that short guy

Reaction score
came up with a new clean patch today let me know what you guys think of it

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/i_get_bored/hauntingly-beautiful[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

that short guy

Reaction score
Any chance of sharing some details of that clean patch Short Guy?

Yeah no problem man here are the screen shots of it in the editor.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    701.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    376.9 KB · Views: 63

bcolville

Reaction score
Anyone know if the quality of the dry out is good enough for reamping? I want to use the pod for getting the performance down at a reasonable playing level then sending that di through an amp.

that short guy

Reaction score
Nice one! Cheers!

Im gonna try this tonight. What guitar are you using? Sounds like a single coil in there.

I used an EC-1000fr with EMG 57/66. most of it was done with the 66 but the little "lead" part at the beginning was in the middle position. seriously can't speak enough about these pickups.

the patch itself is really touch sensitive so I dialed the volume knobs back maybe to 8.5 on both to take away the harshness and make them a little more round.

Stijnson

Reaction score
^^^Sounds good man! Care to share some info on the patch? It sounds very dynamic which for me has been a problem achieving with the pod for leads.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score

I think I finally found a decent, organic lead tone with the POD HD Pro, which I've been struggling to find for a while...

I blended a Fireball with a lower gain amp (I forget which one) to really help with the little nuances...

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Hey guys, as I've mentioned before on here the USB port on my pod is broken. So I just picked up a Scarlet 2i2 and I want to record DI's with it and then reamp with my Pod. Any information on how to do this?

Reaction score
Hey guys, as I've mentioned before on here the USB port on my pod is broken. So I just picked up a Scarlet 2i2 and I want to record DI's with it and then reamp with my Pod. Any information on how to do this?

Well, that scarlett johannson interface doesn't has a S/PDIF input. I haven't tried this, but you could do the following:

Unless your patch is dual-amped, take the entire chain to the left (Make it dual, but left the other chain empty and without an amp. In the mixer, make sure one chain is panned hard left, and the other hard right. Then connect the two analog outputs of the POD to the two analog inputs of the Scarlett. In your DAW, record into two separated mono channels, one taking the left input and the other the right input.

In theory, you could record the wet processed channel as well as a dry unprocessed signal straight from your guitar in one take with this method. If this doesn't work, you could try getting a dry signal from the FX Send.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Oh I'm just plugging straight into my Scarlet for the DI's. I was more so wondering about the reamping process. :lol:

Reaction score
Oh I'm just plugging straight into my Scarlet for the DI's. I was more so wondering about the reamping process. :lol:

Oh yeah, you know I'd like to "plug" into Scarlett Johannson :evil:

As I mentioned before, in your DAW record 2 mono tracks; one channel being the processed signal of the POD and the other the unprocessed dry signal which also comes from the POD, but clean straight from the guitar. After that, you can throw a guitar/amp/cab VST in the clean recording and work it out, then see if you keep the POD's sound or the reamped one. You can also make different sorts of crazy stuff, like set up the same chain both in left and right chains of the POD, but leave one chain with cab emulation and the other one without cab emulation, then add a cab VST to see if you can get a better sound.

To be honest, I haven't done the stuff I mentioned before, but I'd do that in case I wanted to reamp.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Well I want to use my POD as the reamping "amp". But I want to be able to tweak things on my patches as I need to.
Regardless, thank you for the help man. +rep

Stijnson

Reaction score
Decided to re-visit my POD HD after having a little break from it because I was achieving better tones with VST's. Or atleast I got good tones faster using VST's. This is thus a tone test using the Bomber uber sim, which has always been my favorite. It just sounds the most 'real' for high gain. Excuse the sloppy playing, but what do you guys think? :shred:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/stijnson/pod-hd-bogner-tone-test-bomber-uber[/SC]

')