lrrrr

Reaction score
Doesn't it accept HD300 and HD400 tones? I got my HD300 a few days ago and finally had the time to play with it for a bit today. I really like the "Mesa Death Metal" HD300 tone they have on the site.

Nope, you have to download the HD3/400 tool and copy the settings manually.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
arg really considering getting a HD300 (sold my hd500 afew weeks ago) while I wait to save up for an Axe-FX... Im about $500 off for that, but im not really dissatisfied with the HD tones, just wanting to eventually go rack again..

the HD300's used are so damn cheap, its almost stupid not to get one (assuming you need effects loop, but im running it alone) .. I could buy my new cab, new speakers and HD300 now instead of getting just the Axe and having a bleh cab/speakers to run through.. and just wait 6 months for the Axe, maybe prices will even go down.. hmm

tough decision =/ It may be nice to have the HD300 as a backup anyways, since like I said its friggin unreal cheap (like $230 used most forumss online)

jacksonwarriormg

Reaction score
just for let you know, the pod is one of the best thing i ever have(thank nick cormier) and i also just receiveid my john petrucci jp100 and my ibanez RGD7320z and my tone with taht it just crazy

Romain

Reaction score
I got mine today ! I also bought a beyerdynamic DT 990 ! =)

Happy as a child !

horacexgrant

Reaction score
Dumb question, but can I plug an electric bass into the HD500 and have any kind of quality sound come out of it?

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Dumb question, but can I plug an electric bass into the HD500 and have any kind of quality sound come out of it?

its ok, but its not as good as the X3 which actually had bass presets. the HD only really has the Fender Bassman.. which is eh.

I forget what I used, but I got a usable tone from it when plugging my bass in.. I might of just turned the amp sims off and did alot of EQing with effects actually, if I recall.

matisq

Reaction score
All,

Another demo of POD HD300 HiGain.
Signal chain:
- Flame EXG-7 loaded with DiMarzio Custom Blaze Set
- POD HD300 with Mesa simulation boosted with TS
- Poweramp of Marshall AVT150 (solidstate)
- YCab custom cabinet loaded with 2 Celestion V30 speakers.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I was thinking of using my POD HD500 as a pre-amp and buying a power amp and maybe a 2x12 cab.
Would something like that be a good idea?
Would a solid state power amp be ok or should I get a tube power amp?

jeremyb

Reaction score
I was thinking of using my POD HD500 as a pre-amp and buying a power amp and maybe a 2x12 cab.

This is the perfect configuration in my mind, what I intend to do myself, the Rocktron Velocity 300 is great value, I use the power section of my solid state ZT Club amp and it sounds fantastic with the HD500, but eventually I want a 2x12 and dedicated power amp for gigging.

I reckon solid state is better as the tubes will colour the sound some what, but each to their own.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score

if you dont mind the weight, id recommend the Carvin TS100. IMO, sounds much better than any solidstate poweramp, but just as cheap (under $500)

thats a solid rig though, I basically used that for many shows (Pod XT with Carvin T100 and a small cab) and always sounded great

Santuzzo

Reaction score
This is the perfect configuration in my mind, what I intend to do myself, the Rocktron Velocity 300 is great value, I use the power section of my solid state ZT Club amp and it sounds fantastic with the HD500, but eventually I want a 2x12 and dedicated power amp for gigging.

I reckon solid state is better as the tubes will colour the sound some what, but each to their own.

if you dont mind the weight, id recommend the Carvin TS100. IMO, sounds much better than any solidstate poweramp, but just as cheap (under $500)

thats a solid rig though, I basically used that for many shows (Pod XT with Carvin T100 and a small cab) and always sounded great

Thanks, guys !

Is that Carvin Power amp out of production or do they still make those?

')